Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Baghdad: DUDE, WHERE'S MY CIVIL WAR?

Redskins Diehard

Crime...When you don't have enough police or enough effective police. Religion is not a weapon, it's a poor excuse for outrageous behavior.

How many wars over the centuries have been fought in the name of Religion? Good or bad and right or wrong Religion is a powerful weapon.

Crime...When you don't have enough police or enough effective police. Religion is not a weapon, it's a poor excuse for outrageous behavior.

The police are getting murdered in their own HQ's, their officers are assissanted in their cars, and their comrades are betraying them regularly. I guess you could call it crime, but most people call that terrorism/insurgency. Some guy runs over 9 people and ends up not killing anyone and that is terrorism (US), yet buses are stopped and people are taken to the side of the road to be executed and that is called crime (Iraq). Defintions change at the whim of politics these days. What was the American civil war? A series of gang related incidents?

I don't think anybody WANTS a civil war.

But, you'd be kidding yourself if you don't think one is happening right now.

Iraqi's are attacking Iraqi's. What do you call that? Insurgents v Terrorists?

Freedom Fighters v Al-queda? What?

What we are doing, is taking different groups of people who by natural DON'T want to work together, and trying to force it.

These folks have never lived together peacefully without an other country, or dictator ruling them.

I'm sorry, but maybe its not such a bad idea that Iraq gets split up.

Hmmm.....I wonder what would've happened had leaders such as MLK Jr. shared your opinion?

The police are getting murdered in their own HQ's, their officers are assissanted in their cars, and their comrades are betraying them regularly. I guess you could call it crime, but most people call that terrorism/insurgency. Some guy runs over 9 people and ends up not killing anyone and that is terrorism (US), yet buses are stopped and people are taken to the side of the road to be executed and that is called crime (Iraq). Defintions change at the whim of politics these days. What was the American civil war? A series of gang related incidents?

There's are terrorist/insurgents trying to incite a civil war...It's not clear that they have succeeded in starting one. The American civil war is difficult comparison to make to this ...2 clear parties with armies fighting battles until one surrendered. You think we'll see that here in this situation? I don't.

Of course it is about power, but it is also about Religion. How do you think the few seeking power get the many to accomplish their goals. Throw in terrorist/insurgents and you got a melting pot of destruction. Fine, don't call it a civil war, but many have died and many will die.

There's are terrorist/insurgents trying to incite a civil war...It's not clear that they have succeeded in starting one. The American civil war is difficult comparison to make to this ...2 clear parties with armies fighting battles until one surrendered. You think we'll see that here in this situation? I don't.

I don't think we'll see 2 clear sides fighting, no, I think we will see many unclear sides fighting. The fighting will escalate once the US leaves or if a war with Iran starts.

Of course it is about power, but it is also about Religion. How do you think the few seeking power get the many to accomplish their goals. Throw in terrorist/insurgents and you got a melting pot of destruction. Fine, don't call it a civil war, but many have died and many will die.

Religion=power in Iraq

200602230250_1-w-66-pb-b.jpg

Most people don't know how important to Shias the mosque was, it is a miracle the explosion itself didn't cause a full blown back lash.

Official Says Shiite Party Suppressed Body Count

By Ellen Knickmeyer

Washington Post Foreign Service

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/08/AR2006030802692.html?sub=AR

BAGHDAD, March 8 -- Days after the bombing of a Shiite shrine unleashed a wave of retaliatory killings of Sunnis, the leading Shiite party in Iraq's governing coalition directed the Health Ministry to stop tabulating execution-style shootings, according to a ministry official familiar with the recording of deaths.

The official, who spoke on the condition that he not be named because he feared for his safety, said a representative of the Shiite party, the Supreme Council for the Islamic Revolution in Iraq, ordered that government hospitals and morgues catalogue deaths caused by bombings or clashes with insurgents, but not by execution-style shootings.

A statement this week by the U.N. human rights department in Baghdad appeared to support the account of the Health Ministry official. The agency said it had received information about Baghdad's main morgue -- where victims of fatal shootings are taken -- that indicated "the current acting director is under pressure by the Interior Ministry in order not to reveal such information and to minimize the number of casualties."

The U.N. office said it had not confirmed the information about the morgue and had been unable so far to obtain an accounting of the toll from Iraqi authorities.

Spokesmen for the Health Ministry and the Supreme Council -- commonly known by its initials, SCIRI -- denied that any order to alter the tabulation of deaths had been issued.

Abductions and killings of Sunni Arab men, usually by gunshots to the back of the head, have occurred with increasing frequency over the past year and are widely blamed on government-allied Shiite religious militias and death squads alleged to be operating from inside the SCIRI-dominated Interior Ministry. In particular, Shiite militias have been accused of abducting and executing large numbers of Sunni men in the days immediately following the Feb. 22 destruction of the Askariya mosque, a revered Shiite shrine in the northern city of Samarra.

