Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Agent: Moulds wants to play for Eagles

eagles78

I will say that I have the Eagles pegged for a 2nd/3rd place finish this year, depending on how the TO experiment works in Dallas. If TO proves everyone wrong, I think Dallas is stronger and contends with the Skins for the division title, if the whole thing implodes, I think Philly makes a run for the playoffs, but the Redskins are clearly the most complete team in the East and I think you've grasped at some straws to try and diminish that.

Your opinion is your opinion, and mine is mine......while both can obiviously accuse the other of grasping at straws, only time will tell as far as who was right and who was wrong.

Agreed?

1 - In the system the Eagles play, they don't need a star at OLB. If anything, they need one who can tackle and cover TEs, thus Lavar and Peterson went priorities to them. The only true stars the defense has ever had have with the exception of Trotter, have always been in the secondary with Vincent, Taylor, Dawkins, Sheppard, and now Brown. Also, in the Eagles scheme, our No. 3 CB is normally good enough to start on most teams (i.e. Al Harris and now Rod Hood, thus he garnered such a high tender.)

I didn't say star, I said starting-caliber. Your own fellow Eagle fan TerpsEagles said, and I quote, "[Dhani] Jones should be arrested for impersonating a pro football player."

Barber is good, but is he good enough to start?

As far as CB...without a pass-rush your secondary is ordinary, plain and simple. That is a lot of pressure on a player coming back from injury and a guy who is at the tail-end of his career and injury prone.

2 - If Kearse is soooo injury prone, plus provide me with the number of games he has missed as an Eagle....I'm certain that it will be less than 4 games total. The combination of him, along with Howard and Cole who has bulked up to a reported 275 lbs from last years 250lbs will from one of the most feared rushes in the league.

Since when has injuries on your current team been the benchmark for calling somebody injury prone? In the past 4 seasons, Kearse has missed 26.5% of his games. More than a quarter of the time. That seems injury-prone to me...:whoknows:

3 - McNabb wasn't at 100% all season long. Even during training camp he wasn't at full strength. For you to even state that your best OL wasn't around is a travisity! The Eagles were missing their, LT, LG, C, 2 WR, RB, 2 CB, and all pro QB, and the Skins won by double digits. 2 players beat up against 9 from my count who didn't even play! Come on.......

And the Redskins still won by double-digits. Am I missing something here?

4 - You can run though traffic, but if you get hit by a car......you ain't running no more. Moss had a great season, but if teams decided to punch him in his mouth instead of letting him run clean off the line, it would be a different story. Brown for instance in the first game played very well against Moss making him a non-factor for most of the game.

:laugh: Keep on using that as your reasoning why the Skins won't be able to do anything...you'll see. Don't forget, Saunders is a genius at getting mismatches in the secondary.

5 - I can't believe you brought up ARE's passing and Lloyd's circus catches.....tricks are for kids! While El is a good gimic player, he hasn't shown that he can excel as true number 2 option. Lloyd to me is a waste of a good rapper who makes more mistakes than highlights. Why be flashy instead of consistent? I'd rather have a receiver who makes the gritty 3rd and 8 catch for the 1st down then one who makes an amazing 3rd and 8 catch for no gain.

Of course I brought them up. You claimed all 3 receivers were one-trick ponies, but they are not. Why wouldn't you include Randle-El's slashing ability? And I've had this discussion with WB many times...the Steelers have been LAST the past two seasons in passing attempts per game. The Skins will not be last...ARE will catch some more balls in this offense. By simply dismissing him I can tell you are at least a little worried about what he's going to do with those extra touches. ;)

6 - Cooley, while he is a problem to most teams, hasn't done much against the Eagles. Shockey, yes! Whitten, yes! Cooley, no really......he is a talent, but in my eyes, he is more hype. He reminds me of a more athletic Chad Lewis.....only difference, if Lewis caught 1 pass in a game, he made it count....Cooley, 1 catch in a game usually seems like a pity toss to keep his head in the game.

