Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Since We Were Reliving Last Offseason & Santana Moss...

How about reliving how it felt watching him explode for the first time in a Skins uniform??...

Posts from the first gameday thread against Dallas last season (no names, just reactions):

"Larry Michale just said that Gibbs has never had a shut out."

Well hes gonna have 1 tonight isnt he!

Wow. We've actually figured out a way to make losing to the Cowpukes worse - getting shut out.

my loyalty to this team has never been so tested. Good night

Going to bed. I bet tomorrow we are going to hear Gibbs on how smart Brunell is. One of the most depressing nights of my life....

i see a pulse, a really distant faint one, but its still maybe a pulse on the O

OMG! HOw did that happen?

Wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Td!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy crap, we scored.

TD!!!!!!!!!!! no shutout!!!

TOUCHDOWN!! Ibet they didn't see that coming...I didn't!!!

Hahaha that defies belief. I'll eat a ****ing turd.

Great.. NOW GIBBS WELL START HIM ALL SEASON!

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!! GO Scott brunell!!!! maybe there is still hope....

The late score against a prevent D. Just enough to make the final score actually look as though we were ever in the game....and justify yet another week of Brunell. Great.

Don't get baited into thinking we can come back. That's the typical Redskins switch and bait. A glimmer of hope only to get burned yet again in the end. We're all way too familiar with it.

4th and 15...TD. 14-13 F im calling it now

Well fellas it all comes down to this

Here we go, one more shot, with about 85 yards to go, i guess

I hate it when they do this to me...they make me think there's still a chance and then break my heart by losing...again...

in a weird twist of fate, we're the ones that have been on the other end of this score in an exact scenario, just to have the w snatched away from us. perhaps, this is the only way for us to get the monkey off.

80 yards from waking up everyone in this condo

They got to go 80 yards in 2:52.

We can do it.....Will we????

here goes nothing....

Yesssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wowwwwwwwww!!!!!!

Hell yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh My God!!!

Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg

are you f'n kidding me

Touchdown!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh my god. oh my god. oh my god. oh my EFFING god!

Un****ing Believable!!!

NO Freaking WAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOUCHDOWN WASHINGTON REDSKINS!!!!!!!!!!

Ho - lee- sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am going to piss my pants!!!!!!!!!

Go Scott Brunell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy Sh** Santana

jesus i just creamed myself

HOLY F@#$ing S&$T 14-13 i am gonna crap my pants, brunell got switched after the 3rd with his evil twin scott and scott is kickin *****

You have gotta be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't believe it... just can't believe it... we were so OUT of this game!

TOUCHDOWN ****ES!!!!

that was such an awesome night. I was so pissed off and disappointed. I had to be at work at 5am, so I was looking for the remote to turn it off and go to bed. Luckily for me, my daughter hid it, and I'm one of those idiots who will search for it for 2 hours instead of turning the tv off manually, but I am so happy I did not turn it off. I saw the most memorable comeback I have ever seen them make, and it was amazing. I'm willing to bet more than 50% of skins fans watching missed the final minutes from turning it off.

I was in a hotel near Denver's airport using their Internet in a room just off the lobby where the game was on. At 13-0 midway through the fourth I had a message ready to go basically crucifying this team. Then 4th and 15 happened and I thought, well maybe I shouldn't hit submit just yet.

Even after the win there were still long threads on here about how the comeback was a mirage and that Brunell wouldn't be able to get it done. I'll admit I had my doubts. But then sitting in the stands (after a long bye week!)as the offense began to fire on all cylinders against Seattle, I was like "Where the hell has this been?"

I was fustrated becuase we were doing nothing that whole game and thought this season was gonna suck...again. So I went to bed. I woke up at 6:20 Pm and the Redskins-Cowboys Highlights were on and I saw Santana Moss hauling a bomb over Terrance Newman and Roy Williams heads, I was like"Atleast we scored..." Then i saw the exact same thing again and it looked like It was a diffrent play....I was like "Ok...whats the score" slightly getting an idea that we might of won...

Stuart Scott: Final Score, Cowboys 13 Redskins 14

Me: HOLY ************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just before the 1st score I was laying in bed and I littterally had my finger on the off button for the remote. Once Brunell hit Moss I dropped the remote and thought, "Okay this just became a little more interesting." When he hit Moss on the 80 yarder...I kicked off the covers and jumper out of bed in 1 motion...I didn't scream because waking up a 1 year old wouldn't have been a pretty event in the house. I didn't fall asleep until almost 2am watching every highlight show I could.

I'm not sure I could have had a better viewing experience unless I were in Texas Stadium to witness it.

