Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WT: Snyder, Redskins just doing business

bubba9497

Let's see. I'm trying to think of a statement or question for ccsl2. The man seems to have an answer for everything (all in fun, pal).

LOL...I am not taking it personally...besides, we are all redskins fans here. so you are cool with me.

LOL...I am not taking it personally...besides, we are all redskins fans here. so you are cool with me.

There you go! And besides that, we are damn near neighbors. I'm in White Plains! The bantor was fun and like you said, we are all Redskins fans.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

I don't understand why it has to be either/or.

We spent all last week talking about what a genius of a businessman Danny is and how the rest of the league should emulate him. Yet' date=' he can't make the gameday experience better while paying top dollar for a coaching staff?

My problem with Snyder has always been that despite the mythology of the young Redskins fan who dreamed of owning the team one day, he has no touch with the common fan. In the NBA, Mark Cuban is the resident new money jagoff billionaire owner. But he seems to get the idea that going to games should be a pleasant experience and seems willing to work with fans to make their experiences better, even if he doesn't always succeed. Danny seems only interested in squeezing every last single penny of revenue out of his fans and his stadium.

Danny can ultimately do what he wants and it doesn't really effect me because I'm not going to FedEx unless it's to sit in a luxury box. But I would think from a PR perspective, simply announcing, "Hey....we're making FedEx pleasant with the additional revenue from ticket prices" would be nice.[/quote']

Makes sense to me.

The Redskins have largely kept general admission costs in line over the years. Raising prices is a simple marketplace move. If the market will bear the cost, it doesn't matter if some don't remain active participants at games. If the market won't, the team will have to respond by reducing costs. The choice, at all points is the consumer. The consumer can purchase or reject.

The Redskins are a team with an advantage in the league for a simple reason. We have more revune to work with than others. So, in a way, the higher prices should continue to help the program. Think of the increase your offer of help for the highest price coaching staff walking the earth :).

WHAT DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS........OR PRESS PASSES? LOL

WHAT DO YOU PAY FOR YOUR SEASON TICKETS........OR PRESS PASSES? LOL

For the tickets my friend owns he pays the market cost and will continue to, as will I when my name comes up on the list, though, I will often sell mine for more than face value as I have other avenues of access. You can be assured I will gouge those of you wishing to buy, accepting the most money possible every time I sell.

From what vendor are you buying a beer for $4? The price at FedEx is $7. Guinness or Jack Daniels for $8 are the better deals. :cheers:

I agree completely. Further proof that Guinness is better at games than 7$ gold water. Now if they can just figure out a way to have a never-ending flow of beer to my seat so I don't have to get up during the game...

You better make it $50 or Danny might start outsourcing for Mods

No worries. There won't be any charging for membership at ES. At least not with this crew here helping run it. Maybe we'll offer a subscription service to the historical databases if we can get those back or something so we can keep them updated for those who use them, but, probably we won't even do that :).

For the tickets my friend owns he pays the market cost and will continue to, as will I when my name comes up on the list, though, I will often sell mine for more than face value as I have other avenues of access. You can be assured I will gouge those of you wishing to buy, accepting the most money possible every time I sell.

its like this....no matter what the skins charge they can only spend so much on players........so people can justify the ticket increase anyway you want.........I am and always will be a huge redskin fan as I was before Snyder,Gibbs,G Allen and many of you here on this board....I refuse to be a part of Richy Rich and his greed by spending my hard earned money to watch this average Redskin team.....It has nothing to do with there players or with the success of the team........rather has to do with the morality of the fans being bilked so Richy can say he has the "richest team in all of sports"...perhaps that should be changed to..."the richest fans in all of sports"...or "the most dedicated fans in all of sports"...afterall some of the 92000 probly really cant afford the cost of season tickets but find a way of doing it!

Did you wipe your nose after this? Sheesh guy. I'll take Gibbs, Bugel, Burns, Breaux, Hixon, Williams, Saunders, Blache, Lindsey, Gray, etc., over screens. Would I like screens to be crisper and replays to be more readily available? You bet.

Would I like it if after the Redskins score and we're singing Hail to the Redskins if they wouldn't cut over the top of that, killing the momentum and excitement with talk of sponsors? Yeppers. I've even said so. I'm not foolish enough to think it matters alone.

I'm not passionate enough about it to form my own support group to force changes. You seem to be. Have at it brother. Start a "Demand digital screens and systems at FedEx" thread. Get people excited. Make it something the team can't ignore. You have that ability here. They read here. Do it.

But, don't expect because you aren't happy the team should respond. Inspire people to join you. That's what we're here for.

Wipe my nose? WTF?

Why don't one of you guys start to demand something? Nevermind, lol.

First, I have NEVER purchased a beer at any game I've ever attended. I use the same money to have a six-pack in the back seat. But, there actually is a good reason a single beer should cost that much. If you lower the price to price points MOST people would enjoy, you'd have more activity in your area with vendors, distracting from the game. You'd have constant noise and activity passing money and beverage back and forth.

More importantly, you'd have more drunk souls. It's not an easy call to make to get hammered when you're going $35 for a six-pack. So, you maintain something of a safe, friendly environment by keeping the drunk count a wee bit lower :).

