Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How long will Gibbs last?

DoggieStyle

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I dread the day that we say good-byte to Gibbs as Redskins coach and guiding spirit.

He has three years left on his contract. Do you think there's a chance he'll stay on beyond the three years - or, heaven forbid, not stick out the current contract?

One thing we know from bitter experience: after Gibbs, all bets are off. Without him, players will disperse, coaches come and go, disarray ensue.

In Gibbs We Trust!

Guys, lets live for the moment. Quit worying about how long someone will be around. What if he got in his car and was hit by a bus? Let's enjoy the today, and what's going on today. Let's worry about tomorrow, tomorrow.

We are lucky he returned. He will be around as long as he wants to be here. I am sure his successor will be ready when his time comes.

He will fufill his contract. That's all he's ever said on the issue. Gibbs is a man of his word and pending any family or health crisis, I belive he will be here until the end of his deal, then pass the team to Gregg. Probably moves into the front office after that, at least I hope so. He's an elite evaluator of talent, both on and off the field, and an NFL icon.

All you guys are right more or less. I believe if his health alllows (and he does appear to be healthy) he will complete his contract. If he would get an extention afterwards I'm not certain that Gregg Williams will stick around. Nothing against him it's just that I hear plenty of rumblings that he wants to run the show at some point. If the Skins win a fourth Lombardi Coach Gibbs might step down, there's nothing like leaving feeling like you have nothing to prove.

Archived