Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How nice is FedEx stadium?

RedskinsFanatic

FedEx field is great, but I wish Danny would spread the wealth a little bit....The Club level is first class with hardwood floors, flatscreens and recliners all around the concourse while the rest is your standard concrete and steel stadium. That aside, there's NOTHING like seeing the Skins there!!!

And yeah, I NEVER leave before the game ends....if beating the traffic is that important, sell the tickets to someone who will truly appreciate them for the duration!

as long as u sit close to the field you are gravy! i sat knose bleed one game... sucked. so damn big u could hardly make out the players, thank god for binoculars

??

You're the first person I've heard say that. I've sat in the nose bleeds plenty of times and haven't had trouble seeing anything.

Sight lines are EXCELLENT at FedEx field. (except of course the partially obscured seats)

??

You're the first person I've heard say that. I've sat in the nose bleeds plenty of times and haven't had trouble seeing anything.

Sight lines are EXCELLENT at FedEx field. (except of course the partially obscured seats)

I'm with you on this one. I prefer to be below row 15 but above that is not horrible.

I sat 3rd row lower level endzone last year and won't ever do that again. The view sucked. It was great during warmups cause the players would come over, but awful for the game.

FedEx can be a great place to see a game. However, watch out the you don't accidently get seats partially behind the concrete pillars (Danny loves to pack 'em in). The stadium is nice though, still pretty new compared with other places around the NFL, and we are the largest in the league. Quite an experience.

As for the noise, it's always been loud - how can 92,000 people be quiet?? This past year though was fantastic, it seemed that everyone was excited and making a lot of noise. At the divisional games the sound was incredible, i couldn't even hear myself screaming!

I think it's certainly worth the trip. The tailgating is great and there's nothing like watching the skins surrounded by our fans. Leave yourself plenty of time as parking and traffic can get hectic.

Hope this is helpful.

yea lower level end zone seats row 18 all the other seats in the house and very good but lowe level seats are VERY VERY GOOD!

Thanks everyone, I definately can't wait. I'll buy my tickets on Ebay and I want as close to the field as I can get..I was in the 3rd row off to the left of the Redskins bench @ Seattle..AMAZING seats....the travel arrangements make me nervous though...where to stay, how close to the stadium, ect...but it will all work out, I'll come in a day or so ahead of the game....I'm already ready!

One day, just one day I'll get to go to a game.... :violin:

Enjoy it RedskinsFanatic, I'd love to be able to get there, I'm sure you'll love it, be sure to shout yourself hoarse. :cheers:

I am planning on making a trip across the country this upcoming season to see a Skins' game, after going to the Seattle playoff game I really need to see the team with all of our fans. Was wondering how nice of a stadium it is and is it loud?....thanks for any input. :logo:

90,000 fans, its louder than that overrated 12th man crap Seattle has going for em.

Just wait till the Skins score a touchdown and the band is playing Hail to the Redskins. It is the ultimate experience!

My 2 best memories in the stadium are from this year when we played philly and it got so loud on that last defensive stand then Clark intercepted McNabb's pass to win the game...and the other moment happened alot but the loudest had to be at the Dallas game this season when we score and we play the same "Heyyyyyy" song only our fans were all going "HEY, YOU SUCK!" it was heard 100% clearly on television and was louder than the commentators. Now thats noise.

it is HUGE! way bigger than any i've been to for football (ravens, giants) is it nice... i dont think its luxuary but its nice and modern...its no verizon center but its nice....i do agree that you should go club level b/c it is forsure the nicest...(but not better than the suites)

yea lower level end zone seats row 18 all the other seats in the house and very good but lowe level seats are VERY VERY GOOD!

Really... its hard to lose with seating at FedEx so long as you don't get stuck behind the concrete support beams. I usually find my way into the lower level when I see games but at the Dallas game this season I got stuck up in the nosebleeds. It was actually a pretty good view and wasn't all that bad (I know RFK wasn't as good when you got stuck in the upper sections).

My grandparents have season tickets, so I've been there three times, once when it was still Jack Kent Cooke Stadium. I've sat in the lower level near one of the endzones each time, and I love it. The tailgating is good, too. I've only been in three NFL stadiums (FedEx, Ralph Wilson, and the Georgia Dome), so I don't have much to compare it to, but I absolutely hate the Georgia Dome compared to FedEx, and I don't remember Ralph Wilson that well (it was still Rich Stadium when I went). I think that the stadium is nice in that it's not too nice. Football stadiums need a bit of a personality. The Georgia Dome has carpeted floors in most of the stadium, and I can't stand looking up and seeing a ceiling.

I have a question though. The seats are not cheap. I have noticed that many people dont get there until the beginning of the 2nd quarter and leave at the beginning of the 4th. What is the point of taking up a seat for 2 quarters?

sometimes you're held up in the parking lot, and the lines are long getting in

missing kickoff happens, but leaving early? uncalled for
icon13.gif

Also why get so drunk you really have no clue what is going on on the field anyways?

because that's the whole point of going, to get wasted, have a good time with fellow fans, and celebrate the Redskins

??

yeah, I sat in the top row, 400s, for the Giants game, and had a great view

I miss old RFK because it was so rowdy. Fedex is starting to capture some of that magic again but it's not the same.

It does get loud THO. This past year especially. Think fans are finally starting to be believers. One thing, I'm in club and it aggravates me to no end to see some of these slobs parked on the couch watching the game on TV. What's that about? Why not just stay home? Makes for a little less raucous old-time fun. On the bright side all these club holders enable Danny to sign all these free agents.

The stadium itself on the outside is nothing special. The inside is very nice and really has better site lines than RFK did. For example from one end zone the opposite end zone seemed like 100 miles away. At Fedex you still can get a reasonably good look.

Sec 307 Row 17

Thanks everyone, I definately can't wait. I'll buy my tickets on Ebay and I want as close to the field as I can get..I was in the 3rd row off to the left of the Redskins bench @ Seattle..AMAZING seats....the travel arrangements make me nervous though...where to stay, how close to the stadium, ect...but it will all work out, I'll come in a day or so ahead of the game....I'm already ready!

I can't get to all the games so I sell the ones I can't go to. Always make sure Redskins fans get them. Section 307 Redskins side right over the Redskins tunnel on the aisle. Sell them for my cost of $550 incl parking.

Love the place. Maybe it's that I don't get to go that many times. Maybe it's the sea of B & G present in the place. Maybe it's watching the game in person. Maybe it's just the beer. :silly:

Probably all the above. Even in losses I've had a good time there.

It's great. I been to 5 games since 98' most recent vs NYG X-mas Eve. First game was against the Giants. It a great experience. I believe if youre going to the upper level on the esculator in Gate A and you look to your left you can see RFK and the Capitol from the distance.

Archived