Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Parcells?

Guest sith lord

The thing everyone forgets about this is. The difference in the Cowboys and Eages situation. The Eagles were already a Superbowl Contender before Owens, and Owens was just the "missing piece" however with Dallas, they are expecting TO to come in and basically by himself take then to not only the next step, but the next three steps. All this before he goes mental again. Haha, yeah right.

The thing everyone forgets about this is. The difference in the Cowboys and Eages situation. The Eagles were already a Superbowl Contender before Owens, and Owens was just the "missing piece" however with Dallas, they are expecting TO to come in and basically by himself take then to not only the next step, but the next three steps. All this before he goes mental again. Haha, yeah right.

I dont know and havent spoken to ANY Cowboy fans that think he is supposed to take us to the top.

He's a dynamic offensive gamechanging playmaker that we've been missing since Irvin retired.

He was brought in to fill that void and to make us better.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If better means the playoffs, so be it.

If it means the Super Bowl, same thing.

But my only expecations right now are for T.O. to make our offense better, and ultimately our team better.

And he'll say the right things. But from what I gathered from this PC, this move was all Jerry Jones.

Yeah, because thats what Parcells is all about.

Telling us the fans, and the media what we want to hear.

What Jerry wants to hear.

He's been like that since day one in Dallas. :rolleyes:

Like BP hasn't ever put up with probelm children...

LT, Key, Glenn... they were all extremely difficult... I don't know why he'd shy away from another if he thought the guy was talented enough...

besides, BP will not be coaching much longer, why does it matter what he does or doesn't think?

He can take TO, win with him and go out as the only coach to "tame" TO or they will lose and he will retire and race some ponies... so what, what's it to him?

One thing I don't think a lot of Skins fans know, BP came back into coaching not for the competition or missing the game... he needed the money... he went through a divorce the year before and his ex wife fleeced him pretty good... that's one of the reasons he didn't take that Tampa job, because he was in the process of that divorce and he didn't want her to have any claims to salary he'd earn with TB... he'll get his money with Dallas, now... then he can ride off to the race tracks...

Just like TO, money was the ruling factor...

Not the greatest reasons in the world, not haning my hat on them... but, if they give Dallas good effort, then what the hell...

Not the greatest reasons in the world, not haning my hat on them... but, if they give Dallas good effort, then what the hell...

I would agree that money would not be the best motivation to return to 80 hour work weeks. So far it's shown in the results. Money pales in comparison to say...i dunno...returning because you're motivated to bring your old franchise back to its Glory Days? :)

I would agree that money would not be the best motivation to return to 80 hour work weeks. So far it's shown in the results. Money pales in comparison to say...i dunno...returning because you're motivated to bring your old franchise back to its Glory Days? :)

haha I'm sure none of Danny Boy's money was a ruling factor into getting ANY of your coaches there... :laugh: ya, know, at least Parcells is up front about it... Gibbs got paid BIG... if money wasn't a factor, he would have taken less... and I'm sure Danny started off by offering a lot less...

yeah great... your point?

He actually is a very astute football man. He actually watches film and breaks down film.

He really has developed into a good GM. Why wouldn't the owner be a tie breaker?

Yeah Jerry Jones actually played highschool and college football. While Daniel Synder was a nerd

QUALIFYING STATEMENTS: NERDS RULE THE WORLD, BUT ATLEAST JERRY KNOWS ABOUT FOOTBALL, TEAMWORK ETC....

haha I'm sure none of Danny Boy's money was a ruling factor into getting ANY of your coaches there... :laugh: ya, know, at least Parcells is up front about it... Gibbs got paid BIG... if money wasn't a factor, he would have taken less... and I'm sure Danny started off by offering a lot less...

You talking about the same Snyder that every Cowboys fan on the planet calls an overspender? Besides, you can't offer Joe Gibbs less than Spurrier, now can you?

Archived