Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Fletcher Will Not Visit Redskins

Fede

I'm just glad after the Taylor story that Jason heeded our advice and suggestions and allowed himself to contact the team instead of letting "a source with knowledge of the situationm" be the end of his work. Sure, the team may blow him off, but, that's at least an EFFORT to cover your bases.

I'm not sure I like the fact he may be trying to make it seem like we were hotter for Fletcher than he led us to believe last week. He wrote, "The Redskins have been in contact with Fletcher sporadically throughout this month, and have been in the market for a third cornerback," in his article last week.

Suddenly, today we're in "regular" contact. The words have different meanings to describe the level of contact. Not sure why it changed.

Anyway, for depth Wright is fine. So would Fletcher have been. Honesty, I'd like two guys here, but, will probably have to live with one :). You essentially replace Harris with a similar guy, though Harris had more starting experience. In the end, you're about where you were last year with depth at corner. You're a back a little with depth at safety.

I guess he doesn't want to get PAID, get a free personalized jet ride, and front row tickets to a Wizards game...

Well, I just hope that the Wizards tickets was not the deal breaker.

he probably wants a starting job, which we cannot offer

Archived