Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reminisce...The Notorious B.I.G.

twenty-eight

I won't attempt to compare. I was just trying to make the point that just because someone is dead, does not mean they are worthy of being honored.

Hmmm, yes, good work, AbleDanger. It does appear that you have uncovered the secret point of this thread: "all dead people deserve to be honored".

Cut twenty-eight some slack. (He/she?) enjoys Biggie's music and is just expressing that, not raising a statue somewhere in Biggie's honor...

...it is true that some 'kids' know more about Biggie than Malcolm or Martin (or the Honorable Marcus Garvey) and some know Art Monk's stats better than they know their times tables...and some know more about Star Trek or McDonald's sandwiches than they do about American history but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread...

The problem I have with a lot of you young people, you have no idea who to honor. What did he do besides make music? All he was was an entertainer. Nothing more, nothing less.

You realize that we are on a message board devoted to grown trying to move a piece of pigskin over an imaginary line, right???

:laugh:

That's very true. I have a nephew that could write the biographies of some rappers, but can't even get passing grades and I don't believe he's alone.

OH!! so now rappers are the reason your nephew is stupid ... I get it it :doh: (I'm sure your nephew isn't stupid but you get my point)

I've said it before and I'm saying it again ... PARENTING determines the outcome of a child not entertainers. The reason your nephew looks up to rappers is because he doesn't have anyone in his family to look up to.

I've listened to rap my whole life and I have never committed a crime, held a gun, and I was able to graduate college. This was because my parents were there every step of the way no matter how hard it was for them to do.

Entertainers entertain and Parents should well be parents. It is not a rappers job to be a roll model for any child and its silly to blame them when they are a bad one.

Again this is a Notorious B.I.G APPRECIATION thread. If you didn't like him so much either click on another thread or start a "I HATE Notorious B.I.G because my nephew can't get passing grades" thread

Hmmm, yes, good work, AbleDanger. It does appear that you have uncovered the secret point of this thread: "all dead people deserve to be honored".

Would you honor Adolf Hitler? I don't think most people really believe that to be true.

Cut twenty-eight some slack. (He/she?) enjoys Biggie's music and is just expressing that, not raising a statue somewhere in Biggie's honor...

There were referrences made by others to "honoring" Biggie. I had an opinion about both Biggie and his music. This was the right thread to voice that opinion.

...it is true that some 'kids' know more about Biggie than Malcolm or Martin (or the Honorable Marcus Garvey) and some know Art Monk's stats better than they know their times tables...and some know more about Star Trek or McDonald's sandwiches than they do about American history but I'm not sure what that has to do with this thread...

I don't think McDonald's or Star Trek ever killed anyone for crack. I doubt Art Monk ever did either. Yeah...some of the topics here are a bit lighter than past crack dealers turned rap stars.

Would you honor Adolf Hitler? I don't think most people really believe that to be true.

There were referrences made by others to "honoring" Biggie. I had an opinion about both Biggie and his music. This was the right thread to voice that opinion.

I don't think McDonald's or Star Trek ever killed anyone for crack. I doubt Art Monk ever did either. Yeah...some of the topics here are a bit lighter than past crack dealers turned rap stars.

1. Please re-read my quote to which you responded "Would you honor Adolf Hitler?" Take your time...

2. I think you overstate what was implied by "honoring" Biggie -- the folks on the board don't even know him and haven't praised his character, his life, etc., they just like his music

3. I'm sure that those who posted in this thread would, like you, condemn drug dealing and try to restrict their admiration to his rhyming skills

4. To concur with ArmChairRedskin, we do see you AbleDanger

5. I'm outta (posting in) this thread...I'm off to lighter fare...hmmm, what's a good WV joke...?

I wasn't a fan of Biggie until after he died. One day I was driving with a friend to New Orleans and he played the whole Ready to Die album. That was so beautiful.

Its like somebody said earlier, he wasn't rapping with words, he was sending you pictures. Yould just see these scenes that he was describing. I thought it was great.

But I'm surprised that I haven't heard about Suicicial Thoughts. That was something that I liked because I thought it was like a camera shot inside of the mind of a drug dealer / gangsta. I thought it was a beautiful song.

...Naw you wouldn't understand ("n-word", talk to me please)

You see its kinda like the crack did to Pookie, in New Jack

Except when I cross over, there ain't no comin' back

Should I die on the train track, like Remo in Beatstreet

People at the funeral frontin' like they miss me

My baby momma kissed me but she glad I'm gone

She knew me and her sista had somethin' goin' on

I reach my peak, I can't speak,

call my "n-word" Chic, tell him that my will is weak.

I'm sick of niggas lyin', I'm sick of ****es hawkin',

matter of fact, I'm sick of talkin'.

Guest sith lord
OH!! so now rappers are the reason your nephew is stupid ... I get it it :doh: (I'm sure your nephew isn't stupid but you get my point)

I've said it before and I'm saying it again ... PARENTING determines the outcome of a child not entertainers. The reason your nephew looks up to rappers is because he doesn't have anyone in his family to look up to.

I've listened to rap my whole life and I have never committed a crime, held a gun, and I was able to graduate college. This was because my parents were there every step of the way no matter how hard it was for them to do.

Entertainers entertain and Parents should well be parents. It is not a rappers job to be a roll model for any child and its silly to blame them when they are a bad one.

Again this is a Notorious B.I.G APPRECIATION thread. If you didn't like him so much either click on another thread or start a "I HATE Notorious B.I.G because my nephew can't get passing grades" thread

You need to hush because you don't know me or anyone in my family. You just took everything out of context. Now, I'll like for you to go back and find where I said Biggie's the reason he can't get good grades. I rest my case. But I'll be the first to admit, he's being raised very, very badly.

Archived