Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SI: Peter King's MMQ: Refuses to admit he was wrong

eparks11

Guest santana4prez

King is a idiot. Its one thing to talk about the Skins signings before Gibbs , but to diss a HOF coach is just fkin wrong.

Guys, I realize that most of you are emotionally charged about the Skins and those that don't see things as you do. That said, is "we'll see" really a bad comeback? Snyder has been doing the same thing for years and it's provided very little in the way of production and even less in the way of playoff appearances.

I'm not going to bash the signings, altho the $$ is rediculous with regards to the players' production, but I would think that anyone in their right mind is not going to suggest that the Redskins have done anything different than they usually do.

It looks great in the Spring, "we'll see" how all of this pans-out in the Fall.

And if you found out that the Archuleta deal is more like 10 million for 3 years (that's including bonus) what would you say? I'd bet Randle-El's contract is similar.

Skins went to the playoffs last year (and if not for an injured QB might have gone all the way.) How is that not "anything different than they usually do." If you PRETEND last year didn't happen and that MOss and Portis didn't set team records last season, maybe you'd have a point.

But as usual, you try to appear 'objective' while being nothing but emotionally charged yourself.

Ummm, Question to the board:

What are you doing reading SI to begin with?

Do you honestly think that the same dope who rails against Art Monk every year and personally tries his best to keep him out of Canton, is going to ever say anything positive about the Skins??

Please boycott SI.......

SI...bunch of f#@%ing idiots. I remember last year when they said Carolina was going to be in the SB and the Redskins were going to be something ridiculous like 1-15. Not sure if that was the actual prediction (it was from someone) but it was pretty damn low.

And if you found out that the Archuleta deal is more like 10 million for 3 years (that's including bonus) what would you say? I'd bet Randle-El's contract is similar.

Skins went to the playoffs last year (and if not for an injured QB might have gone all the way.) How is that not "anything different than they usually do." If you PRETEND last year didn't happen and that MOss and Portis didn't set team records last season, maybe you'd have a point.

But as usual, you try to appear 'objective' while being nothing but emotionally charged yourself.

Last season was nice for you. Not sure about the injured QB situation, I suppose I could say the same about the Giants LBrs. They did start 2 street FAs one of which was acquired in the last 2 weeks of the season.

Sorry to disappoint, I am very objective and if you were as well, you'd agree. All opposing fans are not the same and I would agree that all Skins posters are not as blinded by the kool-aid as many here seem to be.

From his mailbag:

MORE REDSKINS SUPPORT, THIS TIME FROM NEW YORK. From Anthony of New York City: "Mr. King, I love your work and I mean no disrespect, but why do you and other media figures criticize the Redskins free agent moves? Every year it's the same thing, that they spend too much money, that the players they get are overrated. I know Snyder is not a loveable figure, but don't you think that the Redskins improved greatly last year. They have had some good offseason moves in recent years (Washington, Griffin, the Moss trade worked out well and Portis is a good, hard-nosed RB. ) They've hired good coaches. They have been running pretty smooth since Gibbs returned. So why would you say that they are out of their minds for getting two young receivers in Lloyd and Randle El. Maybe you don't agree, but it seems like they have a plan. Don't you think an organization being run by a hall of fame coach deserves the respect to see how these moves play out before calling the team's decisions this offseason 'crazy?'"

We'll see.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/03/14/peter/1.html

I'd like to see if that homo has a degree in Accounting, Finance, or Budget. Oh, that's right he doesn't.

I fail to see how a journalism degree qualifies him as a Budget Analyst.

Did he seriously try to pump up Cory Raymer? The guy hasn't been productive since Norv Turner was our head coach. Outside of Brunell, he is the singlemost reason we lost the Seattle game. The way he kept getting blown back off the line of scrimmage as if he were some wide reciever trying to play guard was embarrassing. It was like the dude had never done squats or anything to strengthen his base in his life!