Hmmm...7 receptions for 85 yards in their first meeting. 5 receptions for 75 yards in their second game last season...looks to me he's about 50% when playing the Eagles. Now there are more weapons on the field, which you have to admit will allow him to do more damage.

And a pity toss to keep his head in the game? Are you serious? Where do you come up with this stuff??? :laugh:

Banking your QB depth on a veteran of Pearl Harbor and a QB who has played as much football in the last year as I have is really stretching it thin, don't you think?

I'm not worried about QB depth. If Brunell goes down, it either could be a big deal, or it won't. Campbell has to prove himself at some point. :2cents: Either he is the real deal or he isn't. Collins knows the system very well, and doesn't have to do much if in the game.

Additionally, I am not of the belief that the Eagles will "dominate" the division this year. I think Owens will be great for Dallas THIS season (who knows after that), and Washington and the Giants will be fine. The Eagles will be better than they were last season, but I'm not completely sold on the WR corps, DLine, or LBers to say with the utmost confidence that the Eagles will retake the division. However, I believe it is equally foolish, if not moreso, to dismiss Philadelphia after one "down" season, as the new cellar dwellers in the NFC East. For most of you, it is probably only good natured banter, but if you really believe that, than I caution you about what you may witness once the season begins. You may be slightly disappointed.

:2cents:

You are probably right...its unfair to dismiss them entirely. I just don't think they will contend for the division this year, especially if TO behaves.

I'm not so sure I agree about the secondary however...in the beginning of last season the Skins could not get much of a pass-rush going, but the secondary still held up. We were gouged on rushing defense, but Springs and Taylor had the passing game on lockdown.

I'm not even including Fauria in all of this. While he definitely cannot be considered an offensive threat, he can catch the ball when needed. With Moss, Lloyd/Randle-El and Cooley on the field, who is going to cover Fauria??

And its funny how you guys keep dismissing Randle-El, considering his stats were very similar to Brown's last season.

ARE: 35 catches, 558 yards, 15.9 ypc, 1 TD, 23 first downs.

Brown: 43 catches, 571 yards, 13.3 ypc, 4 TDs, 24 first downs.

Not exactly miles apart. And this was in offenses with HUGE discrepancies in how many pass attempts per game were thrown.

I didn't say star, I said starting-caliber. Your own fellow Eagle fan TerpsEagles said, and I quote, "[Dhani] Jones should be arrested for impersonating a pro football player."

Barber is good, but is he good enough to start?

As far as CB...without a pass-rush your secondary is ordinary, plain and simple. That is a lot of pressure on a player coming back from injury and a guy who is at the tail-end of his career and injury prone.

Who is the Eagles CB who is "injury prone" and at the tail-end of their career? I thought we were talking about the CBs as far as needing to add 1?

Since when has injuries on your current team been the benchmark for calling somebody injury prone? In the past 4 seasons, Kearse has missed 26.5% of his games. More than a quarter of the time. That seems injury-prone to me...:whoknows:

Since when has getting injured on a past team and not getting injured on your current made a difference? I mean he may have had troubles with the Titans, but with the Eagles he has been fine.....thus, what does yesterdays sour milk have to do with today's ceral?

And the Redskins still won by double-digits. Am I missing something here?

Yes, you are. The Eagles were missing damn near half of their team yet you seemed to forget to mention that in your statement while stating that your best OLmen was absent. I find it funny because its almost a "so the f**k what?" We had nobodies playing against a playoff team and were competetive till the end. You won basically as WB has stated numerous times, against our JV team. Not hating, just stating!

:laugh: Keep on using that as your reasoning why the Skins won't be able to do anything...you'll see. Don't forget, Saunders is a genius at getting mismatches in the secondary.

