Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How would you classify yourself:Politically?

gchwood

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Yes, I live in Massachusetts. I've been a life-long New Englander. Born and raised in Connecticut. Went to college in Rhode Island. Moved back to Connecticut for about four years and have now lived here in Massachusetts for almost eight years. I've been through your area of the country on several occassions and have found it both physically beautiful and full of wonderful people. It's one of the areas that I have thought about relocating to on several occassions.

I don't really feel like a small red dot because I know that in my area of the state the red & blue dots are a lot closer to equal in number than in the Boston/Eastern Mass area.

If I could find a similar job in that area which paid me the same amount that I'm currently making (including benefits & incidentals) and they were willing to pay to relocate me, we just might have a deal.

Thanks for the compliments about my area. I definitely enjoy it here, but I believe that I will have to move pretty soon. I'm graduating college in May and there just aren't many jobs in this area. The cost of living is fairly cheap here but I am on the coast and it is an appealing place to live, so the job market stays pretty tight.

I haven't been to Mass. other than a layover in Logan. I would definitely like to check out the coastal area up in New England. I was supposed to go up there for a quiet Spring Break a couple of years ago, but our plans changed. I had actually bought some travel guides on New England and I've wanted to visit ever since.

Are the Pats fans overbearing up there? I know the Panthers fans can be around here...what's really bad is that most of them are ex-'Skins fans, because the 'Skins were the closest team before the Panthers were expanded into the NFL.

fiscal conservative: Get rid of 1/3 duplicate government programs.. tax correctly.. no paying for the spanish american war on telephone bill kinda thing..

socially conservative: Family / churches need to pick up more of the slack... the circle of responsibility should start at the individual and slowly move outward..

(If it gets to the Federal Gov't its way too late)..

Fiscal and social moderate.

BTW - what the hell does fiscal conservative mean these days anyway? Tax cuts and spending increases? The only difference between the two ideologies is when the debt is paid - conservatives finance the debt and liberals raise taxes to pay for it now. There is no longer an option for "stop/slow spending"

same here, no voting slot for that one, so I went with FCSM. I'm for taxing and spending responsibly. Socially I'm for allowing the democratic process dictate. ex. if 51% want gay marriage, so be it, but if they don't STFU and go back to your cave. same thing with removing "God" from everything,

51% or STFU back to your satanic cave :laugh:

that would be fiscal conservative social liberal

Actually extreme libertarian would mean you have no view of civil government except that it should be eliminated. An extreme libertarian would probably be an anarchist.

That's why its so funny that someone called Bush, 'Rothbard from Texas'. :laugh:

fiscal conservative: Get rid of 1/3 duplicate government programs.. tax correctly.. no paying for the spanish american war on telephone bill kinda thing..

socially conservative: Family / churches need to pick up more of the slack... the circle of responsibility should start at the individual and slowly move outward..

(If it gets to the Federal Gov't its way too late)..

How can you be a fiscal conservative and stand to see Bush in office? How can a Church guy with family values support a regime with the likes of Karl Rove and Abramoff at the wheel and engine? Torture? Lying? Concentrating power in the Presidency?

I personally am Fiscally and Socially Conservative (if you didn't already figure that out) .

My beliefs in a nut shell:

I am for paying the national debt down now, without raising taxes.

I beleive that the tax payers are paying for way too many social programs.

That Social security is a debacle and needs to be reformed (perhaps eliminated)

I support Capital Punishment of the guilty

I oppose Abortion of the Innocent

I do not beleive in forced seperation of Church and State

I beleive that the government can not mandate a State religion

I beleive in the rights of the individual to own and maintain arms, with NO regulations

I beleive that the states governments should be bigger than the federal goverment (not necessarily more powerful)

I beleive that judges should enforce the law not their opinions

Now, now. Crazyhorse1 is here to make things ok.

We'll pay down the debt without raising taxes. The Republicans will only leave a trillion dollars in debts. We'll sell Texas.

No more bucks for social programs. Here's some cuts: tax breaks for the rich, sweet heart no bid contracts for the rich, no special country club jails for the rich, no phony depreciation allowances for the rich, no grants and/or cheap loans for the rich, no ultra class schools for the rich, etc.

Social Security: Ok, let's reform it when we need to...fifty years from now.

Capital punishment: Ok, if the jury system becomes infallible, let's have capital punishment.

Let's abort only the guilty fetuses...or better, only when we should.

No need to separate church and state. They're already separated by the Constitution.

State governments larger than federal government: Ok. Each state will have its own army, air force, CIA, FBI, Dept of Treasury, etc.

Ok. Conservative judges and liberal judges or any judges with political opinions will have to re-sign. Not a bad idea, actually.

The government already lacks the power to mandate a state religion.

