Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kick returner.

jnhay

I just saw the poll on redskins.com and was wondering, why wouldn't Ladell keep his job at kick returner and Randle El just do punt returns? Betts is just as experienced as RE, and he's not a bad returner. Hopefully this doesn't get me banned from posting threads, as I know RE is a much talked about topic.(I couldn't find this mention though)

Betts is only going to come in to give ARE a breather.

He's a north-south runner, which isn't the best type of guy to return a kick

I disagree, what about Brian Mitchell? He was definitely a north-south runner and he is considered one of the all-time greats.

ARE said in his press conference that he's not a big fan of returning kickoffs. I feel like Betts will probably still be the kick returner next season & ARE will return punts. Coaches like that Betts gains positive yards (goes straight up field) & we had one of the best avg. yards per kick return last season.

ARE said in his press conference that he's not a big fan of returning kickoffs. I feel like Betts will probably still be the kick returner next season & ARE will return punts. Coaches like that Betts gains positive yards (goes straight up field) & we had one of the best avg. yards per kick return last season.

Nice, I didn't bother to watch the whole press conference, so that's pretty interesting.

I just saw the poll on redskins.com and was wondering, why wouldn't Ladell keep his job at kick returner and Randle El just do punt returns? Betts is just as experienced as RE, and he's not a bad returner. Hopefully this doesn't get me banned from posting threads, as I know RE is a much talked about topic.(I couldn't find this mention though)

Don't forget, Betts is CPs backup. We don't have a lot of quality RBs on the Team. I'm cool with Betts as our RB and keeping him fresh and healthy when CP needs a break. Rock can be a spot player, but he is NOT CPs backup :2cents:

Don't forget, Betts is CPs backup. We don't have a lot of quality RBs on the Team. I'm cool with Betts as our RB and keeping him fresh and healthy when CP needs a break. Rock can be a spot player, but he is NOT CPs backup :2cents:

I get what you're saying, but I don't agree. When the guy plays a position like backup RB, he needs to be able to take some physical punishment. Plus, it's not like returning punts, which can be really dangerous. A kick returner just needs to take a tackle, they're not in any more danger than a regular runner.

We have two guys back there on kick offs. Those two will be Betts and ARE, but Betts will be the primary guy. I think he did a great job last year. Besides, this will leave El frsher for PR and WR duties.

Is El considered to be a good blocker? If he isn't, I wouldn't want him back there unless it was going to be a trick play.

Antwaan should get the Kick Returner spot. He's more shifty and quick than Ladell, with more breakaway speed. Ladell is more powerful, but Randle El's attributes seem more attributed to the position.

I don't know, mainly since I've really only seen ARE return punts, but I think I would take a guarenteed 25 yards over a 10-50 range of returns. But, as I've said, I've never seen El return kicks so I really don't know.

Wait until you guys see Jesse Lumsden. He has size and speed. He will get a chance to return kicks as well. He also has very good hans and could be a good option as a 3rd down back.

I like what I've heard about this kid but I can't see him making the team. RB is way too crowded of a position for us.

I disagree, what about Brian Mitchell? He was definitely a north-south runner and he is considered one of the all-time greats.

He was still a little bit quicker on his feet than Ladell Betts is on returns and had MUCH, MUCH better vision when it came to recognizing his blocks and spotting holes. Betts always tends to just run into a wall and stop dead after he gets about 15-25 yards every time.

Archived