Of course I brought them up. You claimed all 3 receivers were one-trick ponies, but they are not. Why wouldn't you include Randle-El's slashing ability? And I've had this discussion with WB many times...the Steelers have been LAST the past two seasons in passing attempts per game. The Skins will not be last...ARE will catch some more balls in this offense. By simply dismissing him I can tell you are at least a little worried about what he's going to do with those extra touches. ;)

And Johnson is a genius of mismatches in his own right. It will be a chess match indeed, but again, if the Eagles play physical against those 3 WRs, then I see them getting thrown off their pattern and the timing messed up.

Hmmm...7 receptions for 85 yards in their first meeting. 5 receptions for 75 yards in their second game last season...looks to me he's about 50% when playing the Eagles. Now there are more weapons on the field, which you have to admit will allow him to do more damage.

Red zone catches?

TD catches?

If a TE can't be a force in the red zone.......well, you know the rest.....While I admit, I have misjudged his production against the Eagles, if he didn't score, then all he did boost his fantasy stats......correct? I mean, the point is scoring right? I could be wrong.......

Who is the Eagles CB who is "injury prone" and at the tail-end of their career? I thought we were talking about the CBs as far as needing to add 1?

I was referring to Kearse and Howard providing pass-rush.

Since when has getting injured on a past team and not getting injured on your current made a difference? I mean he may have had troubles with the Titans, but with the Eagles he has been fine.....thus, what does yesterdays sour milk have to do with today's ceral?

He may play all 16 games, he may get injured in training camp. Nobody knows. The past is all you have to go by. :whoknows:

Yes, you are. The Eagles were missing damn near half of their team yet you seemed to forget to mention that in your statement while stating that your best OLmen was absent. I find it funny because its almost a "so the f**k what?" We had nobodies playing against a playoff team and were competetive till the end. You won basically as WB has stated numerous times, against our JV team. Not hating, just stating!

Our best run-blocking lineman was missing, yet Portis still got 112 yards (4.1 ypc, impressive considering the Eagles gave up 3.7 for the entire season) and 2 TDs. Portis was banged up and still managed to do this.

And the Skins still won by double-digits. Again, am I missing something here?

And Johnson is a genius of mismatches in his own right. It will be a chess match indeed, but again, if the Eagles play physical against those 3 WRs, then I see them getting thrown off their pattern and the timing messed up.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this, because you choose to rely on speculation and assumptions, whereas I'm relying on what happened last season. So, we'll just have to see.

Red zone catches?

TD catches?

If a TE can't be a force in the red zone.......well, you know the rest.....While I admit, I have misjudged his production against the Eagles, if he didn't score, then all he did boost his fantasy stats......correct? I mean, the point is scoring right? I could be wrong.......

The point is scoring?? :laugh: So if a TE gets 100 yards against a team but does not score, he was useless?? Come on, man, I expect better from you.

In 2005, Cooley had 9 receptions against the Eagles for 93 yards and 5 first downs. That is 5 drives that he extended against the Iggles...that is a positive impact in my opinion. And the fact that he didn't score only shows the Eagles were focusing on him in the redzone...opening it up for Sellers and Portis to score on you guys (which they did....5 times).

FYI...............BREAKING NEWS!

Moulds and his agent will be on WIP Sports Radio this evening. Moulds is supposedly to be released shortly from the Bills. NE has dropped out of the running thus leaving it between the Eagles and the Texans for his services. It is rumored that he might lower his contract demands to play for the Eagles as well......

I'll keep you guys posted.

jrock, I do love you man. The passion you have for the Skins reminds me of myself with the Eagles. But for the love of god, stop trying to brag about that last game in Philly. Did you think at any time, before the fumble to ice the game returned by ST, that the Skins had control of that game?

Be serious.

Our best run-blocking lineman was missing, yet Portis still got 112 yards (4.1 ypc, impressive considering the Eagles gave up 3.7 for the entire season) and 2 TDs. Portis was banged up and still managed to do this.

