Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When its all said and done the best FA pickup will be...

DieHardSkinFan05

Al Saunders.. i truly believe this guy will take this offense to another level. i know it was kinda hard for joe to say he needs help.. especially when it comes to the offense. but this was a great move especially now looking at the weapons we have. clinton portis is going to really benfit from saunders stepping in as the OC. i expect the offense to be explosive and put up the numbers. im excited about seeing what this team has the potential to do next season. AL saunders was a big move...

Al Saunders.. i truly believe this guy will take this offense to another level. i know it was kinda hard for joe to say he needs help.. especially when it comes to the offense. but this was a great move especially now looking at the weapons we have. clinton portis is going to really benfit from saunders stepping in as the OC. i expect the offense to be explosive and put up the numbers. im excited about seeing what this team has the potential to do next season. AL saunders was a big move...

I am going to be bammed, slammed, baked and fried over

but Brunell will only get us as far as a championship game.

We can have all the Saunders wizardry we want, but with

Brunell, we'll never see it in a Super Bowl.

OK, slam away :rolleyes:

I am going to be bammed, slammed, baked and fried over

but Brunell will only get us as far as a championship game.

We can have all the Saunders wizardry we want, but with

Brunell, we'll never see it in a Super Bowl.

OK, slam away :rolleyes:

Care to explain why you think Brunell can't get the job done?

I've got to agree that Brunell will never get us to the SB. I see no reason to think he'll be able to last the season physically. Even if he doesn't get hurt, he'll wear down. Even Saunders depends on execution. If Brunell does start next year, which I hope won't happen (I think him valuable as a backup), I hope Saunders, unlike Gibbs, will replace him when he wears out or gets nicked up. I never want to be helpless in Seattle again. A nightmare from which I might not recover.

The switcheroo!! It's diabolically clever because Saunders is a FA in the sense that every person can be considered a FA in a certain economic context. In keeping with the spirit of the post, I submit that Joe Gibbs is easily the greatest FA pickup the Skins have had since we got that Lombardi guy back in the sixties. I also think that Randel El will have several plays in excess of 50 yards this year and may be directly responsible for two games being wins instead of losses, so I put him 2nd behind Gibbs.

I agree entirely with Saunders being our biggest aquisition.

I think Brunell could get us to a SB and win one if we improve our O-line depth. Lets not forget the immense success that Trent Green has had in KC despite having glue applied to his cleats before each play.

I think we will use A LOT of quick hitter type plays. Remember all the screens we ran last year? It seemed only Santana was able to do anything with 'em, but now with ARE we have 2 guys that can break those big and 1 who can catch the screen then throw the crossing route.

I think Saunders has much better weapons here than he had in KC, it will all depend on the o-line. If the o-line holds up then Brunell is more than capable of leading this team deep.

I've got to agree that Brunell will never get us to the SB. I see no reason to think he'll be able to last the season physically. Even if he doesn't get hurt, he'll wear down. Even Saunders depends on execution. If Brunell does start next year, which I hope won't happen (I think him valuable as a backup), I hope Saunders, unlike Gibbs, will replace him when he wears out or gets nicked up. I never want to be helpless in Seattle again. A nightmare from which I might not recover.

um? why hate on brunell everyone knows he had a pro bowl year (vick over him... please) and let me remember wasn't elway real old when we won his superbowls and real young when he lost?.. he finally had an awesome supporting cast. also rich gannon comes to mind, hell even vinny t got the jets far into the playoffs. but enough comparisons to others, brunnel had moss and cooley and thats it and we are talking about next season not how he will last 3 seasons from now. ANd i haven't even mentioned portis potential to blow up and our defense will be as dominant. Hold your reservations pre season to see if he "lost it"

Only in Washington would fans want to bench the QB who won them their first playoff game in 6 seasons.:doh:

People who are hating on Brunell should go back and watch some video of Brunell. Watch the first 14 games of the season, before he got hurt. He showed incredible accuracy, good arm strength, and decent mobility. Do you not remeber a great scramble and perfect throw against Dallas? Do you not remember a flurry of TD's against Dallas the second time around? Do you not remember his late game heroics in Denver, Kansas City, and Seattle? Watch the Sunday Night game against Philly. The whole booth was bragging on Brunell, and they were right.