There was a group of us out to a local sports bar, and I had made a wager with a friend of mine who is (unfortunately) a Dallas fan. So we're sitting in the main room of the bar and there are about 50 Skins fans and 50 Cowboy fans, but the skins fans are split in half by the group of cowboys fans.

Gradually over the course of the evening, Skins fans are trickling out, and the Cowboy fans are getting more and more boisterous, and taunting the remaining Skins fans. With about 5 mins left in the game there are about 15 Skins fans still watching and things look just bleak.

After the first touchdown there was some mild cheering for saving some face at least, but after the kickoff return the Dallas fans were right back in our face. Then all of a sudden that last glorious touchdown pass and the 15 or 20 of us still left might as well have blown the roof off of that bar as loud as we got. Running around, slapping high fives, hugs... turning around and taunting the shell-shocked Cowboy fans.

I only wish I could have gotten a picture of that group of them after the second touchdown, never has a sadder look been seen. It was priceless.

I'm pissed off. I turned it off immediately following Brunell being sacked for a loss for 20 something yards. Of course, the next play he scrambled 20 yards, and the play after that, boom, redskins history.

Life sucks :(

On the bright side, I learned my lesson to never quit till it's over.

Another part of those last few minutes of the game some people overlook is that punishing hit Sean Taylor put on the Dallas receiver that caused that fumble, which pretty much sealed the game for us.

No matter how many times I watch that, I get a big grin on my face.

What a great memory!!!!

Over the years, I had trained myself to watch every 'Skins game from start to finish. It was often quite painful. QUITE PAINFUL! During the Spurrier years, that was starting to wane. I would turn games off. But when Gibbs returned, I made a point to start doing it again....

But after Gibbs v2.0, I was admittetdly hestitant.....

Then we're in Gibbs v2.1.... we squeaked out the game vs. the Bears. Gibbs had gone with the UNIMAGINABLE decision of starting Brunell over Ramsey. I thought we were doomed.... DOOMED!!!!!!

Our game vs. the 'Boys in Texas Stadium had been a typical performance pulled from our last 10 years history. The 'Skins getting embarrassed......

I was keeping with my renewed tradition, watching every game from start to finish (in honor of Gibbs), but my resolve was SEVERELY TESTED! The TV was on, but I wasn't really paying attention to it anymore. My desk with PC is setup right near the living room PC, so I had the TV tuned to the game, and a page open to ExtremeSkins, but another window open looking at one of the numerous message boards that I participate in.... I mean, c'mon! We were getting completely dominated! Our defense was keeping the Cowboys from running away with it, but our Offense couldn't generate JACK!!!!!!

Then the 1st touchdown..... I actually had turned to watch it as it happened because of Michael's "Brunell doing deep...." statement....

...and I caught the 1st TD pass. But at the same time, I was like, "Whatever.... we're still down by 7...."

But I started paying a little closer attention, and watched the next series.....

OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......what can I say???? There was no feeling in the world to describe it!!!!!

......but!!!!!!! The Cowboys pulled that MONSTER return!!!!! They were in EXCELLENT field position. All they needed to do was advance, like what? 15 yards or so to be in field goal range?

Then the Sean Taylor hit......

WOW! F'in WOW!

I'm sure I woke up all of my neighbors singing (YELLING!) the Redskin's Fight Song....

I was nervous as hell untill that hit on crayton came. I knew we had it up, but we just scored two TDs in the final 5 minutes, what was stopping Dallas from scoring again? It'd just happened...they could still do it.

Then Crayton caught the ball and began to pass (or did pass) the first down marker. He was going to make it. If they made that, they won the game is what ran through my mind. My heart sank, then Taylor came and totally laid the wood on Crayton. It was like pure revenge. Crayton won the game in the final seconds last year by beating Taylor. Taylor won the game in the final seconds by beating Crayton.

Here is how I remember that game... with pics of being there on the sidelines and the pressbox courtesy of the Redskins. Nothing will beat running on the field immediately afterwards and giving a big THANK YOU and bear-hug to Renaldo Wynn who was even more jacked up about the win than me and Art were. By far, the best memory of my life next to watching the Redskins win three Superbowls.

Click here for pics

Click here for Art's game blog

I was fustrated becuase we were doing nothing that whole game and thought this season was gonna suck...again. So I went to bed. I woke up at 6:20 Pm and the Redskins-Cowboys Highlights were on and I saw Santana Moss hauling a bomb over Terrance Newman and Roy Williams heads, I was like"Atleast we scored..." Then i saw the exact same thing again and it looked like It was a diffrent play....I was like "Ok...whats the score" slightly getting an idea that we might of won...

Stuart Scott: Final Score, Cowboys 13 Redskins 14

Me: HOLY ************************!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually it was over Terry Glenn and the so-called great Roy Williams.

:dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck :dallasuck

Archived