Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas' offensive line looks unimpressive...

tr1

From the Boston Globe:

Bledsoe may be happy about T.O., but he ought to take a look at his offensive line now that 10-time All-Pro Larry Allen has been released.

At the moment, he has left tackle Flozell Adams rehabbing from a knee injury that forced him to miss 10 games, left guard Kyle Kosier playing with his third team in three seasons, Andre Gurode and Al Johnson fighting over the center position, a 33-year-old right guard with a bad back in Marco Rivera, and a new right tackle in Jason Fabini, who missed the last seven games of 2005 with a chest injury .

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/03/26/planning_goes_only_so_far?mode=PF

I honestly don't know how sports publications can shine on Bledsoe so much. He didn't do anything last year to impress me. In fact his most impressive game may have been the opener in San Diego where he threw against a good defense and won.

In two games against the Redskins, he didn't do squat as Gregg Williams had him pretty well figured out. I just don't know if you can win in the NFL with a quarterback that doesn't have any mobility anymore.

Compared to Bledsoe, Ben Roethlisberger and Patrick Ramsey look like ballerinas out there.

I honestly don't know how sports publications can shine on Bledsoe so much. He didn't do anything last year to impress me. In fact his most impressive game may have been the opener in San Diego where he threw against a good defense and won.

In two games against the Redskins, he didn't do squat as Gregg Williams had him pretty well figured out. I just don't know if you can win in the NFL with a quarterback that doesn't have any mobility anymore.

Compared to Bledsoe, Ben Roethlisberger and Patrick Ramsey look like ballerinas out there.

And Brunnell is unreal, right?

Brunnell had a higher Qb rating than Bledsoe by 2 whole points. Are you kiddding me?

Bunnell threw 6000 screen passes and still only had a 57 completion percentage. Meanwhile, Bledsoe had a seive for a line at the T position and managed over 60.

Bledsoe accounted for 25 Tds last year.

While not the centerpiece of our team, he is the 2nd best qb in the division.

Brunnell had a higher Qb rating than Bledsoe by 2 whole points. Are you kiddding me?

Bunnell threw 6000 screen passes and still only had a 57 completion percentage. Meanwhile, Bledsoe had a seive for a line at the T position and managed over 60.

OK, first of all, the article was about the Cowboys, not Bledsoe vs. Brunell.

Now, who had the higher rating? And yet you're ranking Bledsoe ahead of him? Hmmm, that's interesting. Listen, I'm not dumb enough to suggest that Brunell is an amazing QB anymore, or even very good. He is average, and our hope this year is that he does enough to win. We have certainly put the tools around him for that. You Cowboy's fan act like Bledsoe is Brett Favre or something. The guy sucks. Get over it. I think Brunell is average, but I would rather have him than Bledsoe any day. Why, you ask? Scrambling ability. 3rd and a mile last year, remember? Think Bledsoe could have done that?

2nd best in the division? Come on. He is 4 out of 4. In terms of who I would rather have, in order, it would be McNabb, Eli, Brunell and Bledsoe.

OK, first of all, the article was about the Cowboys, not Bledsoe vs. Brunell.

Now, who had the higher rating? And yet you're ranking Bledsoe ahead of him? Hmmm, that's interesting. Listen, I'm not dumb enough to suggest that Brunell is an amazing QB anymore, or even very good. He is average, and our hope this year is that he does enough to win. We have certainly put the tools around him for that. You Cowboy's fan act like Bledsoe is Brett Favre or something. The guy sucks. Get over it. I think Brunell is average, but I would rather have him than Bledsoe any day. Why, you ask? Scrambling ability. 3rd and a mile last year, remember? Think Bledsoe could have done that?

2nd best in the division? Come on. He is 4 out of 4. In terms of who I would rather have, in order, it would be McNabb, Eli, Brunell and Bledsoe.

For one season...

McNabb, Bledsoe, Eli, Brunnell.

Factor in how many screens Brunnell threw and had Moss do all of the work for those two points. Its not all about the numbers, sometimes people get wrapped up in the numbers. Bledsoe is just a better QB. Better passer, the best in the division without a doubt.

I will grant you Brunnell's mobility and that 3rd and a mile killed me!

So when you factor in that he is the best pure passer in the division, how does he suck?

Didn't McNabb have like a 30-10 TD-INT mark the one year he had a decent WR(TO?)in 2004?

When it comes to the NFC East, it's a (healthy)McNabb and then it's everyone else.

As far as Bledsoe goes, he is decent. Brunell is also decent. Both guys can win you games, but need the talent around them.

It's funny though that Ken doesn't address the OL at all in his posts, all he does is defend Bledsoe. Your OL is junk. :)

Ken also fails to mention that the only WR we had worth spit was Santana Moss and yet Brunell had a better passer rating while Bledsoe had more options available to him.

tr1 also posted an article, (don't know if it's the same one) that mentioned that WR wasn't the Cowboys problem but QB.

Bledsoe is a statue and will lose more games for you than win.

I can't wait to see the TO melt down next year.

Didn't McNabb have like a 30-10 TD-INT mark the one year he had a decent WR(TO?)in 2004?

When it comes to the NFC East, it's a (healthy)McNabb and then it's everyone else.

As far as Bledsoe goes, he is decent. Brunell is also decent. Both guys can win you games, but need the talent around them.

It's funny though that Ken doesn't address the OL at all in his posts, all he does is defend Bledsoe. Your OL is junk. :)

Ummm, i believe everyone listed McNabb 1, your point?

