Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ST's Trial

NattyLight

I was under the impression the Sean "Destroyer of Worlds" Taylor's trial started today, and I have found no source stating the contrary.

Does anyone know what's up?

If it has started today, I'd like to make motion for a 10,000+ post thread until he's found innocent.

Peace.

:logo:

The topic has been coverd, but I am going to post as I haven't done so in the ST threads before. Does anyone else think this trial is bogus? It's one persons word against anothers. I haven't heard of them actually finding any guns on Taylor. Honestly, if I suspected people of taking something valuable from me, I'd confront them too. Maybe not w/ a gun, but I'd probably have a bat in my hand. Taylor may have threatened someone, but who wouldn't? Maybe an older person would simply call the cops, but younger people know that doesn't help half the time. Younger people generally confront the problem themselves, especially since none of us are too fond of police anyways. Heck, if you got pulled over by a racist cop and charged w/ a BS DUI, would you be eager to call the cops? That sucks if they fine him or give him community service, but realistically, threatening someone is against the law, so the penalty is just. To be facing actual jail time over speculation w/ no hard evidence is BS. IMO, the prosecutor is just trying to make a name for him/herself.

The topic has been coverd, but I am going to post as I haven't done so in the ST threads before. Does anyone else think this trial is bogus? It's one persons word against anothers. I haven't heard of them actually finding any guns on Taylor. Honestly, if I suspected people of taking something valuable from me, I'd confront them too. Maybe not w/ a gun, but I'd probably have a bat in my hand. Taylor may have threatened someone, but who wouldn't? Maybe an older person would simply call the cops, but younger people know that doesn't help half the time. Younger people generally confront the problem themselves, especially since none of us are too fond of police anyways. Heck, if you got pulled over by a racist cop and charged w/ a BS DUI, would you be eager to call the cops? That sucks if they fine him or give him community service, but realistically, threatening someone is against the law, so the penalty is just. To be facing actual jail time over speculation w/ no hard evidence is BS. IMO, the prosecutor is just trying to make a name for him/herself.

Of course the prosecutor is trying to make a name for himself--that's what prosecutor's do.

I forgot to mention, what about Marcus Vick? He supposedly pulled a gun on someone, and has a rack load of previous charges. Yet, he pleaded guilty to a couple things, gets the gun charge dropped, and still doesn't face any jail time. Meanwhile, Taylor has no previous record, and the only witneeses are friends of the people he supposedly threatened. Good prosecutors make names for themselves w/ succesfully prosecuting by bulding on cases w/ actual, physical evidence. Scumbag prosecutors build up cases on circumstantial BS, w/ no physical evidence, just heresay, just to build up their numbers, w/o a second thought about the possible innocence of those they are putting away. Sounds like ST is facing a pretty big scumbag.

i dont see him going to jail.hes not guilty. these guys convicting him are bogus, no evidence. IF he is guilty im sure he can buy his way out of it with a hella good lawyer.

After his trial he should sue the accusers for 24inch rims. You know, just for the trouble.

I forgot to mention, what about Marcus Vick? He supposedly pulled a gun on someone, and has a rack load of previous charges. Yet, he pleaded guilty to a couple things, gets the gun charge dropped, and still doesn't face any jail time. Meanwhile, Taylor has no previous record, and the only witneeses are friends of the people he supposedly threatened. Good prosecutors make names for themselves w/ succesfully prosecuting by bulding on cases w/ actual, physical evidence. Scumbag prosecutors build up cases on circumstantial BS, w/ no physical evidence, just heresay, just to build up their numbers, w/o a second thought about the possible innocence of those they are putting away. Sounds like ST is facing a pretty big scumbag.

Marcus Vick was caught in West Virginia where the punishment for pulling a gun is practically nothing compared to Florida's 3 yr minimum sentence.

I love sean taylor and i hope he doesn't get put in jail for a stupid thing like this but he has got to mature and not put himself in these positions. Whether or not he had a gun will be the issue at trial but he shouldn't have been there at all. should have just called the cops if somone stole his ATV's. guy is a star safety for the redskins and not to mention a multi-millionaire. He does not need to go fight people who steal his toys. :2cents:

See, this is what I think is hilarious...

