Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Banks: Free Agency Winners and Losers

hokie4redskins

Let me get this straight, Dallas adds one WR, who has torn apart two teams, and two aging linemen, and there #3 on the winner's list. Yet, the"Skins, in their eyes overpaid for their players, when the writer seemingly has no clue about how we work the cap, or the fact that b/c of the all the young guys on the team, we won't be making anymore big FA signings for a while. The Skins just secured their team for quite some time, and we're losers? Wtf? Guy doesn't even mention the effect any of our players will have on the team, nor does he mention how we bolstered our passing game. Dallas adds one volatile WR and their gold, we add two young and talented receivers, and we suck. Am I wrong in believing the writer thinks today is opposite day?

*The dumb-ass put Carolina as the #4 winner for getting Kemoutea(?) and resigning a couple back-ups, even though they lost a LB. At least the moron didn't mention Lavar being a big loss.

Let me get this straight, Dallas adds one WR, who has torn apart two teams, and two aging linemen, and there #3 on the winner's list.

Dallas threw a bunch of money at an AARP meeting last Spring and were also praised for the same "great things" done in Free Agency.

We did that in '00 and still get killed for it.

He may have been a little harsh I agree, but c'mon, be honest, if any other team signed those guys for that kind of scratch, you and the press would be ripping them too.

I'm not saying they aren't an upgrade over what you had, but for what you paid, most people (hell anyone other than skin fans) don't think you got value.

He may have been a little harsh I agree, but c'mon, be honest, if any other team signed those guys for that kind of scratch, you and the press would be ripping them too.

I'm not saying they aren't an upgrade over what you had, but for what you paid, most people (hell anyone other than skin fans) don't think you got value.

Thats all well and good. But as far as the Redskins are concerned, their scale of "value" is obviously different than everybody else's. Frankly, $10 million to us is not the same as it is to anybody else. If someone told Snyder that for $30million he could get one extra win, he'd probably do it. But for some reason, in evaluating FA no one can simply ask the question "did the team get better?" without taking in to account how much they spent. If Green Bay made these signings and got real close to the cap, yeah it would be pretty stupid, finacially at least. But to us? And we are not going to work ourselves in to some "cap hell" like everyone else wants us to. We have proved that we are not retarded.

BTW, WeOwnU, how did your de-clowning come about?

Thats all well and good. But as far as the Redskins are concerned, their scale of "value" is obviously different than everybody else's. Frankly, $10 million to us is not the same as it is to anybody else. If someone told Snyder that for $30million he could get one extra win, he'd probably do it. But for some reason, in evaluating FA no one can simply ask the question "did the team get better?" without taking in to account how much they spent. If Green Bay made these signings and got real close to the cap, yeah it would be pretty stupid, finacially at least. But to us? And we are not going to work ourselves in to some "cap hell" like everyone else wants us to. We have proved that we are not retarded.

BTW, WeOwnU, how did your de-clowning come about?

Hell, thats what I want to know. I show'd up today and the clown was gone. I don't know what happened. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dissapointed. How do I get it back?

Like I said, I think you got better as a team, it was just very expensive. Lets face it, at some point, the contracts you guys sign people too has to come back and bite you doesn't it? Because the cap goes up each year, it seems to bail you out somewhat. But hey, if you can do it and you're trying to win now, then go for it.

Personally, I'd rather get better through the draft, but its hit and miss at best.

I do think the press likes wragging on the skins because the spend so much money and really it hasn't worked yet. The press eats things like that up. Just like the Yankees for how much they pay, and they haven't won a world series in 5 years or so. Reporters love that stuff.

I just read this piece of crap's article

YOu forgot to mention that somehow the Giants are a winner, cause they can "mine the middle round talent" or something like that

In other words, picking up no talent pieces of crap is much better off season policy then picking up the best possible free agent at every one of your needed positions

It just does not end with these guys....Cap Hell

Really

Are we going there again?

Hey I hope we have cap hell...Cuase I love it so far this off-season.

Just forget it though, if we signed T.O and didnt sign Brandon Lloyd or ARE wed be the dumbest retards in the history of the NFL and If the cowboys were in need of the positions we need and they got the players we got...theyd be Super Bowl Favorites.

I do think the press likes wragging on the skins because the spend so much money and really it hasn't worked yet. The press eats things like that up. Just like the Yankees for how much they pay, and they haven't won a world series in 5 years or so. Reporters love that stuff.