Ok. Every citizen will be able to carry atomic bombs.

Thanks for the compliments about my area. I definitely enjoy it here, but I believe that I will have to move pretty soon. I'm graduating college in May and there just aren't many jobs in this area. The cost of living is fairly cheap here but I am on the coast and it is an appealing place to live, so the job market stays pretty tight.

You're welcome. I've had the opportunity to drive through that area of the country on a couple occassions, done plane stops in the area and I have several acquaintances who either have lived or currently live in the area. The job market down there is one of the few things that has kept me here in New England.

I haven't been to Mass. other than a layover in Logan. I would definitely like to check out the coastal area up in New England. I was supposed to go up there for a quiet Spring Break a couple of years ago, but our plans changed. I had actually bought some travel guides on New England and I've wanted to visit ever since.

I hope the shots you probably needed after the layover at Logan weren't TOO BAD. Coastal New England is kind of divided into a couple areas.... Coastal New Hampshire & Maine (quaint, freindly, expensive). Coastal Massachusetts (developed, unfriendly, very expensive). Coastal Rhode Island (State Motto: Land of Corruption). Coastal Connecticut (Regional Motto: If you have to ask, you can't afford it). If you do really want to look at moving up here, I'd suggest inland New Hampshire. You'd be within an hour to 90 minutes of the shore and it's a very pretty area, probably pretty comparable to what you're used to down there. It's gonna be a fair bit colder up here for most of the year, than what you're used to, mind you.

Are the Pats fans overbearing up there? I know the Panthers fans can be around here...what's really bad is that most of them are ex-'Skins fans, because the 'Skins were the closest team before the Panthers were expanded into the NFL.

There are a couple religions up here that you'd have to deal with. The Roman Catholic Church being the smallest and least intrusive. Red Sox Nation and Patriots Nation being the two most aggressive and invasive. You can expect a total blackout on all Redskins news in the media, unless it's negative or national news. Even then it won't get much coverage. It's not to the point of being unlivable, but it can be pretty close at times. Especially when the Pats and Sox are either very hot or very cold.

Now, now. Crazyhorse1 is here to make things ok.

We'll pay down the debt without raising taxes. The Republicans will only leave a trillion dollars in debts. We'll sell Texas.

If we were to eliminate social programs we could pay down the debt

No more bucks for social programs. Here's some cuts: tax breaks for the rich, sweet heart no bid contracts for the rich, no special country club jails for the rich, no phony depreciation allowances for the rich, no grants and/or cheap loans for the rich, no ultra class schools for the rich, etc.

ok...doesn't bother me I am not rich, but while we are at it we need to eliminate social security, medicare, medicaid, welfare and government subsidies for shelters

Social Security: Ok, let's reform it when we need to...fifty years from now.

It won't exist 50 years from now at this pace, I just want to be able to invest my own money for my own retirement

Capital punishment: Ok, if the jury system becomes infallible, let's have capital punishment.

Let's abort only the guilty fetuses...or better, only when we should.

Why is it you can say never execute unless you can prove beyond a reasonable doubt that all condemned are guilty, but you will allow the abortion of completely innocent babies

No need to separate church and state. They're already separated by the Constitution.

ha ha ha ha ha you are kidding right? The consititution says nothing about seperation of church and state. it says:

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof (amendment I)"

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.billofrights.html#amendmenti

State governments larger than federal government: Ok. Each state will have its own army, air force, CIA, FBI, Dept of Treasury, etc.

Don't most people want us to get rid of our military and our "corrupt" intelligence agencies anyway?

Ok. Conservative judges and liberal judges or any judges with political opinions will have to re-sign. Not a bad idea, actually.

Exactly, No judge should do anything but determine the law of the land, if the law says abortion is allowed than fine, if it say it is not than fine, making laws is what the legislature is for, not the judiciary.

The government already lacks the power to mandate a state religion.

Aye, see above

Ok. Every citizen will be able to carry atomic bombs.

OK, so? If I want to spend the money to purchase an atomic bomb than let me! If I am convicted of a felony, regardless of violent or not, than take that right. But since I have not than I should be able to wield whatever I feel is necessary to protect me and my family.

Midnight Judges, it's uncanny how many different issues we agree upon. I would say the only thing I disagree with you on is the death penalty. I don't think human beings hold enough moral high ground to rightfully determine whether someone deserves to live or die. People are too mistake prone, the justice system is far from full proof and human biases play too heavily into those decisions for me to believe we should have it. Just look at how much easier it is to get sentenced to death if you're a minority or if the victim of the crim ISNT a minority.

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/article.php?scid=5&did=184

To me, that right there shows that this country is not at a point where it can be fair and consistent about what constitutes deserving to die.

Archived