Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

An interesting research method. Study yourself.

feeshta

Being that the draft and free agency is coming up soon I, like a lot of others, have been thinking a lot about team needs. In the course of doing this I did something that I had never really done before and it yielded some interesting results. I went back and looked at my own posts from during the season to refresh my memory. Doing so made me realise a few things. Number one, I need to remember to refrain from posting after a few beers. My spelling and grammar deteriorate to a remarkable degree when I've had a few. LOL! #2 Doing this refreshes memories that you may have let die a little, but they still have signifigance. I highly recommend everyone else try this, as boring as things a re right now it can't hurt. You may learn something about yourself.

In my case there were a couple of things reinforced. The biggest one is the need for a third DT for rotation. Losing Noble was a bigger blow than anyone ever thought. We need another widebody in the middle for depth and rotation. This area was the single biggest weakness of our d this past season, with Warrick Holdman coming in a close second.

Give it a try, you might learn something from yourself. LOL!

Being that the draft and free agency is coming up soon I, like a lot of others, have been thinking a lot about team needs. In the course of doing this I did something that I had never really done before and it yielded some interesting results. I went back and looked at my own posts from during the season to refresh my memory. Doing so made me realise a few things. Number one, I need to remember to refrain from posting after a few beers. My spelling and grammar deteriorate to a remarkable degree when I've had a few. LOL! #2 Doing this refreshes memories that you may have let die a little, but they still have signifigance. I highly recommend everyone else try this, as boring as things a re right now it can't hurt. You may learn something about yourself.

In my case there were a couple of things reinforced. The biggest one is the need for a third DT for rotation. Losing Noble was a bigger blow than anyone ever thought. We need another widebody in the middle for depth and rotation. This area was the single biggest weakness of our d this past season, with Warrick Holdman coming in a close second.

Things i regret saying:

brunell interception returned 34 yards for a td seriously. Get brunell out of there! (During the Seattle game)

im really not sure about Santana Moss(:doh: )

we seem to give up big plays too often, having trouble against the run, and although its a little banged up, we are inconsistent (With reference to our defense)

first play. sean taylor will dump-sack mcnabb. off he goes. next play. lavar will spear westbrook. INJURY GALORE! (Possibly a bit harsh to wish injurys on players)

:doh: :doh: :doh: I was young and nieve!:cheers:

I'm sure we could all find some things we said that were stupid in hindsight. If you look hard enough though you might find you called something way before anyone else though. I found one or two nuggets of genious within all the detritus that is my post history. I guess if you spout off enough BS you eventually have to be right about something. LOL!

Excellent point about the 3rd DT. It's a point I mentioned to friends on more than one occasion during the season but until I read this I had forgot all about it. The injuries to Griffin and Salavea really exposed that because we had some trouble on D when either of those guys couldn't play. Thankfully, Salavea is a surgeon as well as a beastly DT so he was able to get himself back out there with a little slef-srugery :laugh: (gotta love Big Joe). I wonder if GW and Co think Killings and Aki Jones are ready to handle that load or if they'll be looking for depth there. Probably will get someone, you can never have too many lineman.

I learned that I REALLY hate Sports Illustrated.

...and I have a lot of pretty short posts.

I don't think you are alone on the hating SI, or the other part for that matter.

I found that I generally trust the judgement of the coaching staff unless it was concerning LA this year (once Holdman played a couple games anyway) or Brunnell and the handling of Ramsey's benching. I really fealt he had earned the right to be given at least till the bye week. I also fealt he deserved a shot in the playoff when Brunnell was hurt. I thought Brunnell should be the starter in the Seattle game, but that he should be pulled at the half if he was ineffective again, which he was.

I've learned just how awesome I really am. Art's got nothin' on me! :P

LOL! Art's a legend in his own mind, so that must make you a demigod, right?

I'm more on the level of local folk hero for now. Guess that's not too bad. ;)

Absolutely. Its no coincidence that one of our worst defensive games, @NY, was when both Griffin and Salave'a were hurt. We had to put Kozlowski and Molinaro in at DT, disaster...

Look back at the SD game. The first half we completely shut LT down. Then in the 3rd quarter Big Joe comes outta the game and LT runs all over us.

Biggest difference between 04 and 05 defenses is that in 04 Griffin and Salave'a were healthy all year. No one ran on us. Granted we faced better offenses last year though.

Absolutely. Its no coincidence that one of our worst defensive games, @NY, was when both Griffin and Salave'a were hurt. We had to put Kozlowski and Molinaro in at DT, disaster...

Look back at the SD game. The first half we completely shut LT down. Then in the 3rd quarter Big Joe comes outta the game and LT runs all over us.

Biggest difference between 04 and 05 defenses is that in 04 Griffin and Salave'a were healthy all year. No one ran on us. Granted we faced better offenses last year though.

It wasn't just that they stayed healthy though, Noble spelled them with no noticable dropoff. Big hosses like that can tire easily because it takes a hell of a lot of energy to throw 300 pounds around the way they do. The signifigance of having a quality three man rotation can't be overstated as it ensures you have fresh and effective DT's on the field.

Any ideas on who we might pick up for this role? I was thinking they could go several ways with it. I was thinking maybe sign a mid-tier FA DT who is a quality lane plugger, like maybe a guy who could not quite pull off being a nose in a 3-4. We need another guy there who can effectively eat up blockers when either Big Joe or Corni goes out for a breather. Killings is OK, but he's more of a penetrator type. We just need another guy who can be an immovable object in the middle.

Archived