Yea, except that they went to the Series several years in a row and won a few championships. What happens when the Skins go to the playoffs for the next few years, win games and maybe a championship? I'm not sure it's an accurate comparison, especially since A) there is a salary cap that all teams abide by and that we have met every year and B) we have never been in "cap hell," and we would have been fine even without an extension.

:doh: (Banks is worse than King, I think)

I've held my tongue but now I'm gonna speak my piece, as unoriginal as it may be. I don't get it..... I just simply don't get it. Dallas adds one, (1), uno player, and that player being the biggest cancer the league has possibly ever seen. The Skins add 2 very good receivers, a pro bowl caliber Andre Carter and plenty of depth to an already playoff caliber team. People criticize Brunell for being old and yada, yada. Yet now the Cowboys are a threat? Was there a record breaking year in our nation's medical institutions for comas between Sept. '05 and Jan. '06? Or is it that there are alot of people that have an IQ so low that they could be classified as legally retarded?Did I miss the fact that Drew Bledsoe is also old? And that he sucked so badly that the term Black Hole came to mind? Brunell is better than Bledsoe. Check last year for reference. I'm baffled guys, I really am. I could go on and on but my brain cells are greatly hindered by such blatant ignorance.

Here is the quote for the Giants

HONORABLE MENTION

• New York Giants -- For successfully mining the middle tiers of free agency for starting players such as cornerback Sam Madison and safety Will Demps, and decent depth in cornerback R.W. McQuarters.

Who?

you will find out later in the year, BTW

Redskins | Team has not reached a new deal with B. Lloyd

Mon, 20 Mar 2006 21:05:43 -0800

Howard Bryant, of the Washington Post, reports the <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/37/nfl">Washington Redskins have not come to terms on a new contract with newly acquired WR Brandon Lloyd. Lloyd is under contract to play this season at his tendered salary of $1.57 million, but without a new deal would be a free agent at the end of the season.

So Lloyd can potentially be a hold out this season. Looks like he wants more catches than he got in SF, which he wont get in DC because of all the compition.

I wonder if we would've been deemed "winners" if we signed TO.

:rolleyes:

The SI ilk used to infuriate me, but now their blatant hatred has become comical for me.

No kidding :laugh:

Can you imagine (though all the press said what we needed most was another good WR) if we had signe TO to the same contract what we'd be hearing? :laugh:

There are still some good reporters I(not just writers) working for SI, I'm sure, but quality journalism (i.e. investigating, digging, and teasing out insights and legitmate information of impact) has been mainly replaced by "me-too" group-think laziness and blatant cronyism in the mainstream pop media, of which SI has become a part.

"In the secondary, the loss of the safety Hope to Tennessee could also have an impact. Pittsburgh's cornerbacks haven't been a strength, shifting much of the burden to Hope and Troy Polamalu. If Pittsburgh can't get another player who complements the free-wheeling Polamalu as well as Hope did, that'll be a setback for Dick LeBeau's unit."

ummm... Ryan Clark???

Did I miss the fact that Drew Bledsoe is also old? And that he sucked so badly that the term Black Hole came to mind? Brunell is better than Bledsoe. Check last year for reference. .

Lord knows I'm going to get ripped for this, but I watched probably 6-7 skins games and watched all of the cowboys games, and I just don't see where you guys think Brunell is better than Bledsoe. I swear I'm trying to be objective here, so I'm asking you to do the same..........

The games I saw Brunell play were pretty bad. Now he had some good games too don't get me wrong, but I saw alot of bad throws, overshooting people, throwing at peoples feet, etc.

Seems to me many of his yards were 5 yard dunks to Santana and Santana woudl pick up 50 Yards After the Catch, to make Brunells numbers look better.

Bledsoe however threw alot of his yards to Keyshawn, who would catch it, then pretty much go down 2 yards later. Terry Glenn would pick up alot of yards after the catch though, but I doubt it was more than Santana.

I'll I'm trying to say is when Bledsoe was first signed by the boys, I was pretty angry about it, but he really showed me something last year. The guy can play. Yes, he has his faults though, and he had his share of stinker throws himself. Bledsoe was in the top 3 rated passers in the NFL for most of the season, really until Flozell Adams went down and we had to put a couple of BUMS in there to play and it pretty much went downhill from there for Bledsoe the rest of the year.

Like I said, I'll probably get ripped for this, but I'd like to hear your comments.

Archived