After a lull in recent days, abductions and killings flared again in Baghdad on Wednesday. Police in west Baghdad found a minibus that contained the bodies of 18 bound and strangled men, and 50 employees of an Iraqi security firm were kidnapped on the east side of the city.

The Washington Post reported on Feb. 28 that more than 1,300 shooting victims had been brought to the morgue in the first six days after the Samarra bombing. The figure was provided by a morgue worker who refused to be identified by name.

Prime Minister Ibrahim al-Jafari denied the account, saying Shiite-Sunni violence had claimed 379 lives in the week following the attack on the shrine. Gen. George W. Casey Jr., the U.S. commander in Iraq, called The Post's report exaggerated and inaccurate. An e-mail sent to U.S. military officials this week seeking updated casualty figures went unanswered.

But during the past week, various government ministries declined to give a breakdown of the 379 total, or said they were unable to, and several inconsistencies in their accounts appeared to call the government's tally into question.

In addition to the morgue worker, three sources -- the Health Ministry official, an official with the Interior Ministry and an international official in Baghdad -- involved in tallying or monitoring the mounting deaths also have put the toll at 1,000 or more, though none gave a toll as high as 1,300. Two of the sources said pressure by Shiite leaders not to report execution-style shootings had produced the lower death toll announced by Jafari.

The international official said "Ministry of Health types" were reckoning about 1,000 deaths before Jafari issued his denial. "By February 28th, even the 1st, that was the number being floated, almost acknowledged" publicly, the international official said, referring to March 1. "Then the government announced'' its lower figure.

Rest on above link

You liked that didn't you!!! Was that serious or a joke in the other thread? I remember when I was a kid there was a ride at Kings Dominion called the "Parrot Troopers", it may still be there.

I don't know whether it's still there or not... but that was a fun ride. You could use that forward rudder and catch the wind right over that lake and scare the bejeesus out of you. What's holding you in... a very loose chain simply drooping across your lap. :laugh:

As for the civil war.... I don't think the Times is praying for it... nor are they hoping for soldier's deaths. They're simply reporting what they think will be bad for the Bush administration and the war in IRaq... eventhough what's happening on the ground is entirely different than what they report. They exaggerate the problems and minimize the good things because it fits their agenda.... the agenda to make the war seem bad and useles and a bloodbath so the American people will be persuaded by the bad news to vote for ANYONE other than a Republican in 06 and 08. They keep hanging the bad news around Bush's neck... even if it's made up... in order to make the Left seem like a good alternative.

Same with Katrina... worst disaster in history... worst damage imaginable... and the difficulty in the response is because of Bush's indifference to poor people. :doh: Fortunately... people just don't believe it other than the diehard left loonies and stauch democrats. Fortunately again... the red states aren't going to be persuaded to elect a party devoid of ideas who will go to any lengths to regain they're perceived birthright... control of Congress and the Presidency.

Right, we have a President's son in the Whitehouse and you think the Dems think it is their birthright to be in the whitehouse. What are going to say when Jeb wins the Republican nod in '12?

I'm going to say that the people voted in the primaries and he won the not. What would I say?

The Dems believe that all the good that has been spread amongst the people in this country is in some way the result of Dem control and Dem plans authored by Roosevelt and all the subsequent Dem programs and entitlement programs. They believe they fight for the little people... that it's their right to redistribute wealth from people who earn it to those who don't and rarely have to qualify for it. Where do you think the mentality came from in which people shun work to instead go stand in a line with their hands out and mouths open? Where do you think the victim mentality came from? The lack of personal responsiblity? The disgrace of our legal system?

Sorry, but life on welfare is not so great that is destroys all human ambition. You have a lot of hate for Democrats. How did you get that way? Were your parents staunch Republicans? Do you listen to a lot of Hannity?

I don't know why you make these huge sweeping generalizations about all Democrats. It's a fairly diverse party. Each one is an individual you know.

Sorry, but life on welfare is not so great that is destroys all human ambition. You have a lot of hate for Democrats. How did you get that way? Were your parents staunch Republicans? Do you listen to a lot of Hannity?

I don't know why you make these huge sweeping generalizations about all Democrats. It's a fairly diverse party. Each one is an individual you know.

Just another member of the brainwashed party.

LOL. Really? Tell me how I am brainwashed if you can.

Go back to the beginning of this thread. I demolished Peters' media bias accusation. Prove me wrong. It's futile, but go ahead and try.

The only thing you "demolished" was any hope you had of being taken seriously...but you did a heck of a job "demolishing" that.

I remember back in the good old days when this thread was about a reporter who went on a relatively peaceful ride through Baghdad...before it was about Republicans and Democrats and now welfare(??). Yeah, those were the days.

Hahaha...time to let this thread die a slow painful death!

Archived