Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is the Stadium Thread out of control?

Cdowwe

I MADE IT!

I think I lost my shoe out there. ****it, they can keep it. Circus animals.

whew! I actually posted over there today... pitchfork and torch in hand.

But then the hay caught fire and it was utter chaos :doh: But I did make it out alive :cool:

I have to admit that I very rarely will start a thread in the Stadium. So many people posting so many threads on the same subject matter doesn't leave much for everyone else. I have to give the Mods a lot of credit for shifting through the mountain of BS and maintaining some semblance of order.

As far as surviving, I picked up my body armor at the end of the season and have my Kevlar strapped on tight. I make sure I have enough water on hand and keep my gas mask strapped to my side in case of emergency.

i just came up with a way to curb stadium woes! the staff should make a limmit to the number of posts you can do in a 24 hour period, somehwere like maybe 25 or 20. also to stop the thread abuse and "over posting for the cool new avatar you've always wanted" i think thread starting alotment should be regulated, but in a diffrent way, either by the time since your join date (ie- veterans can post more threads, while newbies for a full month can only start a single thread, then afterwards the farther away you get from your join date (if you log on at least once a month) the more threads you can start in a month. or it could also be a ratio combination of both post count and join date that wieghs in on how many threads you can start. this would ensure that good posters post more and bad ones stop posting bad threads.

and of course mods would have the power to grant or take away the number of threads someone can have in a month based on personal opinion, the needs of the board or just out of spite;)

Skinsfan13 those are some good suggestions.

I agree something needs to be done. I rarely go to the stadium anymore. This week alone I swear I saw 20+ Lavar threads. We all knew it was coming so why do we need all the threads. It is not a big shock. Ramsey will be the next and we will probably have to deal with this all over.

When I first started on ES I just read for about a week. I tried to get to know what the members of the board were about before I posted. I did not start a "Hi I'm new here" thread etc. My first post was in Tailgate as I felt that the Stadium was way above my head. I know a lot about football but the veterans here intimidated me. :D I always read the stadium to keep up. As I became more comfortable I started posting in the stadium. I took awhile to build my confidence to post there.

Now I rarely post in the stadium and I have a hard time even reading it. i know it is off-season but come on there is a search button for a reason. I know our mods work very hard at trying to keep everyone in check. :notworthy They deserve a lot of credit here.

Also what is up with personal attacks against people? It is ok to disagree but prove your point with educational reasons and stats. Do not attack the person who posted it. Example Liberty and I never agree on almost every argument. We prove our points without calling each other names etc. We also joke around at how we disagree on everything and we both like to debate each other. After about 6 months to a year of us debating each other we did find one thing we did agree on "We both like dogs". :silly:

After reading this thread Ive noticed something. Everyone thinks something needs to be done, but theres really nothing new we can do. I mean the Mods are doing all they can to keep ES civil and respectable. We applaud you guys for that :cheers: .

I also agree that it is alot easier to get to know people on Tailgate. Best example... I doubt any regular poster on Tailgate doesnt know Chom by now, whether that is a good thing or bad thing you decide. Just kidding Chom.

So for now, lets all drink a beer at the Tailgate.

After reading this thread Ive noticed something. Everyone thinks something needs to be done, but theres really nothing new we can do. I mean the Mods are doing all they can to keep ES civil and respectable. We applaud you guys for that :cheers: .

I also agree that it is alot easier to get to know people on Tailgate. Best example... I doubt any regular poster on Tailgate doesnt know Chom by now, whether that is a good thing or bad thing you decide. Just kidding Chom.

So for now, lets all drink a beer at the Tailgate.

Grr, I'm at work. But I'll hook it later, I promise! Especially now that I know that more is good! (See Tailgate Index!) I love this place! :laugh:

Archived