Let me try and put it this way so maybe you can understand what I'm trying to say to you. The Eagles had their JV team playing that game. The Redskins were missing their best run blocking lineman, yet you are making a point of stating that even with the Skins best OL you won by double digits. And? The Eagles had a nice amount of stiffs...that's like beating a handicap baseball team and saying, we would have won by more if we had our 3rd baseman.... :laugh:

Let's look at it this way too, the Eagles JV scored 14 points on your team...with McMahon at the helm.....MIKE MCMAHON!

I guess we'll just have to wait and see on this, because you choose to rely on speculation and assumptions, whereas I'm relying on what happened last season. So, we'll just have to see.

So if I started relying on what the Eagles did in 2003 with a healthy McNabb, which he wasn't last year, would that be fair?

The point is scoring?? :laugh: So if a TE gets 100 yards against a team but does not score, he was useless?? Come on, man, I expect better from you.

In 2005, Cooley had 9 receptions against the Eagles for 93 yards and 5 first downs. That is 5 drives that he extended against the Iggles...that is a positive impact in my opinion. And the fact that he didn't score only shows the Eagles were focusing on him in the redzone...opening it up for Sellers and Portis to score on you guys (which they did....5 times).

Got me there...this might be the best point you've brought up. I'll admit you there. :applause:

I want to give a big shout out to my boy WB! You inspired me to have this talk with jrock....I know how you feel now! Jrock is a good dude, very passionate about his team, but when he gets one thing stuck on his mind...that stays stuck! Kudos! :cheers:

Thanks for the shoutout N5.

BTW, the agent going on WIP isn't a good sign. It seems like if the Eagles were interested, the agent wouldn't have to be drumming up public support by going on the radio. Maybe it's just me.

But a WR corps of Moulds, Brown, Gaffney, and Pinky/Lewis/McMullen would be right up there with the best in the NFC East....at least for 2006.

Let me try and put it this way so maybe you can understand what I'm trying to say to you. The Eagles had their JV team playing that game. The Redskins were missing their best run blocking lineman, yet you are making a point of stating that even with the Skins best OL you won by double digits. And? The Eagles had a nice amount of stiffs...that's like beating a handicap baseball team and saying, we would have won by more if we had our 3rd baseman....:laugh:

Let's look at it this way too, the Eagles JV scored 14 points on your team...with McMahon at the helm.....MIKE MCMAHON!

jrock, I do love you man. The passion you have for the Skins reminds me of myself with the Eagles. But for the love of god, stop trying to brag about that last game in Philly. Did you think at any time, before the fumble to ice the game returned by ST, that the Skins had control of that game?

Be serious.

I'm not bragging about the win. You guys continue to try and make the claim that your "JV team" was on the field, even though you repeatedly try to assert that the Eagles are so good in the draft, yada yada yada. So if you guys are right about both things, the Eagles JV team should be pretty good, right? Comparing your second-stringers to a retarded baseball team doesn't say much for the Eagle's drafting ability...I might re-evaluate your position on that one, N5.

And I'm still not sure why its not fair to say the Skins' best run blocking lineman was out. A 80 year-old Ray Brown was able to lead a banged-up Portis to 112 yards and 2 scores. That is impressive, in my opinion. I mean...does playing against a 2nd and 3rd string team make Portis any less injured? :whoknows:

The Eagles offense did score 14 points on the Skins. That was pretty sad, I'll admit. But the Skins answered, and then scored on defense. They won by double-digits. I'm not trying to brag, but what else would you expect against a "JV squad?"

Thanks for the shoutout N5.

BTW, the agent going on WIP isn't a good sign. It seems like if the Eagles were interested, the agent wouldn't have to be drumming up public support by going on the radio. Maybe it's just me.

But a WR corps of Moulds, Brown, Gaffney, and Pinky/Lewis/McMullen would be right up there with the best in the NFC East....at least for 2006.