If ST, a Redskin, gets tried for something, the American Justice system is no longer about justice, and it is just some stupid institution to destroy the Redskins...

If a Cowboy gets tried, the American Justice system suddenly becomes the greatest thing in the world, as all those prosecutors are the "world's saviors"...

If Sean Taylor is indeed not guilty, then he doesn't deserve to go to jail, but if he is, which I suspect, he deserves to go to jail, point blank. Just because he's a Redskin doesn't mean he gets another chance. Same goes for any Cowboy players who are tried for something.

Man, i just helped this movement...:doh:

Different States have different laws

Fla. has a mandatory 3 yrs sentence if he is found guilty

Marcus Vick was charged in Suffolk Virginia. Brandishing a firearm in Va. is a misdemeanor carrying a max 12 month jail sentance and or a $2500.00 fine. It is not pursued by the Police unless it occurs in their presence. Totally different situation in Fla.

don't let people hold you down from asking questions, I personally enjoy reading about this topic because it will impact our team more than any free agent signing this off season. Keep the ST threads coming!! Everyone else who can't input anything else except, (this is already posted) keep your mouths shut!

I thought I had read in the WP that ST's accusers are known to be theives and have prior arrests. If this is a case of he said/he said then the court will have to side w/ ST. His father is the police chief of his hometown for Heaven's sake. With no actual evidence I don't see how he can be convicted. I think the prosectuor knows this and has added the other charges looking to make a deal in the future.

If ST, a Redskin, gets tried for something, the American Justice system is no longer about justice, and it is just some stupid institution to destroy the Redskins...

If a Cowboy gets tried, the American Justice system suddenly becomes the greatest thing in the world, as all those prosecutors are the "world's saviors"...

If Sean Taylor is indeed not guilty, then he doesn't deserve to go to jail, but if he is, which I suspect, he deserves to go to jail, point blank. Just because he's a Redskin doesn't mean he gets another chance. Same goes for any Cowboy players who are tried for something.

Now, Mr. Cowboys fan. Since you find it SOOOOOO amusing to TROLL on our board lets look into any one of the Cowboys arrests and compare it to the arrest of Sean Taylor. With any ONE of the Cowboys arrests there was EVIDENCE present. Since Cowboys fans are generally retarded, I will break the word EVIDENCE down for you in a way you can understand; crack, weed, pipes, bongs and crack-headed hookers. I Sean Taylor's trial the is NO EVIDENCE except for the testimony of the "victims" who happen to be a group of "Dallas Cowboys"; common street thugs only looking for a quick buck.

Hopefully, you find this thread highly offensive and never want to post here because your opinions are not wanted. Just a quick suggestion there are many fans of other teams on this site that are well respected, because of the fact that they do not troll.

He isnt going to jail...

and if he does...then i'm gonna do whatever i can ( which probably isnt much) to get him outta there. sign petitions...whatever i have to do...

Too bad you could get a petition with 20 million names and it still wouldnt get him out of jail. The only thing that could get him out is a successful appeal or a presidential pardon......not happening.

I hope he gets off.

That's the way it always is, on both sides of the fence.

In this case though the case against Taylor is pretty shaky. Taylor has never been seen in the possesion of a firearm with the exception of the supposed case in point. No firearm was found in his possesion. The accusers are of very questionable character. There were bullet holes in ST's car, so if anyone can indeed be proven to have had a firearm it was the accusers not the accused. ST codefendant, a short time acquaintance who is not a close friend of Taylor's, was offered immunity by the state to rat Taylor out, he declined, choosing instead to face trial. Why? Because he knows one of two things. One, they are inoccent, or two the state has no evidence to convict.

No matter how it turns out, I think that 3 year minimum law needs to be struck down. Three years for threatening someone with a gun? Which in this case may or may ot have even existed, and if it did exist may or may not have been loaded or even a real gun? It's a reactionary law due to a rash of carjackings in Fl. Three years of you life is a long time to spend locked up for NOT using a firearm when you had the opportunity to do so. It definately needs to be punished, but three years? For a violoent carjacking maybe, for pulling a gun during a fight in a bad neighborhood? Hell no.

Archived