Sorry, I posted this about our offensive line in another thread a little while ago...

Our line will be significantly improved just with the tackle play alone. The middle of our line was not the problem, it was the Ts getting beat like drums. Allen is still good, but he couldn't move. That hamstrung our offense in some ways. We will be able to run a screen now. Also, factor in that everyone blitz our team because we only had one deep threat. That is not going to happen anymore with TO standing on one side. Make our line protection that much better.

Ken,

Neither Bledsoe or Brunell are very good QBs anymore. Bledsoe throws a better ball, but Brunell is more mobile. I wouldn't be to excited about having either as my team's QB, but the thing that would tip the scale in the favor of Brunell for me is Drew's uncanny ability to throw boneheaded pics at the worst times possible.

Ken...

You said Bledsoe was a better passer than McNabb, but McNabb's career QB rating is a lot higher than Bledsoe's.

Well, being a better passer doesn't mean he makes better decisions.

I've seen McNabb skip enough balls to know he is not a better passer than Bledsoe.

He is a better overall qb though.

WOW !! How good are the skins !!!! If Brunell sucks so bad....and we went to the second game in the playoff's....I hope he sucks this year to!!! Maybe we will suck all the way to the NFC champ game ???

Folks don't forget GIBBS in all this !!

He knows how to win with servicable QB's

JG could win with Bledsoe,Harrington,Ramsey,Green.Warner,...Point is......Ya don't gotta be Montana to win with GIBBS !

Ken,

you must account that amount of times that Brunell stood in the pocket, didn't see anything and threw the ball away. That counts towards your completion percentage you know. Brunell had TWO targets, Moss and Cooley. During the first two games of the season and towards the end counting the playoff games Brunell didn't look good because the defenses keyed in on those two guys and the other options couldn't get open. When healthy, Brunell is one of the most accurate passers there is when it comes to short and intermediate passes. I will admit his long ball isn't as accurate as I would like, but we do have the receivers now to make up for the underthrown ball.

Bledsoe is dangerous when given time, more dangerous than Brunell is. But, when he has pressure in his face, Bledsoe tends to take the sack or throw a pick rather than throw the ball away or create a play with his legs like Brunell.

Ken,

you must account that amount of times that Brunell stood in the pocket, didn't see anything and threw the ball away. That counts towards your completion percentage you know. Brunell had TWO targets, Moss and Cooley. During the first two games of the season and towards the end counting the playoff games Brunell didn't look good because the defenses keyed in on those two guys and the other options couldn't get open. When healthy, Brunell is one of the most accurate passers there is when it comes to short and intermediate passes. I will admit his long ball isn't as accurate as I would like, but we do have the receivers now to make up for the underthrown ball.

Bledsoe is dangerous when given time, more dangerous than Brunell is. But, when he has pressure in his face, Bledsoe tends to take the sack or throw a pick rather than throw the ball away or create a play with his legs like Brunell.

And you have account for the balls dropped by everyone not named Moss, Cooley or Portis. Many of those dropped balls were not Brunell's fault. I can think of a number of that hit the receiver in the hands and were dropped. Balls that would have gone for first downs. If I remember correctly there was one game where he had 12 balls dropped or something stupid like that. Brunell may have had a better line to work behind but Bledsoe had more reliable guys catching for him. Brunell's rating would have gone up a good bit if the drops had just been cut in half.

I just love it when opposing teams' fans come on here and spout statistics, yet fail to look at the whole picture. Beyond exaggerating how many screen passes Brunell throws, you *coughintentionallycough* forget to stat that Bledsoe has thrown more interceptions yet somehow manage to remember he's thrown more touchdowns. 7 more interceptions are more indicative of who had a better season then a mere ...or what? what's this? Bledsoe didn't throw 25 touchdowns, he only threw 23! Liar! :laugh: :laugh: I dub you, Homer of the day! :dallasuck Before you even get a chance to type it, I know those other 2 TDs came from rushing. But does that really matter? They were on QB sneaks on the goalline, it doesn't show him to be anymore mobile than the statue of liberty.

Who were the top five passers in the NFC last season? Let me give you a hint, none of them are a Cowboy. :laugh:

I just love it when opposing teams' fans come on here and spout statistics, yet fail to look at the whole picture. Beyond exaggerating how many screen passes Brunell throws, you *coughintentionallycough* forget to stat that Bledsoe has thrown more interceptions yet somehow manage to remember he's thrown more touchdowns. 7 more interceptions are more indicative of who had a better season then a mere ...or what? what's this? Bledsoe didn't throw 25 touchdowns, he only threw 23! Liar! :laugh: :laugh: I dub you, Homer of the day! :dallasuck Before you even get a chance to type it, I know those other 2 TDs came from rushing. But does that really matter? They were on QB sneaks on the goalline, it doesn't show him to be anymore mobile than the statue of liberty.

Who were the top five passers in the NFC last season? Let me give you a hint, none of them are a Cowboy. :laugh:

Bledsoe had two rushing TD's genius!

How am I a liar if i said ACCOUNTED FOR?

It is not my problem that you have reading comrehension issues.

FYI, only one of his two tds were sneaks, the other was a 6 yard rushing td vs the 49ers. Or 6 yards longer than Brunnell's.

Bledsoe does suck get over it.

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2005 300 499 3639 60.1 7.29 71 23 17 49 83.7

Career 3749 6548 43447 57.3 6.64 86 244 198 451 77.3

IMO Bledsoe is the best traditional pocket passer in the NFCE and possibly a HOF QB when all is said and done.

Archived