Well, its Glen Mc...the only reliable WIP guy. Moulds has been drumming up support all day....but I think that this might be a good move because the public has had the FO's head on a platter the last few weeks and now to have a true No 1 saying and doing this, and he isn't a TO type guy might force Big Red's hand! I hope it works.....that WR line-up would be nice.....oh, and McMullen is as done as Villanova.......

N5, have you learned anything about how the FO works? They NEVER bow to public pressure. If that was the case, your starting QB would be some guy off the street and we'd have cut Ricky Williams last year after his drug binge.

If they want Moulds, they'll add him. If they don't, no amount of radio talk or public pressure will change their minds.

Comparing your second-stringers to a retarded baseball team doesn't say much for the Eagle's drafting ability...I might re-evaluate your position on that one, N5.

Not really because if you look at the QB's who played that game for the Eagles I was dead on. The starting tailback only started because his momma was in the stands and the best OL tried to get thrown out of the game by Kung Fu Fu'ing big Dan across the neck.

N5, have you learned anything about how the FO works? They NEVER bow to public pressure. If that was the case, your starting QB would be some guy off the street and we'd have cut Ricky Williams last year after his drug binge.

If they want Moulds, they'll add him. If they don't, no amount of radio talk or public pressure will change their minds.

Very true.....but what makes me very curious about this is the fact it is Mac's show, not Eskin....also the fact that both player and agent are supposed to on the air....and finally, because of the Javon Walker rumors and the fact that the FO called the station, it is known that they do listen to the radio for things like this.

While I don't believe this will force them to take action, I do think that they will end up signing Moulds because it is known that they already do have interest in him, for the right price that is.....

I'd expect a playoff caliber team to not have to wait till 5 mins left in the 4th quarter to secure a win against a JV team. I'd expect a halftime lead. I'd expect a Mike McMahon offense to be shut out. That's just me.

It was in Philly, first of all; the Skins have always had trouble going in to Philly. Second of all, Philly is a prideful team...they've had a lot of success the past few seasons, and 7-9 is a lot more respectable than 6-10. As a fan of a team who's had lots of losing seasons in the recent past, trust me, I know.

And I said all along that the season-ending game in Philly was the one that worried me the most.

Moulds and Gaffney would make an excellent receiving corps in Philly. Mould would be an excellent fit in Philly. If Moulds were to go there, who would be the number 3? Pinkston or Brown or Lewis?

Cool sig! The color presentation is emaculate! :cheers:

Anyways, the line-up would be....

1 - Moulds

2 - Brown

3 - Gaffney

4 - Pinkston (if fully recovered) or McCants

I'm pretty sure the team had its fill of Greg Lewis from last years showing!

Moulds and Gaffney would make an excellent receiving corps in Philly. Mould would be an excellent fit in Philly. If Moulds were to go there, who would be the number 3? Pinkston or Brown or Lewis?

Brown would be 2, Gaffney would be three. Gaffney is more suited for a slot role anyway.

The FO bowed during "Hoagie-Gate". Without public pressure, you'd still be unable to take a sandwich into the game.

Per EMB.....

Expect Mould decision by the weekend.....per interview on WIP....if not this weekend then wait another 2 weeks......

Between Eagles (Contender) and Houston (his mom's lives close!)

Spoke with McNabb already about playing here....they are good friends

Agent spoke with Joe Banner 3 times today

Really wants to win......and play with McNabb.....

Will rework deal so its fair for both sides.....

Seems to me that we will have a new WR in the next few days!

Not really quite that simple Westbrook...as was evidenced by the Bentley situation. Though Moulds does want to go to Philly, the situation is somewhat out of his hands. I've heard the Texans are thinking of offering a third and that there is a trade being proposed (per ESPN Radio, so take it for what it's worth) that G.B. is offering Javon Walker and their 5th round pick to the Bills, for Moulds, and the Bills 3rd round pick (77), and their 4th round pick in 2007. If that was to happen, both the Eagles receivers would be out of Philly's grasp.

Archived