Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How nice is FedEx stadium?

RedskinsFanatic

Yeah FedEx sucks. The location is terrible, and the fact that they have the fans divided blows as well. Meaning you have lower level steats, then the club level (requires seat liscence) then the luxury box, then more of the cheap seats. The design sucks, I like the Linc you can see inside the stadium from I-95.

I miss old RFK because it was so rowdy. Fedex is starting to capture some of that magic again but it's not the same.

It does get loud THO. This past year especially. Think fans are finally starting to be believers. One thing, I'm in club and it aggravates me to no end to see some of these slobs parked on the couch watching the game on TV. What's that about? Why not just stay home? Makes for a little less raucous old-time fun. On the bright side all these club holders enable Danny to sign all these free agents.

The stadium itself on the outside is nothing special. The inside is very nice and really has better site lines than RFK did. For example from one end zone the opposite end zone seemed like 100 miles away. At Fedex you still can get a reasonably good look.

Sec 307 Row 17

It is really frustrating to see the club level seats mostly empty during some games... if you're there to watch the game actually go out and WATCH the game without the use of a TV. It's getting closer to an RFK-atmosphere... if anything it was the decade or so of losing that has led to the decline of all the raucousness.

If you had asked a couple years ago, people would have said, "It sucks." But, Gibbs is back and the gameday experience is back. Fed Ex is now awesome. In other words, it is absolutely amazing if you are there for a meaningful game and the place is completely packed. If you are there for the last game of the year and they are out of the playoffs, it's fun but it's nothing great. Funny how that works.

Give us another Lombardi Trophy and Fed Ex > RFK.

When we beat the Eagles on SNF under the lights and fans were screaming Eagles Suck gave me chills. Seahawks game was the closest I've had to every having a heart-attack but the Cowboys beatdown was my favorite game of the year. I had only been to Fedex 3 times before this season, I decided to save up and went to 7 of the 8 Home games and it was the ****!!! :2cents:

I have been lucky enough to sit in every tier all different sides of the stadium. Its a great place for a game. Yeah the big screens weak and yeah its a little expensive, but the one thing that really matters is the fact that you are watching your skins in person. Thats what gets you the first time you go. The stadium can get crazy loud. Those last divisonal games this year against Dallas, and New York were nuts. Once you go, youll want to go to every home game.

It is OK. If you are a smoker, you will not be able to smoke outside in the stadium air. Also there are some partial obstructions which can hinder your view. I will say that I went to the chargers game this past year and this had to be the loudest it had been in a long while. I still don't think that it really compares to RFK though. After this year though, I thought that maybe the place is on a turnaround. They did add an escalator to the upper level this past year. That was a nice addition. Although I still walked because the line for the escalator was looooooooong.

again....what are obstructed seats???

In 2004, Snyder broke down a wall on the visiting side of the stadium, lower level, and installed ten rows of seats behind the pillars that hold up the club level. These relatively new seats that are behind pillars so that the playing field is blocked are called "Obstructed View" seats by the Redskins. Redskins sell these seats for $32 this year, down from $49 in 2005 and $69 in 2004. Other seats, where only a corner of the field is blocked are called "Limited View" seats. They were $59 to $69 each last season depending on how far back they were. I don't know yet what price adjustment was made on them this season. TV screens are bolted to the ceiling in this area that show the entire field.

Archived