Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

Chrisbob74

www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

REPORT OF T.O. SIGNING IS "BOGUS"

Reports originating from a Lubbock, Texas television station that receiver Terrell Owens has signed with the Cowboys are "bogus," a league source with knowledge of the situation tells us.

KLBK 13 says that sources with the Cowboys have told the station that

Owens already has been signed, and that the move will be announced on Monday.

On one hand, we could envision the Cowboys intentionally leaking misinformation in order to scare off other potential suitors while owner Jerry Jones wraps up a vacation. On the other hand, why in the hell would the leak be made to a television station in Lubbock?

Bottom line -- there's no deal, and the reports are erroneous.

While PFT.com is not always accurate, I'll side with them on this one for now.

Just cant see a local TV station in Lubbock, TX, getting the drop on this before anyone else.

Um ok. Wtf?

And to add a little to that:

http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509596.html

A report out of a CBS affliate in Lubbock, Tex. indicated Thursday that the Dallas Cowboys have signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

TheRanchReport.com has now confirmed that report is false.

According to two sources close to Owens, he has not yet signed a contract of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys.

That does not mean he will not sign with Dallas at a future date. However, at this time, TheRanchReport.com has confirmed the report is indeed false.

Owens has been rumored to land in Dallas for weeks, however after his release from the Eagles on Wednesday, that speculation has only increased. The Cowboys then added fuel to the fire when they released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson the same day.

However, as of Thursday evening, Terrell Owens has not yet signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

You know, part of me kinda hopes they DO sign this guy. The idea of TO tearing apart another NFC East foe in a year or two is just so damn delicious.

And maybe even better than that, about half of Dallas fans can join the rest of the world and hate the Cowboys, too. 'Cuz if you read their boards, it looks like maybe half of Cowpie Nation is ready to quit on their team if they bring in this guy.

It's all in how you look at it. :)

Well, put me on the record now that I'm fine with Dallas adding him.

Whether it works or not, I'm all for the risk.

Terrell Owens To Sign With Cowboys

( Air Date: 3/16/2006 )

Sources within the Dallas Cowboys have told the KLBK-13 Sports Department that the Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Terms of his contract have not been disclosed.

The Cowboys plan to announce the signing of Owens officially in a press conference on Monday.

Owens was ran out of Philadelphia after bad-mouthing the Eagles organization and quarterback Donovan McNabb last season. Owens is also remembered for taunting the Dallas Cowboys and its fans on the "Texas Stadium Star" while he was a member of the San Francisco 49ers a few years ago.

Owens enters his 11th season in the NFL, and will play on his third

team in four years.

http://www.klbk13.tv/sports/default...hownews&id=1461

ALREADY POSTED!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I hope he does go to Dallas. I am not the slightest bit worried about him because he will be pissing and moaning by week four because Drew can't throw it from his back. Cowboy fans think we are delusional about our team? Please, spare me. Some of them actually believe that Meo is going to turn into a choir boy overnight and I find that very humorous.

Spin it Cowboy fans. Spin it all you want. Everyone is laughing at you now and what will Meo do next, piss on your star? :dallasuck

EDIT-Good job MODS keeping this MEO story in the NFL forum. He's not worthy of taking space up on our main forum.

Sorry HeHateMe. The "wtf" was for why my post wasn't showing up. The damn text was black and ****.

WD,

No harm, no foul.

I actually didnt even know your post had print on it until I quoted it.

I only saw two links, both of which I clicked on to get the story.

Dont know what the issue was.

Scout.com > Dallas

Report of Owens Signing False

Roy Philpott

TheRanchReport.com Mar 16, 2006

A report out of Lubbock television station indicates that the Dallas Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

A report out of a CBS affliate in Lubbock, Tex. indicated Thursday that the Dallas Cowboys have signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Terrell Owens.

According to two sources close to Owens, he has not yet signed a contract of any kind with the Dallas Cowboys.

That does not mean he will not sign with Dallas at a future date. However, at this time, TheRanchReport.com has confirmed the report is indeed false.

Owens has been rumored to land in Dallas for weeks, however after his release from the Eagles on Wednesday, that speculation has only increased. The Cowboys then added fuel to the fire when they released wide receiver Keyshawn Johnson the same day.

However, as of Thursday evening, Terrell Owens has not yet signed a contract with the Dallas Cowboys.

Story URL: http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509596.html

Copyright © 2005 Scout.com and TheRanchReport.com

Scout.com > Dallas

Report of Owens Signing False

Roy Philpott

TheRanchReport.com Mar 16, 2006

A report out of Lubbock television station indicates that the Dallas Cowboys have signed wide receiver Terrell Owens.

Story URL: http://cowboys.scout.com/2/509596.html

Copyright © 2005 Scout.com and TheRanchReport.com

Darn... That means I cant get excited yet. The sooner TO goes to Dallas, the sooner he can take them apart. Though I am suprised the Parcells will take him... :doh:

Even in free agency, Terrell Owens' situation continues to be somewhat of a saga.

Thursday night, Lubbock's KLBK-13 CBS TV reported that the Cowboys have struck a deal with Owens. But when contacted by FOXSports.com about the report, agent Drew Rosenhaus vehemently denied that any such deal was finalized.

"I heard about the report too," Rosenhaus said. "Not true. Absolutely not true."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5420122

A couple of things...

I don't understand why its so hard to believe that Drew and TO can light it up. If you didn't know, the old and oft injured Terry Glenn had 1,000+ yards last year. I'd say TO is a liiiittle better than him.

And why is it that whenever anybody mentions a WR, it all comes back to Sean Taylor? Taylor would be responsible for covering TO (including all double teams) like maybe 10 times all game. Look to your CB's instead of your spit-wielding safety.

I don't like this. I don't think he will tear apart the cowboys. I think TO will be on his best behavior and do good for the team at least it will look that way. The media will be on him more than barry bonds. He has to behave and not say anything if he wants to play again. He is smart enough to know that. He will be a threat and he will make the hated Cowboys much better. That said, I hope our safetys put a little star next to the dates we play dallas and come out hittin extra hard.

So does that mean he's going to pose on the star at midfield after every touchdown he scores during home games?

I personally was of the belief that Bill Parcells was above sacrificing his integrity by going out and signing classless football players.

You cannot sacrifice what you do not possess.

Archived