Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giants Fan Question about Redskins Fans Worries About Salary Cap

Manning2Plax4six

No. Most team capologists are just not very good. In this day and age, a good capologist is just as important as a GM or Head Coach.

The cap is like a math problem. Some people are good at math, some are not.

The capologist hired by the Redskins is very very good at math.

There are no shady deals, no illegal tweaking, and no broken rules.

Just 1 guy or team of guys, who are very very good at what they do. What they do is manage the cap.

We haven't signed any "big names".

I agree. We didn't sign people like TO or Bentley. We brought in guys that fill holes. Royal was inconsistent and an average blocker so we signed Fauria. Jacobs and Thrash couldn't combine to creat a second WR so we signed Randle-El and Lloyd. Clark was good and I don't mean any disrespect, but Archuleta is a nice upgrade. We needed help with the pass-rush and we signed Carter.

Like I said...we filled holes. We still have filling to do, but that is for depth. All in all, we are in no way fielding an all-star team. Just players who know football.

We have not made the same mistake that we made in the past by signing big names people like Deion and Bruce Smith who were well past their prime. Everybody, with the exception of Collins and Fuaria, should be entering their prime.

Signing all theese big name players to massavie contracts is gonna come back and kick you in the a**. Drives me insanes to see the giants playing conservative and you guys making a frieken all star team.

If they were players approaching the end of their string I would. Most of them are just starting to peak.

I agree. We didn't sign people like TO or Bentley. We brought in guys that fill holes. Royal was inconsistent and an average blocker so we signed Fauria. Jacobs and Thrash couldn't combine to creat a second WR so we signed Randle-El and Lloyd. Clark was good and I don't mean any disrespect, but Archuleta is a nice upgrade. We needed help with the pass-rush and we signed Carter.

Like I said...we filled holes. We still have filling to do, but that is for depth. All in all, we are in no way fielding an all-star team. Just players who know football.

We have not made the same mistake that we made in the past by signing big names people like Deion and Bruce Smith who were well past their prime. Everybody, with the exception of Collins and Fuaria, should be entering their prime.

Good post Kenzo.

By signing Randle El we also acquired on of the best punt returners in the league. I don't think my heart (or Joe's) could take anymore Antonio Brown.

We haven't signed any "big names".

Thats one mistake a lot of people are making. We have signed a couple of guys to fill our needs but we havent signed "big names". Its not like we signed Terrell Owens, traded our first pick next year for John Abraham, and signed Willie McGinest.

As far as I am concerned, none of our FA pick-ups so far have been "big names". None of the receivers has ever had a 1,000 yard season, and Carter has only had one season with more than 7 sacks.

But, hey, its the Redskins and Dan Snyder so I guess we are signing all the big name free agents.

Signing all theese big name players to massavie contracts is gonna come back and kick you in the a**. Drives me insanes to see the giants playing conservative and you guys making a frieken all star team.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's truely funny that the media and fans of other teams have been saying that our signings will will come back to bite (cap hell) us in the arse for a few seasons now.

Has it happened................... has it ?

Don't hold your breath, you could wind up as blue as the giants unis :silly:

hey youngin, stop asking so many questions or threads, i dont think im mad 4 threads in a week and u did so in 1 hr. read and stop askin questions that have been asked 1 million times.

hahahahaha "hey youngin"...I love it

I tell you what this guy sounds like,....every other fan of any other team in the league that is constantly telling us we are going to fall on our A** becuase of the cap...Snyder is too good...just give it up:gaintsuck:gaintsuck:gaintsuck

Every year we hear we're gonna be in cap hell...the Skins even had a plan if it stayed at 94 million..all those restructures were voided under the new CBA..

the media pundits need to realize that the Skins front office is making them look completely friggin stupid like they truly are.

So then they have to make unproven false accusations, that's how dumb they look. and then they get pissed at this message board which proves them more stupid every day.

Why does it drive you "insanes" if you know it is going to come back and haunt us?

The Giants had their big FA last year, let them have theirs. With any luck we'll have as large of an improvement this year as the 'skins did last year with their limited role in FA.

Archived