Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

List your injury watching the Skins

StevieInferior

After the final ruling on the Mel Gray "catch" in the end zone, giving the Cardinals the win in the final seconds in St. Louis, October 1975, I jumped up and banged my head on the low rafters of my basement.

The loss eventually knocked the 'Skins out of the playoffs. St. Louis went on to win the NFC East, Dallas got the wildcard and became the first wildcard team to reach the Super Bowl.

Dunno if this counts, but I was drinking tea during the first Seattle game last season. I had the cup up to my mouth and was slowly sipping when they missed the FG. I was so surprised I inhaled, then choked on my burning hot tea. :doh: My tongue was burnt something awful, but once I could breath again I was like "Ya-*wheeze*- YAY!"

The night of the first Dallas game was on my birth day last year. My wife and I had jsut had a baby so we were just hanging out at the house. By half time I was so pissed off I had already gone through all the beer in the house. Many beers later, Santana burnes Roy Williams again and I jumped straight up into my ceiling fan with beer in hand, shooting beer across the room and hitting my forehead on the blades.

Good times. :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

While watching another Norv Turner induced horror I cut the tip of my finger off with tin snips while yelling an obsenity at the TV. Bled like a stuck pig thru the entire second half. When the game was over I drove mysef to the emergency room to get stitches.

Dunno if this counts, but I was drinking tea during the first Seattle game last season. I had the cup up to my mouth and was slowly sipping when they missed the FG. I was so surprised I inhaled, then choked on my burning hot tea.

That is one injury I can say with confidence I will never suffer during a Redskin game.

:cheers:

After the final ruling on the Mel Gray "catch" in the end zone, giving the Cardinals the win in the final seconds in St. Louis, October 1975, I jumped up and banged my head on the low rafters of my basement.

The loss eventually knocked the 'Skins out of the playoffs. St. Louis went on to win the NFC East, Dallas got the wildcard and became the first wildcard team to reach the Super Bowl.

forgot about that game. The refs huddled three times and then each time ruled incomplete. The replays all showed it going right thru his hands. Finally they huddled a FOURTH time and ruled it complete. Unbelievable!

All I have too say is thst I think my neighbors think there are domestic disputes in my house when the Redskins are on cause I scream so loud.And im all by myself because I kick my family out too watch the game.

You have neighbors, and you live in Montana?

forgot about that game. The refs huddled three times and then each time ruled incomplete. The replays all showed it going right thru his hands. Finally they huddled a FOURTH time and ruled it complete. Unbelievable!

Thanks for the memories. I didn't remember how many times they huddled, but what I do remember is Pat Fischer's hands on his helmet in disbelief of the final call after his usual fly-on-feces coverage on the play.

Nothing more than cuts and bruises over the years but after Super Bowl XXII, I got so drunk that I puked behind a police car at the 7-11 on South Kings Hwy and then went to G-Town and got crazy with the tens of thousands on M Street. It was my first alcohol blackout experience.

During this years comeback against Dallas I was eating with the Redskins down 13-0. After the first Santana Moss touchdown I was happy but still unsure, but new that because of our defense if we took the lead we would be victorious. My brother always mocks me about the Cowboys beating the Redskins even when the Cowboys have the suckiest of seasons. So there he is bragging and me eating and there goes Moss for a Touchdown to take the lead. I proudly jump for joy without realizing the fork in my hand. I stabbed deep into my forearm. However i quickly disinfected it and stitched it up and finished watching the best game the NFL had last season.

By the way I also had countless injuries over the Buccaneers game. Even Alstott knows he wasn't in. They later found out who the better team was.

I've gotten some roughed up knuckles from hitting things during a redskins game.

Same here. Sometimes I scream so hard, that feel like I'm going to pass out. It's just a matter of time. I used to have one of those "TV Bricks", (kind of Nerf-football like material), that you could whip at the TV for bad calls. I ripped it to pieces.

Now I have some "Zebra Zappers" Basically, a bunch of soft little footballs that I can wing at the TV when I get pissed.

WHAM!

I find myself about 20 feet from the sidelines on my ***, digital recorder gone from around my neck, camera settings all screwed up, and wondering what in the hell happened. Apparently, the safety chasing Moss ran right through me and forearmed me in the forehead. I've never had my bell rung like that. My biggest concern? That I'd come home to watch the video and find myself getting mocked by the TV broadcasters in slo-mo. Luckily for me, they just barely caught me getting my world rocked and didn't comment :)

So I know what a bigtime NFL hit and a concussion feels like now :) And I'm a little more aware of whats happening around me on the sidelines.

:laugh: :laugh: laughing, only because it's obvious that you are alright, but I'll have to admit, I'd like to see that footage. I got a "little" idea what it's like on the side-lines. A couple years back a friend got me and my kids on the field of a scrimage between the Bucs and Miami in Tampa. After a guy flew past us over-running a pass, I spent the rest of the game on guard for my kids safety. :laugh: :laugh:

Archived