Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas' offensive line looks unimpressive...

tr1

For one season...

McNabb, Bledsoe, Eli, Brunnell.

Factor in how many screens Brunnell threw and had Moss do all of the work for those two points. Its not all about the numbers, sometimes people get wrapped up in the numbers. Bledsoe is just a better QB. Better passer, the best in the division without a doubt.

I will grant you Brunnell's mobility and that 3rd and a mile killed me!

So when you factor in that he is the best pure passer in the division, how does he suck?

Say it with me now.

B-R-U-N-E-L-L.

Learn how to spell the man's name. It lends just a bit of credibility to your argument.

:logo:

to me, Bledsoe has always looked like he's had plenty of time to throw, except in the 2nd game when he played us. So really I don't see their signings changing anything. I just feel that sometimes he doesn't have that pocket presence so that's why he get's sacked alot.

Torin Yucker/Rob Pettieee? were girls tackles last year for 10 games and possibly the worst starting tackles in NFL history. To be honest, Flo/Fabini are huge improvement over those two green rookies.

In their six games with Flo, Bledsore was sacked 2 times per game. In their ten games without Flo, it was 4 sacks per game.

I mean, we could not sniff Bledsore in the first game while sacked him seven times the second time around. Philip Daniles got half (4) of his total sacks (9) in his two seasons with us against T. Tucker.

Sadly, girls seem to realize this problem and several injuries have to happen before we see Torin Tucker again.

No I don't. There was no need to challenge the statement accounting for 25 TD's.

Well, you should. Your entire (tainted) first post was talking about Bledsoe being a better quarterback as a passer. You mention quarterback ratings and completion percentages, which, to my knowledge, have nothing to do with QB sneaks. Running a touchdown from six yards out versus the 2005 49er's? Wow. Why don't you give him a Canton bust for waking up in the morning?

As it has been said before: Mark makes MUCH better decisions. Just because Drew throws stupid passes that sometimes make their mark, but are MUCH more often interecepted, does NOT mean that he's any better.

But as a rushing quarterback, tell me what's more important: Converting third and a mile, fourth and a mile, etc. against YOUR team, and then subsequently WINNING the game because of said runs, or a six-yard touchdown scamper versus a high school team?

Drew in his prime was amazing, yes. But is Mark better now? No doubt. I'd take Mark over Drew in a heartbeat.

HOF QB? Ok, now you're just being silly.

All Time leaders in passing yardage. Not out of the relm of possibilities?

RK PLAYER AMT

1 Dan Marino 61,361

2 Brett Favre 53,471

3 John Elway 51,475

4 Warren Moon 49,325

5 Fran Tarkenton 47,003

6 Vinny Testaverde 45,242

7 Drew Bledsoe 43,557

8 Dan Fouts 43,040

9 Joe Montana 40,551

10 Johnny Unitas 40,239

11 Dave Krieg 38,147

12 Boomer Esiason 37,920

13 Jim Kelly 35,467

14 Jim Everett 34,837

15 Jim Hart 34,665

16 Steve DeBerg 34,241

17 Kerry Collins 33,637

18 John Hadl 33,503

19 Phil Simms 33,462

20 Peyton Manning 33,189

All Time leaders in passing yardage. Not out of the relm of possibilities?

RK PLAYER AMT

1 Dan Marino 61,361

2 Brett Favre 53,471

3 John Elway 51,475

4 Warren Moon 49,325

5 Fran Tarkenton 47,003

6 Vinny Testaverde 45,242

7 Drew Bledsoe 43,557

8 Dan Fouts 43,040

9 Joe Montana 40,551

10 Johnny Unitas 40,239

11 Dave Krieg 38,147

12 Boomer Esiason 37,920

13 Jim Kelly 35,467

14 Jim Everett 34,837

15 Jim Hart 34,665

16 Steve DeBerg 34,241

17 Kerry Collins 33,637

18 John Hadl 33,503

19 Phil Simms 33,462

20 Peyton Manning 33,189

Yeah, I'll be sure to take a picture beside Kerry's bust, too. Just because you have a lot of yards doesn't mean that you're a Hall of Famer. (And no, ten spots doesn't make a difference as there are more than the seventeen quarterbacks on that list in the hall). By your logic, Steve Young isn't good enough to be in the Hall. Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Well, you should. Your entire (tainted) first post was talking about Bledsoe being a better quarterback as a passer. You mention quarterback ratings and completion percentages, which, to my knowledge, have nothing to do with QB sneaks. Running a touchdown from six yards out versus the 2005 49er's? Wow. Why don't you give him a Canton bust for waking up in the morning?

