Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Cartwright Agrees With Team on a Deal (merged)

asacks

That is great news!

Rock C. has really embraced the changes in the coaching staff, instead of whining about how he got more playing time under Spurrier.

I'm not pointing any fingers or anything though. :halo:

But great to have him a Redskin :cheers:

Wide receiver David Patten said the same. Patten signed a five-year, $13.5 million deal with a $3.5 million signing bonus. "They didn't come to me," Patten said. "And I didn't volunteer. Would you volunteer to give your money back?"

was that comment really neccessary Patten?

I see I wasn't the only one who noticed Patten's comment.

As for Rock re-signing, thats a good move. He is a good character guy who thoroughly enjoys being a redskin. He's a great guy to have in the lockerroom as well as on the gridiron.

Wide receiver David Patten said the same. Patten signed a five-year, $13.5 million deal with a $3.5 million signing bonus. "They didn't come to me," Patten said. "And I didn't volunteer. Would you volunteer to give your money back?"

was that comment really neccessary Patten?

Yeah seriously. I mean, I saw David's interview on redskins.com today and it was fine, so I like him, but he's essentially saying that everyone else that restructured are basically chumps for doing so. Come on David, team first, and by the way, I do hope you are are #3 receiver next year. But don't worry, you don't have to volunteer for that.

VERY VERY INTERESTING.

What does this mean for Nemo?

Surely we cant carry 4 backs next year.

We carried four backs this year. Nemo isnt going anywhere. If anyone is moved, its going to be Betts, but I kind of doubt that will happen. It's a long season/offseason. Depth is good.

pattens comments were fine. what was wrong with it? you didn't see players lining up to restructure their contracts.. the FO approached them, obviously. he didn't say he wouldn't be open to restructuring, did he? i didn't get that from his comment anyway.

Technically what Patten is saying is true and i doubt that most of the other players "volunteered" to resturcture as well. The team approached the players that they consider "core redskins" and "team leaders" and asked them to restrucure. So no one probably volunteered..........but then that means that Patten isn't considered a "core redskin" and "team leader" by the coaching staff. Patten may be bitter, but he got rings and he'll get over it.

Archived