Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like the 3 WR offense is back!!!!

NVskinsfan

With Moss, Randel El and Lloyd/Patten as the #3, there will be a BIG need to field all 3 WRs. Jacobs will be cut loose and Thrash should be #4 and Farris #5...I think that should be enough (Sweet talent)!!!

Look forward to a decent offense threat and with the Capital Defense..The Skinz will and should be in every game this year!!!! :helmet: :D

• 4 weeks later...

Now that I think about it though, I wonder about these guy's blocking ability. You know that Gibbs likes to play smash mouth football. I doubt that Al Saunders is going to change that. So can these WRs block or will our offense be so vanilla so that if we have them in there then its gotta be a pass, and Run Otherwise??

Saunders likes to run out of the 3 wide reciever set. The Cheifs use that formation just about all the time, and then switch to a power I formation for short yardage I believe. I think Antwan Randle El is a decent blocker, you pretty much have to be to play wide reciever in Pitt...and we have all seen Thrash's blocking ability, that and his special teams play have pretty much ensured him a roster spot under Coach Gibbs. Brandon Lloyd and Patten, I'm not too sure about. And all Santana needs to do is run a fade route and he'll have the cornerback on his side and the safety, and maybe a linebacker, turning and running with him. That's all the blocking we need out of Santana...he's on the field to make big the big plays.

And all Santana needs to do is run a fade route and he'll have the cornerback on his side and the safety, and maybe a linebacker, turning and running with him. That's all the blocking we need out of Santana...he's on the field to make big the big plays.

Same goes for ARE. I suspect that ARE is going to be our #2a and Llyod our #2b.

Regardless of how Llyod blocks, it has got to be better than the Jacobs, Patten, Farris trio that occupied that spot last year.

Same goes for ARE. I suspect that ARE is going to be our #2a and Llyod our #2b.

Regardless of how Llyod blocks, it has got to be better than the Jacobs, Patten, Farris trio that occupied that spot last year.

Nah, I disgaree. ARE's big plays are nowhere near Moss's big plays (at least for now).

With Moss, Randel El and Lloyd/Patten as the #3, there will be a BIG need to field all 3 WRs. Jacobs will be cut loose and Thrash should be #4 and Farris #5.. :D

Thrash will make the squad due to his teams play plus the fact that he's a decent backup receiver. And you are correct that Jacobs may be cut, but I don't think there's any way Farris would make the squad over Jacobs.

I dont think that the 3 WR set will be the starting 1st down offense more than 50% of the time. Not until our O line gets better and we have Randy Thomas back at 100%

Even with the addition of Randle-El, and Lloyd this is still a run first offense. Mind you that they will use 3 WR sets to stretch the field, just as was done in KC, but you still need Fauria and Cooley in there for blocking and pass protection.

i agree with oldskool, i don't think we're gonna get happy with the 3 reciever set and use it all the time. we'll definitely take advantage of the fact that we can do that now, but i still think the run is a big part of our offense, especially with portis and he'll get as many touches as the recievers get passes.

I dont like to think of things as 3 WR sets and stuff... because in kansas, Saunders did us alot of the 3 set, but his plays were different and he rarely repeated things... so what im going to say is that in those 3 WR sets, ARE wont be in it as much as you think, hes great, but hes a versatile WR. I think Gibbs and co. are making a hybrid thing out of him since he can play pretty much anything but lineman on offense... personally i think patten is better than everyone thinks and he is most definetly well polished. now what would be an amazing play is a trick play with ARE rolling to the right to pass to S Taylor going deep while everyone rolls the coverage off ST. :silly:

With Moss, Randel El and Lloyd/Patten as the #3, there will be a BIG need to field all 3 WRs. Jacobs will be cut loose and Thrash should be #4 and Farris #5...I think that should be enough (Sweet talent)!!!

Look forward to a decent offense threat and with the Capital Defense..The Skinz will and should be in every game this year!!!! :helmet: :D

Jacobs isn't going anywhere, we need someone to use up the overabundance of supply of bandaids we purchased for his use. Besides he is pretty decent on special teams.

jacobs is the biggest, most physical receiver we have. plus he is a flyer, he ran track at florida and was an all american i believe. the coaches rave about how great he is in practice but he sucks when he gets on the field

It's been a long, long, long, long time since FLA for Jacobs. And a year from now, the Redskins will seem line ancient history to him. He has done absolutely nothing here to endear himself to the coaching staff, and there's no way he stays with the stable of WR's we have now.

Archived