As it has been said before: Mark makes MUCH better decisions. Just because Drew throws stupid passes that sometimes make their mark, but are MUCH more often interecepted, does NOT mean that he's any better.

But as a rushing quarterback, tell me what's more important: Converting third and a mile, fourth and a mile, etc. against YOUR team, and then subsequently WINNING the game because of said runs, or a six-yard touchdown scamper versus a high school team?

Drew in his prime was amazing, yes. But is Mark better now? No doubt. I'd take Mark over Drew in a heartbeat.

When did I say any of this LOL! I think you need to read the entire thread :laugh: I never said Bledsoe was better than anyone or that he was Michael Vick? Just supporting that he accounted for 25 TD's. IMO he's the best pure drop back passer in the NFCE for whatever that's worth. Chill out! If you think Mark is better fine. That's certainly arguable. Think before you post. :doh:

Yeah, I'll be sure to take a picture beside Kerry's bust, too. Just because you have a lot of yards doesn't mean that you're a Hall of Famer. (And no, ten spots doesn't make a difference as there are more than the seventeen quarterbacks on that list in the hall). By your logic, Steve Young isn't good enough to be in the Hall. Riiiiiiiiight. :rolleyes:

Man what are you smoking. Why do you put words in my mouth? When did I say yards was the only criteria or anything about Steve Young. I posted those stats because many would be surprised at where Bledsoe is on the all-time list. I know I was. I fully recognize Drew's weaknesses and if you chose to ignore his strengths that's your own ignorance. Another good season or two and were talkin top 5 maybe top 4 all time. To me that's pretty impressive. When you look at his entire career, the HOF is not out of the relm of possibilities.

Man what are you smoking. Why do you put words in my mouth? When did I say yards was the only criteria or anything about Steve Young. I posted those stats because many would be surprised at where Bledsoe is on the all-time list. I know I was. I fully recognize Drew's weaknesses and if you chose to ignore his strengths that's your own ignorance. Another good season or two and were talkin top 5 maybe top 4 all time. To me that's pretty impressive. When you look at his entire career, the HOF is not out of the relm of possibilities.

Did you go to law school or something? All you're doing is presenting skewed evidence. If you just present his place on the all-time list by itself, then what, exactly, are you implying? You recognize Drew's weaknesses? So where have you EVER said what they are? Come on, don't kid yourself.

Another good season or two? Come on, man. That's the same logic as "If only we scored more points, then we would have won the game."

Nobody who knows anything about football would doubt that Drew was (Yes, WAS) a great quarterback, but Hall of Fame? Please. I really doubt that if he weren't wearing a star that you would say that. And yes, if he had stayed with the Pats, then I STILL wouldn't say he's Hall-worthy. Even though Mark is better now, I still wouldn't put him in the Hall. Stop being such a homer.

How'd we get started on qb's? The thread is about OL...the Cowboy's OL...and it looks flimsy. Now, I can see why some 'girl fans might want to talk about Bledsoe simply because he many not end up in one piece by the end of the season.

Football teams are boiled down to the lines. That the Cowboy's have a patch-work means they'll have problems coming together at least for a few weeks at the beginning of the season.

I'd hate to have Brunell play behind that line.

Torin Yucker/Rob Pettieee? were girls tackles last year for 10 games and possibly the worst starting tackles in NFL history.

I agree that Torin Tucker is pretty bad but you are mistaken about Pettiti. Cowboy fans are quick to scapegoat him for all their offensive woes. People need to remember that he was a sixth round pick forced to start all sixteen games his rookie year. He didn't have any time to develop before being put out on an island against some of the leagues' premeire pass rushers like Michael Strahan and Jevon Kearse. Pettiti will be a dominant tackle in a couple years. If Dallas hadn't picked him with their sixth round pick, Buges would have taken him with the skins sixth round pick last year. I would have loved to see him develop behind Samuels and Jansen.

Did you go to law school or something? All you're doing is presenting skewed evidence. If you just present his place on the all-time list by itself, then what, exactly, are you implying? You recognize Drew's weaknesses? So where have you EVER said what they are? Come on, don't kid yourself.

Another good season or two? Come on, man. That's the same logic as "If only we scored more points, then we would have won the game."

Nobody who knows anything about football would doubt that Drew was (Yes, WAS) a great quarterback, but Hall of Fame? Please. I really doubt that if he weren't wearing a star that you would say that. And yes, if he had stayed with the Pats, then I STILL wouldn't say he's Hall-worthy. Even though Mark is better now, I still wouldn't put him in the Hall. Stop being such a homer.

