Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New X-Men 3 Trailer!

EvoSkins

All reports indicate this is the last X-Men movie- it's getting harder to get everyone to keep coming back (notably Halle Berry), plus they've got projects in the works for Wolverine and Magneto spin-offs. I wish they could've just put in Gambit though...

All reports indicate this is the last X-Men movie- it's getting harder to get everyone to keep coming back (notably Halle Berry), plus they've got projects in the works for Wolverine and Magneto spin-offs. I wish they could've just put in Gambit though...

No Gambit again? Grrr.....

Is Colossus in this one at least? I know Beast is in it. (i can't watch the trailer at work).

The story of comic booked based movies should be very easy. The problem is that Hollywood tries to fill every frame with action and blends so many stories together for maximum effect.

Case in point, the Hulk movie. The Hulk looked somewhat believable with Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly doing a good job with their roles. So what happens, Hollywood takes a relatively simple origin story and completely destroys it. And to top it off, they make his father the Absorbing Man. The movie looks good visually but the story was horrible.

The third X-Men film should be the Dark Phoenix Saga. Introduce the Hellfire Club with all the new characters. They practically set it up with the last film. Instead, they are going with a mutant cure and now the mutants revolt. I think a message trying to get across is that there is no need for a cure because being a mutant is what they are and meant to be. They are packing the film full of new characters and action sequences, I think that a well thought out story may be lost.

With so many comic book based films that will be coming out soon, I hope Hollywood won't kill what makes comics great, their stories.

Just in case you wanted to know, here is Marvel's upcoming movies:

Marvel Studios

X-Men 3, Fox - Currently editing, May 26, 2006 release

Marvel Character Feature Film Line-Up For 2007

Ghost Rider, Sony - Filming completed, currently in post-production, February 16, 2007 release

Spider-Man 3, Sony - In production, May 4, 2007 release

Fantastic Four 2, Fox - Director, In scripting, July 4, 2007 release

Marvel Character Feature Film Development Pipeline (Partial List)

Wolverine, Fox - TBD

Hulk 2, TBD - TBD

Iron Man, TBD - TBD

Thor, TBD - TBD

The Punisher 2, Lions Gate - TBD

Film Projects Included in the Marvel Film-Backed Credit Facility

Ant-Man, The Avengers, Black Panther, Captain America, Cloak & Dagger, Doctor Strange, Hawkeye, Nick Fury, Power Pack and Shang-Chi. The first film is anticipated for release in 2008.

Marvel Character Animated Direct-to-Video Projects in Development

Partnership with Lionsgate to develop, produce and distribute original animated DVD features. Four projects in 2D/3D format are in production with the first releases slated for 2006. Titles include: Ultimate Avengers (released February 21, 2006), Ultimate Avengers 2, Iron Man and Doctor Strange.

Marvel Character Animated TV Projects in Development

Fantastic Four: Partnership with Moonscoop SAS (formerly Antefilms Productions) to produce an original animated television series based on the Fantastic Four. Twenty-six, 30-minute 2D/3D animated episodes are planned with initial TV airings in 2006.

Wolverine: In development to produce 26 episodes.

Iron Man: In development to produce 26 episodes.

Marvel Character Live Action TV Projects in Development

Alter Ego; Blade, premiering on Spike TV in 2006; Skrull Kill Krew.

2006 Video Game Release

Activision, X-Men 3 - 1H 2006

DC Comics has Wonder Woman, Superman Returns, Superman Sequel (already greenlighted), Batman Begins Sequel, Watchmen, among others.

The third X-Men film should be the Dark Phoenix Saga. Introduce the Hellfire Club with all the new characters. They practically set it up with the last film. Instead, they are going with a mutant cure and now the mutants revolt. I think a message trying to get across is that there is no need for a cure because being a mutant is what they are and meant to be. They are packing the film full of new characters and action sequences, I think that a well thought out story may be lost.

They are basing this movie off of the first arc of Joss Wheadon's Astonishing X-Men, and just because their are alot of mutant in the movie doesn't mean they'll have big roles. I mean this story is about a mutant cure so their will be alot of cameos, because this could be the last movie so it's a wink at the fans.

No Gambit again? Grrr.....

Is Colossus in this one at least? I know Beast is in it. (i can't watch the trailer at work).

Yeah, you can see him in one part of the trailer where he is standing next to the other X-men in his metal form, so I'm pretty sure he will have a bigger role.

I can't stop watching this trailer.

Looks amazing, Im very happy that they didn't just give us a bunch of quick snipit action scenese, the trailer is much more thought-out than I thought it would be (which is a good thing).

As far as this being the last X-men film, HA....yeah right, seriously people do you really think Marvel & more importantly Fox is going to end their BIGGEST money-maker. No way, its clear that this is the last X-men film for THIS trilogy (Magneto, Mutants v.s. Humanity,etc.). There will be more, theres SO much material that they could keep the X-men films going forever if they do them right and take their time (which they have thus far). This won't be the last X-men film but it will be a long time till we see another one (probably/maybe 10 or so years?). Because theyll go the spinoff route after this one with Wolverine and Magneto films, perhaps others.

I'm not worried though, Im 20 and I am sure that their will be more X-men films in my lifetime. But damn this movie looks good!

Archived