Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Black and White

dreamingwolf

If they really wanted to make this fair, they'd have them go to out to a place one day as black then go back a week or so later as white (or vice versa) and see how they're treated.

In other words...the black guy goes to interview for the bar job as himself, then go back a week later as a white guy and see how the results are.

If they really wanted to make this fair, they'd have them go to out to a place one day as black then go back a week or so later as white (or vice versa) and see how they're treated.

In other words...the black guy goes to interview for the bar job as himself, then go back a week later as a white guy and see how the results are.

Thats the same thing I thought too. I wish he would have scheduled 2 interviews on the same day with the same person to see how he was treated. Same thing on when he went to buy golf shoes.

Bruno seems like an idiot and won't get anything out of the experience, although I thought both families weren't open enough to get a true understanding of what the producers were looking for IMO.

I didn't think the makeup jobs were very good at all. I thought the white family looked a little more believeable as black people. The daughter could easily pass, at least, until she opened her mouth. The poem she did had me ROFL and she got the same feedback I would have given her (way too many big words).

The black family didn't look white at all to me. They made the husband look like that Eddie Murphy character from years ago when he did the same thing, and I couldn't get pass that. I did think it was interesting that when he got the bartender job, the one guy started to really tell him his real feelings about how that area has kept its white roots and doesn't really want any minorities around. That was pretty real.

I thought it was interesting, I'll probably watch it next week.

I agree the kids are the only ones who don't seem to have any prejudice feelings. Which goes to show that as the 18-30 year olds in the world today inherit our country we can put all the BS to rest and worry about issues in society that should actually be more relevant than skin complexion.

I thought it was interesting, I'll probably watch it next week.

I agree the kids are the only ones who don't seem to have any prejudice feelings. Which goes to show that as the 18-30 year olds in the world today inherit our country we can put all the BS to rest and worry about issues in society that should actually be more relevant than skin complexion.

Don't think I would go that far just yet. Its only the first show and a lot can change fast. Personally, I do feel that prejudice and hatred are 'learned' values as one gets older, so maybe the younger generations will experience either less 'racism' overall or an unusually more subtle prejudice. Bruno is such an idiot that he still thinks that white people still go around shouting 'N' bombs towards everyone black. He has no concept of the subtleness of what Brian was trying to explain; he'll have to really prove this to Bruno for him to believe it.

Guest sith lord

I watched it last night. The first thing I want to say is the Blacks turned white looks like Mannequins and the White man turned black looks more middle eastern than he does black. I think the white girl turned black is doing the best job of adjusting by long shot. The Black boy turned white is in for a huge reality check when he gets older. I'm undecided about the moms.

Gonna have to watch a few more shows to see how I like it. Not bad, because it has my attention so far. But they definitely don't look Black or White to me. That make up is horrible. Seems to me, there's gonna be a lot of conflict with Brian & Bruno. Bruno is definitely pushing his luck using the "N" Word. Wonder how much drama the show would have if they had chosen two lower income families to play these roles??? :doh:

Archived