Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Cartwright Agrees With Team on a Deal (merged)

asacks

Here I am!

The team obviously recognizes not only what Rock does on the field, but what he does during practice, in the weight room, locker room.........he is a total package.

I would have hated him playing somewhere else. Missing his games because I am watching my REDSKINS would have been a bummer!

Blondie

UH Oh! I bet your hunky basketball player James will be upset he is still with the Redskins. I know he wanted him to go play elsewhere. :doh:

Rock was true to his word when I spoke to him after the last game and told him he wasn't allowed to leave. He said he wanted to be here and he found a way to come to terms with the team to make that happen. Refreshing honesty proven by actions from a player on our team endears him to us as he could clearly have simply been mouthing the words, "I want to be a Redskin," and done everything in his power not to make that be the case.

UH Oh! I bet your hunky basketball player James will be upset he is still with the Redskins. I know he wanted him to go play elsewhere. :doh:

Gotta love the basketaball players and all those lay ups they do. :lift: with that body............................:notworthy Lucky woman Blondie!

Sweet, I just wonder how we are going to handle the whole RB situation. We have one too many. Nemo needs to see some playing time. Ladell is good, but not so much better than Rock. Rock was hot last year after the St.Louis game and we didn't use him, cause Ladell came off of injury, we should've used Rock while we was hot.

Rock is such a vital Teams player he had 22 tackles on teams last year. That is right behind Mike Sellers.:logo:

I don't know if they're going to re-sign Royal???

I hope the Skins do. He has my "Sentimental favorite" fan vote. For what he did for his family in New Orleans. He brought them all to DC and footed the bill. I hope he re-signs. Good guy.

For those still keeping track, yet another WP error, as Rock was drafted in the 7th round not 6th..... but hey keep trying WP!! LOL

Yeah and check this out...

Coach Joe Gibbs has gone out of his way to praise Cartwright as a "core Redskin" on numerous occasions, and the team would very like to retain Clark

The team would very like to retain Clark? That's not proper English! :mad:

:laugh: :D

Ain't nothing official until there's a signature on the dotted line, but KFFL are reporting it's now a done deal.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Redskins | Cartwright re-signed

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 15:46:08 -0800

Gary Fitzgerald, of Redskins.com, reports the Washington Redskins have re-signed RB Rock Cartwright to an undisclosed contract.

Maybe Blondie can fill us in on the contract details. :laugh:

Good stuff. I liked the diary posts he does for Redskins.com too. I don't know if this has already been mentioned here, but anyone think since we have Broughton also that there could be a Betts trade in the works? I think he could definitely be a starter elsewhere, and we could get a possible round 3 for him.

Just refreshed KFFL:

Redskins | Cartwright signs four-year deal; but the last two can be voided

Fri, 10 Mar 2006 19:27:36 -0800

Jason La Canfora, of the Washington Post, reports Washington Redskins RB Rock Cartwright signed a four-year contract with the team that can void to two years, to a league source.

Archived