King is just another fat phuck in the media that shouldn't even be writing. He always has some stupid hype and a list of things that "he thinks he thinks" (does he even know?) and one consistent...he hates the Skins loves the Colts and about any other team that is not Washington.

Additionally I don't care about his fat daughter in college or what type of gay coffee he likes. He adds all this crap to his articles thinking that people care about it. You would think that a man with such a serious weight problem would be a bit more humble. Since SI can no longer be objective (I haven't subscribed to them in about a decade) they need to hire some new blood.

god, that guy is such a jerk. some guy writes a paragraph, and the professional writer gives him two words. I hope someone punches him in the face

Nothing, I mean nothing would be sweeter . . .then a PUNCH right in his face.

that is down right disrespectful, how could he have that kind of reply to a thought out and sincere comment. . .

I wonder if Peter King saw how many sacks Corey Raymer gave up when the guy ahead of him on the depth chart who happened to be almost 90 years old went down against Seattle.

:laugh:

I don't wanna bash Cory Raymer because he was pretty good during his first run here in Washington but he STUNK in the playoffs when Ray Brown went out... :doh:

Once again a perfect example to back up that the media hates the Redskins. Why would you doubt a hall of fame coach that has won three super bowl titles, I just don't understand. I am glad someone will back us up. I know if given the chance on TV we all would. Great post, eparks11

Peter King is the same moron who says he "knew" Drew Brees was going to sign with Miami, and is shocked, SHOCKED, that Brees signed w/ NO. King will never admit when he's wrong, and will never admit his prejudice against Joe Gibbs and Dan Snyder.

SI - Paying attention? Tomorrow I will be calling you to cancel my subscription for one reason only . . . Peter King.

To paraphrase another poster on this board . . .

BOYCOTT SI.

He and Len Pastabelly are ridiculous. They've both screamed "cap hell" in the media since 2000 for Washington. 6 years later and we're still as aggressive as ever. The cap can be worked to perfection if you have an owner willing to eat money on the back end of contracts for players no longer on the team. Dan Snyder wants to win and help his team more than he wants the extra 20 mil a yr he loses on dead contracts. Cheers to him! It also helps the Skins land FA players when they are willing to give 1/3 of the contract in up-front sign on bonuses. That's the part Snyder eats a few years down the road. It's a blessing to the players because it's the only part of their NFL contract that's guaranteed. Most teams cut a player and he loses most of what's left on the deal.

Dan Snyder is a shrewd businessman, but is very willing to blow cash for his team's success. I'm as proud of him as I ever was of Jack Kent Cooke. He's a fan's DREAM owner. (never thought I'd have said that 6yrs ago :)

I'm already cancelled from SI for 3yrs now. Dumping ESPN The Mag tomorrow...

Nothing, I mean nothing would be sweeter . . .then a PUNCH right in his face.

that is down right disrespectful, how could he have that kind of reply to a thought out and sincere comment. . .

Hey, what are the chances the mods can get us a smilie punching Peter King's face??

Mods??

:D

From his mailbag:

MORE REDSKINS SUPPORT, THIS TIME FROM NEW YORK. From Anthony of New York City: "Mr. King, I love your work and I mean no disrespect, but why do you and other media figures criticize the Redskins free agent moves? Every year it's the same thing, that they spend too much money, that the players they get are overrated. I know Snyder is not a loveable figure, but don't you think that the Redskins improved greatly last year. They have had some good offseason moves in recent years (Washington, Griffin, the Moss trade worked out well and Portis is a good, hard-nosed RB. ) They've hired good coaches. They have been running pretty smooth since Gibbs returned. So why would you say that they are out of their minds for getting two young receivers in Lloyd and Randle El. Maybe you don't agree, but it seems like they have a plan. Don't you think an organization being run by a hall of fame coach deserves the respect to see how these moves play out before calling the team's decisions this offseason 'crazy?'"

We'll see.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/03/14/peter/1.html

he trashes us all the time but if you watched 1 hr with joe gibbs he was kissing his but. peter king is a fraud :2cents:

Archived