Do we want a "safe friendly environment?" I would say it would be better to be outright brutal, raucous, and make any opposing fan think twice about wearing a Jersey of another team into Fed Ex.

Did you wipe your nose after this? Sheesh guy. I'll take Gibbs, Bugel, Burns, Breaux, Hixon, Williams, Saunders, Blache, Lindsey, Gray, etc., over screens. Would I like screens to be crisper and replays to be more readily available? You bet.

Would I like it if after the Redskins score and we're singing Hail to the Redskins if they wouldn't cut over the top of that, killing the momentum and excitement with talk of sponsors? Yeppers. I've even said so. I'm not foolish enough to think it matters alone.

I'm not passionate enough about it to form my own support group to force changes. You seem to be. Have at it brother. Start a "Demand digital screens and systems at FedEx" thread. Get people excited. Make it something the team can't ignore. You have that ability here. They read here. Do it.

But, don't expect because you aren't happy the team should respond. Inspire people to join you. That's what we're here for.

I'd argue that if Snyder put a retractable roof on top of Fed Ex...the stadium would be nearly impossible for other teams to come in here and get a win.

The redskins over the last 5 years are the number # 1 team in the league in dead cap money. If the skins FO concentrate on lowering the dead cap figure instead of raising prices, they would have the extra money they would need.

I don't agree with this price raising at all.

Well, I guess being in Cali, this ticket hike doesn't really apply to you unless you fly out here for every home game. It's not like you will be putting out the money to go see the team play at FedEx otherwise. As it is, I don't see a whole lot of people stating that they agree with the ticket price hike. There are some of us that are not nearly as upset about it, but nonetheless, there is little we can do about it, regardless of whether we agree or disagree with what Snyder does to the prices.

Do you think that will raise the quality of the posts? :silly:

Kinda like the mentality that Chris Rock speaks of if bullets cost $5000 each. There would not be anymore innocent bystanders getting shot. By the same token, if each post cost $20, people would be more likely to think about what they say PRIOR to saying it. ;)

There you go! And besides that, we are damn near neighbors. I'm in White Plains! The bantor was fun and like you said, we are all Redskins fans.

:dallasuck :eaglesuck :gaintsuck

We are Southern MD brothers...Actually i wanted to head down towards that way this past Saturday to check out the HS basketball game at Lackey...but I couldn't.

You know somehow Jack Kent Cooke managed to keep the lights on at the stadium and pay the players and the coaches without everyone in a 200 mile radius calling for his head.

I think about a post I saw on here recently that had a scan of a $15 ticket from a few years ago and I have to laugh. A lot of people drinking the kool-aid on this one.

I love the Skins but I don't love Dan Snyder.

You know somehow Jack Kent Cooke managed to keep the lights on at the stadium and pay the players and the coaches without everyone in a 200 mile radius calling for his head.

I think about a post I saw on here recently that had a scan of a $15 ticket from a few years ago and I have to laugh. A lot of people drinking the kool-aid on this one.

I love the Skins but I don't love Dan Snyder.

Yeah but Jack Kent Cooke didn't pay $800 million for the skins and the stadium either.

Snyder is taking away the game for the common man.

I wish people would stop blaming Snyder as if everything that goes wrong in this League is his fault. The whole League does these things. Why would these guys be in business if they weren't out to make some amount of money off of it? People act like it's Snyder's fault that players want more money. How else is he supposed to pay his EMPIRE if not by the money he makes from his consumers...or in laymen's terms, the fans. Snyder isn't taking ANYTHING away from ANYONE! The League is doing it & has been doing it since before the NFL/AFL merger. And simply by the laws of nature, I KNOW that Snyder can't be at fault for that!

I have to agree that if there are certain things you don't want to partake in at the stadium than don't. I try to eat before the game so I don't have to pay the inflated prices at FedEx. As for parking, I pick up an older person who takes a two-hour train ride from Philly to New Carrollton and the last thing that person wants to do is walk the mile from the Morgan Blvd metro to the stadium. But if I was just going to the game by myself or with someone locally, damn straight I'd take Metro and make the walk. I expected the parking rates to be raised eventually, but to $30. Instead, Danny blew right through that and went the $35. This IS the one area where I wish more local fans (again, due to my circumstances, I'm admittedly not setting the example) would boycott the parking and take Metro. I think it would also bring back some of the camraderie of RFK as a large amount of fans used to travel to/from that stadium by public transport (and walking is good for you too).

I don't know if people are as upset by the ticket hike itself so much, but to the degree it was done, and with this "added tax" BS and all. True, the Skins to my knowledge have only raised prices a few times since the stadium opened (the lower bowl, for example, went from $60, then to $75 (in '99 or '00?), then to $79 about 4 years ago, and now $108), and of course if Snyder raises prices a cent after a losing season people are going to whine. But I think he had all the goodwill in the world after hiring Gibbs and probably should've raised a little there, and then maybe a little after this year. Asking a person with a couple of lower level tix to now pay $2550 (including parking) to something they were paying $1850 for JUST LAST SEASON.....I don't know. BTW, Abe Pollin's price hike for the lower level Wiz tix is just absurd, and I can't even imagine the reaction of the New Orleans folk to the reportedly Saints price hike.

Archived