Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins close to re-signing Clark...

wilbur58z

Well that just made my night. Clark had a heck of a season and is really blossoming in GW's defense. Not to mention he a great guy.

I also think that signing Archuleta would be a good move. With the way Williams would like to use his safeties, there would be enough playing time for everyone. And Archuleta never reached his potential in STL, but that team has been a mess. He has a ton of talent and I think he could be a playmaker in our defense.

We're signing both Clark and Archuleta (or at least trying to)...I have no idea why people keep thinking it's either/or.

Clark was pretty unimpressive in the playoffs and don't think he's as rated high around the league as people seem to think he is.

He's very small for a strong safety and it showed when he got steamrolled a few times in the playoffs.

He's great as a back-up, which is why we're likely re-signing him, but there's room for an upgrade there and it's easy to think that Williams is a huge fan of Archuleta because he seems to a GW type player.

Plus, it may not seem like a big deal now, but Taylor's situation is a huge question mark and will become a much bigger issue as the trial approaches.

The possibility of resigning Clark is good to see. In the WP today, it explained that the Skins plan on resigning Clark, Rock, and Royal. Its great to see this team keep the core together since all three of those guys seem to be very well liked in the locker room. The team has been negotiating with Demetric Evans as well.

HTTR!!! :logo:

We're signing both Clark and Archuleta (or at least trying to)...I have no idea why people keep thinking it's either/or.

Clark was pretty unimpressive in the playoffs and don't think he's as rated high around the league as people seem to think he is.

He's very small for a strong safety and it showed when he got steamrolled a few times in the playoffs.

He's great as a back-up, which is why we're likely re-signing him, but there's room for an upgrade there and it's easy to think that Williams is a huge fan of Archuleta because he seems to a GW type player.

Plus, it may not seem like a big deal now, but Taylor's situation is a huge question mark and will become a much bigger issue as the trial approaches.

Do you really want to put that much money into the safety spot? AA is not going to come too cheap IMO.

This will help alot. This way can keep Clark and add Archuleta for depth. Does the team let Stoutmire leave as a unrestricted free agent or try to resign him?

Good question....I haven't seen anything about them trying to re-sign Stoutmire, who is a bit up there in age. I remember the team said he was primarily signed to be a special teams player last year because he used to be with the Giants and was a guy they always had to account for when he was on the Giants special teams. But he ended up playing a lot of safety for the Redskins because of all the injuries we had there last year.

My guess is that by maybe adding Archuleta, they'll feel comfortable bringing in a rookie developmental safety whom they can bring along. Because they'll have plenty of experience at safety otherwise. Which means Stoutmire might not be brought back.

Do you really want to put that much money into the safety spot? AA is not going to come too cheap IMO.

Clark was the one who wasn't expensive.

And, yes, I do think Williams wants an upgrade at SS and they will put some money in to do so.

But Archuleta's not going to get a gigantic deal....probably a $6-7 million signing bonus.

Archived