Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Patrick you deserve whatever good fortune comes your way - GOOD LUCK!

318 SKIN

With the news that PR might be traded it made me sit back and think about his time with the Skins. If you take all the emotion out of the whole PR experience beginning with Spurrier and ending with Gibbs. From his 1st action against the Titans to the benching againist the Bears. I think everyone would agree that this was not normally the way you bring along a young QB. I'm not saying he would have been successful, but I will say this. If I would have had a cystal ball when PR was drafted and it said this is how his career would go for the next 4 yrs - I would have said w/o a doubt he would have failed. Given the dysfunction he had to endure, it's amazing he was as successful as he was! I for one hope that he has a long successful career as a starting QB in the NFL.

Regards,

318 SKIN

I will remember two things distinctly about PR.

1) His first ever appearance against the Titans. I remember how impressed I was about his toughness. He faced the blitz without blinking. He looked like a vet on his first day.

2) His last appearance as a Skin. Steps up and just about wins us the game vs NY.

He was very classy and I wish him all the best. I won't be surprised if he finds himself somewhere that he fits very nicely into. He just wasn't fit for our system with Gibbs.

Go Gettem PR (just take it easy on us if you have to)

1) His first ever appearance against the Titans. I remember how impressed I was about his toughness. He faced the blitz without blinking. He looked like a vet on his first day.

2) His last appearance as a Skin. Steps up and just about wins us the game vs NY.

He was very classy and I wish him all the best. I won't be surprised if he finds himself somewhere that he fits very nicely into. He just wasn't fit for our system with Gibbs.

I remember his bullet arm, too. It was so good that it was all the announcers could talk about. Then he kept making big plays on 3rd downs. I'm gonna miss him.

Aditionally, he kept getting jerked by Spurrier. He'd start one week, then et pulled. He got hit so often that I'm surprised he's not injured. He just had a bad run here, not all of it is his fault. AND NEVER ONCE PUBLICLY COMPLAINED. I respect him as a man and think he deserves to leave and hopefully go someplace where he can reach his full potential.

Its funny how I don't feel so upset about him leaving and it irks the life out of me over Arrington. I always supported and cheered for Patrick. It was just easy to see that this team had become Brunell's. I just hope Brunell can keep the magic for one more year. Good luck Ramsey!

With the news that PR might be traded it made me sit back and think about his time with the Skins. If you take all the emotion out of the whole PR experience beginning with Spurrier and ending with Gibbs. From his 1st action against the Titans to the benching againist the Bears. I think everyone would agree that this was not normally the way you bring along a young QB. I'm not saying he would have been successful, but I will say this. If I would have had a cystal ball when PR was drafted and it said this is how his career would go for the next 4 yrs - I would have said w/o a doubt he would have failed. Given the dysfunction he had to endure, it's amazing he was as successful as he was! I for one hope that he has a long successful career as a starting QB in the NFL.

Regards,

318 SKIN

Well said! :applause: Agreed! Good Luck Patrick, wherever you may go. You were not given a fair shake, in my book & Spurrier's 9 WR sets were brutal & destroyed your career as a Redskin. That's too bad, cuz I really liked you in a Redskins uni. Good luck & thank you for being the class act that you were. Even when you were being benched & you felt like it was unfair, you were classy in the media. :thumbsup: I wish you the best!

:cheers:

It is sad to see Patrick go. It is amazing how time flies - one moment, I am watching Patrick throw balls all over the play, beating the Titans and looking like our next hero, and the next, he is about to be traded. I am not sure if Patrick does or doesn't have "it," but I do wish him the best of luck. I really, REALLY tought PR was going to be The Man - he just seemed to have the qualities.

It is sad...but, it will be good to see how our Jason Campbell develops as well. I just hope in four years I am not sitting here writing a post such as this about J.C.

Good luck, Patrick - I hope you light them up! (Except when you play us...)

Archived