You have to be kidding me. Drew is the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys. Barring injury, he WILL play. Is is so hard to fathom that with two 3,500 yard seasons he will be top 4? Why are you being so resistant to a simple statement. Drew's #'s speak for itself. Warren Moon entered the HOF without sniffing a SB and Drew has already led a team to one. This has nothing to do with homerism. Just looking at the #'s.

Ken,

Brunell is one of the most accurate passers there is when it comes to short and intermediate passes. I will admit his long ball isn't as accurate as I would like, but we do have the receivers now to make up for the underthrown ball.

Bledsoe is dangerous when given time, more dangerous than Brunell is. But, when he has pressure in his face, Bledsoe tends to take the sack or throw a pick rather than throw the ball away or create a play with his legs like Brunell.

Does this mean you didn't like the two LONG balls Brunell threw to Santana in stride to score TDs in the first game against Dallas to win the game? :doh: :laugh: :laugh:

Ya beat me to the punch about Young. I think he sat 3-4 years behind Montana.

Well, being a better passer doesn't mean he makes better decisions.

I've seen McNabb skip enough balls to know he is not a better passer than Bledsoe.

He is a better overall qb though.

Hey you make a point there. Bledsoe is generally a better passer. Came from the generation of tight, accurate pocket passing, before scrambling QB's came to pass. But if your targets arent open or you dont have time to check down, how much good will a good passing QB do? He will end up making hasty passes for picks. (See last season and Bledsoe) But dont get me wrong, T.O. makes any qb throwing the ball look better, and will make Bledsoe look better, but if the pressure starts coming, he will fling balls out there to avoid being sacked, he has taken too many in his career and I think he's a little scared to be popped a few good times. Either Brunell, or Bledsoe huh??? Its like a choice between drinking motor oil or paint thinner.

One more question. Who was the Dallas QB that played baseball as well??? Parcells wrote him off with Romo sits to pee like red-headed step children.... The reason Im asking is because I actually liked him as a back up when you guys first signed him. Drafted him i think. I know i know, shows how much I know about QB's, but what was his name???

Does this mean you didn't like the two LONG balls Brunell threw to Santana in stride to score TDs in the first game against Dallas to win the game? :doh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, I enjoyed both deep balls a lot. But he overthrew and underthrew receivers many times though. Two good deep balls doesn't automatically make him an accurate deep ball passer.

For one season...

McNabb, Bledsoe, Eli, Brunnell.

Factor in how many screens Brunnell threw and had Moss do all of the work for those two points. Its not all about the numbers, sometimes people get wrapped up in the numbers. Bledsoe is just a better QB. Better passer, the best in the division without a doubt.

I will grant you Brunnell's mobility and that 3rd and a mile killed me!

So when you factor in that he is the best pure passer in the division, how does he suck?

Look back at that seattle game you guys lost! Look at it this way, that single throw cost you guys a playoff spot. Brunell never did that to us. Yes he had his fumbles...but which QB led their team to the playoffs??? Exactly!!!

Brunell is not the greatest QB, but I would take him over Bledsoe anyday.

Look back at that seattle game you guys lost! Look at it this way, that single throw cost you guys a playoff spot. Brunell never did that to us. Yes he had his fumbles...but which QB led their team to the playoffs??? Exactly!!!

Brunell is not the greatest QB, but I would take him over Bledsoe anyday.

Come on. In all honesty, you would also take Collins over Bledsoe too. ;)

And Brunnell is unreal, right?

Brunnell had a higher Qb rating than Bledsoe by 2 whole points. Are you kiddding me?

Bunnell threw 6000 screen passes and still only had a 57 completion percentage. Meanwhile, Bledsoe had a seive for a line at the T position and managed over 60.

Bledsoe accounted for 25 Tds last year.

While not the centerpiece of our team, he is the 2nd best qb in the division.

http://redskinsvan.com/highlights/Album15.htm

look at all of those screens:rolleyes:

the bottom line is that in the key game last December, Drew Bledsoe was turned into tenderizer by the Redskins defense, while Brunell threw 4 touchdowns against the Dallas defense :)

there is no way to spin that.

yes, Bledsoe still has a strong arm and if given time can still be effective. the problem for him and Cowboys is that while they are signing all these 30 year old players like Owens and Glenn on the outside they haven't done much to upgrade the offensive line.

Jason Fabini at 32 and Marco Rivera at 33 are over the hill. Allen is gone. The inside players are average.

They don't match up with the Redskins front seven.

And that's the bottom line.

Archived