Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What I want to see on redskins.com TV

Jahbird

Individual Highlights starting with all of C.P's blitz pickups and smashmouth blocking...Followed by the O line and their pancakes and pulls. Instead of Game by game, Player by player

I love going back and watching one lineman do his thing throughout a whole season. I recently watched Randy Thomas. Oh man. There was a play in the first TB game known as "Portis Hurdle." What is largely unknown is Portis hurdled over Thomas because of the hole he made in the TB defense. This play had some great blocks all round by Santana, Cooley, Jansen, Dock. But Thomas's effort takes the cake. He gets downfield and launches himself into three Bucs taking all of them out of the play. All Three. Portis hurdled over Thomas and continued to create, going for 16 yards.

clinton is one hell of a fun blocker to watch . . . a complete player .. . anyone who says we got jobbed in the champ deal is nuts

He really is. In the playoff game against the Bucs, he made a really sweet block on Shelton Quarles. He really handled him.

He really is. In the playoff game against the Bucs, he made a really sweet block on Shelton Quarles. He really handled him.

Dont forget he's a fearless receiver too. He'll do any thing to catch and hold on to the ball. He's the best football player on our team.

I really like the idea about individual player-hilight reels. Great idea!

*warning, lawn-nerd content to follow*

I think a lot of it is interesting though. And yes, I like the field updates. :geek: I can't believe they made that guy go around and pick up all of the aeration plugs. You're supposed to leave them on the ground as a top dressing for the turf. Besides, they disintigrate in about a week or so anyways. Thank you, just wanted to get that off my chest. :)

I HAVE always wondered how they keep the turf green thru the winter months at FedEx, etc. Bermuda/Zoysia grass turns brown after the first frost. They must use a dye?

I think it would be interesting to know what the groundskeepers used as fertilizer, when they aerate, when/if they lime, what kind of sod they plant, etc. etc. Kind of a year-round turf maintenance schedule that we could try on our own lawns.

Theres a business idea, actually... lawn fertilizer endorsed by NFL/Redskins groundkeepers.

*end of warning*

That block on Quarles was the best block I've ever seen, running back or not. He knocked him out cold. Portis is an expert at using his low center of gravity to get under the defender's pads and exploding through them with a burst from his legs. The best part about it was watching the replay on NFL Game of the Week on NFL Network. Right after the play you see Portis standing over Quarles, and he's just laying there for a few seconds, out like a light. Portis tries to help him up and he can't even walk, he's dazed and the ref comes over to him and asks if he's alright. Portis gets a real kick out of it too. On the sideline jawing it up with his boys, you hear him saying..."I put him to sleep, he was sleepin'!". Unfortunately, those kind of kill shots are what banged up his shoulder in that game and it hurt us against the Seahawks....but CP is a beast. Best total package running back in the NFL, and he's only 24.

That block on Quarles was the best block I've ever seen, running back or not. He knocked him out cold. Portis is an expert at using his low center of gravity to get under the defender's pads and exploding through them a burst from his legs. The best part about it was watching the replay on NFL Game of the Week on NFL Network. Right after the play you see Portis standing over Quarles, and he's just laying there for a few seconds, out like a light. Portis tries to help him up and he can't even walk, he's dazed and the ref comes over to him and asks if he's alright. Portis gets a real kick out of it too. On the sideline jawing it up with his boys, you hear him saying..."I put him to sleep, he was sleepin'!". Unfortunately, those kind of kill shots are what banged up his shoulder in that game and it hurt us against the Seahawks....but CP is a beast. Best total package running back in the NFL, and he's only 24.

He used to play some DB in high school. We should put him back in safety sometimes to knock some people out when Taylor gets bored. :rolleyes: (j/k)

Id think some of the lifting competitions that go on in the weight room between the players would be cool (I would think there are things that go on like that.) I think they could have a few more interviews with a few "behind the scenes people"....cafeteria manager would be good:silly: (jk) I would like to see how they break down film...which really isnt film but you know what I mean. OH...and I would LOVE to see Dan Snyders office!!! Gotta be nice....:2cents: :applause:

That block on Quarles was the best block I've ever seen, running back or not. He knocked him out cold. Portis is an expert at using his low center of gravity to get under the defender's pads and exploding through them with a burst from his legs. The best part about it was watching the replay on NFL Game of the Week on NFL Network. Right after the play you see Portis standing over Quarles, and he's just laying there for a few seconds, out like a light. Portis tries to help him up and he can't even walk, he's dazed and the ref comes over to him and asks if he's alright. Portis gets a real kick out of it too. On the sideline jawing it up with his boys, you hear him saying..."I put him to sleep, he was sleepin'!". Unfortunately, those kind of kill shots are what banged up his shoulder in that game and it hurt us against the Seahawks....but CP is a beast. Best total package running back in the NFL, and he's only 24.

I somehow must have missed that. Can anyone get their hands on that clip?

Hey Larry, for all of us "just getting to know the players is pretty cool and I don't expect you to be Mike Wallace" types...

How about a regular set of questions for players as part of any interview (I'd say 10 but I don't wanna rip off Bradshaw on Fox) where you ask who/what their fave musician, tv show, movie, and old-school football players from other teams is/are...kinda cool to know that stuff and its light & airy :laugh:

...and asking each one what one thing they could tell about a team-mate that will get them smacked next time they see him :D

Individual Highlights starting with all of C.P's blitz pickups and smashmouth blocking...Followed by the O line and their pancakes and pulls. Instead of Game by game, Player by player

The blocks by Portis would be great. But I can tell you, if you see Jansen pull you will cry as you see him hit NO ONE at the end of the play.

Archived