Look at his TD-INT ratio. Look at his W-L record. But most importantly, try to watch him play with an unbiased eye. Too many peoples' opinions of Mark are skewed by his bad 2004 campaign and his late season performance last year (when he played hurt). When he was healthy last year, Brunell was as good as any QB in the conference. As Gibbs said, he had the best year of his career. He should have gone to the Pro-Bowl.

Well, anyhow, Im pretty sure Gibbs will make the right decision and start the old-vet. He won three Super Bowls with three different over-the-hill passers. Brunell is just the guy to win the fourth. Its only right kid.

People who are hating on Brunell should go back and watch some video of Brunell. Watch the first 14 games of the season, before he got hurt. He showed incredible accuracy, good arm strength, and decent mobility. Do you not remeber a great scramble and perfect throw against Dallas? Do you not remember a flurry of TD's against Dallas the second time around? Do you not remember his late game heroics in Denver, Kansas City, and Seattle?

Look at his TD-INT ratio. Look at his W-L record. But most importantly, try to watch him play with an unbiased eye. To many peoples' opinions of Mark are skewed by his bad 2004 campaign and his late season performance last season after the injury. When he was healthy last year, Brunell was as good as any QB in the conference. As Gibbs said, he had the best year of his career. He should have gone to the Pro-Bowl.

Well, anyhow, Im pretty sure Gibbs will make the right decision and start the old-vet. He won three Super Bowls with three different over-the-hill passers. Brunell is just the guy to win the fourth. Its only right kid.

This is a quality post. I would only like to add that, were it not for the worst 2pt conversion in football history, we would still be talking about the absolute WHUPPIN Brunell put on the Bucs' vaunted #1 defense...in their house! I don't have the numbers but I think it could be statistically the finest performance by a visiting QB in Tampa in the last 15 years. Brunell is a gamer and his teammates trust him, Period!

Edit: Statistically the numbers aren't as strong because I forgot about the 2 ints in the 1st qtr. He did rally the team with 2 tds and 200+ yds in the 2nd half.

MB had a great year... He can throw downfield, see the open man, make the vet decision to throw it away, and still scramble for a 1st. He is also a team leader. He has integrity and a lite side in the huddle. The guy is a leader.

The reason the playoffs were offensively unproductive was addressed in free agency. If he has the time, he will run up some big numbers! Who couldn't with the talent that is on this roster now.

CP has got to be the happiest man to see the opportunity to run up big yards as the holes will be there now. I hope he reaches 2K yards... I would sense that he may benefit as much from the WR spreading the field, as anybody, but now catching a dump pass offers some wide open spaces.

MB can throw the bomb! Look at the tape! He can lead a team...He won't loose the game and will be cool. He deserves our respect. He earned it.

lloyd and randle el will get the press and gaudy stats.. carter and archuleta will make big plays. but the guy who will quietly make the biggest difference will be

FAURIA

he will block and get portis around the edge.

he will be the safety valve that brunell can find

unlike royal, he will keep brunell from being clobbered from his blind side by blitzers and portis won't get his shoulders destroyed from having to pick up flying linebackers

he will make the tough catch in traffic and won't drop the ball

think how valuable donnie warren was to the entire skin offense.. that is who we are getting in fauria

If he is our QB by playoff time, I WANT to be 100% wrong.

But there will be no lack of reciever excuses this time.

May the better QB in preseason win the starting job.

:applause:

how does a FA thread turn into a mark brunell thread? i dont know.... :whoknows:

anyway, ive watched the brandon llyod highlight video probably 4 times now and ive got to go with him. if you havent seen it, its the first thread on the page. check it out. i think he has major potential. :D

Archived