Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Blue states' letter to red states.

hokie4redskins

While you have no problem with those who agree with your political views do the exact samething in this letter. nice. :doh:

Well, since you seem to think letters like these make some kind of vaild point I'm sure you will fully agree that this letter is just as good.

Nothing like drowning someone in a flood of text to try and prove a false point. No, not the point that either of these letters are trying to make; they both have valid points. The point you're trying to make is that I'm a hack like you, who can't see the validity in something they don't agree with. Guess what? You failed.

Nothing like drowning someone in a flood of text to try and prove a false point. No, not the point that either of these letters are trying to make; they both have valid points. The point you're trying to make is that I'm a hack like you, who can't see the validity in something they don't agree with. Guess what? You failed.

Hey man, don't get upset because you were shown up. How am I am hack if I think both letters are wrong? You say the letter I posted I'm trying to prove a false point but then turn around and say both letters have valid points. You are all over the place.

Hey man, don't get upset because you were shown up. How am I am hack if I think both letters are wrong? You say the letter I posted I'm trying to prove a false point but then turn around and say both letters have valid points. You are all over the place.
While you have no problem with those who agree with your political views do the exact samething in this letter. nice.

Well, since you seem to think letters like these make some kind of vaild point I'm sure you will fully agree that this letter is just as good.

In this post, you insinuated that I would react differently to your letter than to the original, your point being that I only agree with the original because it follows my politics. You were point-blank proven wrong on that front. Your point that I follow a partisan double standard, therefore, is shown to be false.

Regardless, simply saying you showed someone up doesn't mean that you've actually done so. Contrary to that, I would even say that you've been show up, considering the entire purpose for your posting that wall of text has been debunked.

GOP gets UVA, Duke, North Carolina, U of Florida, Ohio State, UTexas, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest.

we also get the nuclear labs in Idaho, Tennessee, and New Mexico. Also the oil of Texas and the Florida coast.

Have fun libs with no electricity!

Please, you get Bob Jones and BYU. Maybe some of the Jesuit schools. The rest are blue as can be.

In this post, you insinuated that I would react differently to your letter than to the original, your point being that I only agree with the original because it follows my politics. You were point-blank proven wrong on that front. Your point that I follow a partisan double standard, therefore, is shown to be false.

Regardless, simply saying you showed someone up doesn't mean that you've actually done so. Contrary to that, I would even say that you've been show up, considering the entire purpose for your posting that wall of text has been debunked.

lol, how was I proven wrong? Because you just said I was? If you think the letter I posted have valid points please say what points you think are correct and why. Now the wall of text I posted had been debunked?

lol, how was I proven wrong? Because you just said I was? If you think the letter I posted have valid points please say what points you think are correct and why. Now the wall of text I posted had been debunked?

You were proven wrong because the proof lies in my reaction. You posted that for the precise purpose of "showing me up," of proving that I unfairly favor things that align with my political beliefs. And you failed to prove that. I've got better things to do than to go through that wall of text and prove why it has some valid points, and honestly, I don't know where you get off acting like I owe you a damn thing. Considering the ONLY thing that can validify your argument is my word, I think it's pretty much a moot point. You're not really going to try to make the case that I don't mean what I say, are you? Because I have a feeling you're going have a damn hard time proving it. I have no incentive to lie, because any discussion of this nature isn't about being right, IMO. If you think otherwise, go right ahead.

You were proven wrong because the proof lies in my reaction. You posted that for the precise purpose of "showing me up," of proving that I unfairly favor things that align with my political beliefs. And you failed to prove that. I've got better things to do than to go through that wall of text and prove why it has some valid points, and honestly, I don't know where you get off acting like I owe you a damn thing. Considering the ONLY thing that can validify your argument is my word, I think it's pretty much a moot point. You're not really going to try to make the case that I don't mean what I say, are you? Because I have a feeling you're going have a damn hard time proving it. I have no incentive to lie, because any discussion of this nature isn't about being right, IMO. If you think otherwise, go right ahead.

don't mean to pry, but he did show you up. :2cents:

don't mean to pry, but he did show you up. :2cents:

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but unless the definition of "showing up" was suddenly changed to "levying accusations, cleverly thinking you can back them up, and then completely failing to do so", then he really didn't.

Thanks for trying to throw gasoline on the fire, though.

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, but unless the definition of "showing up" was suddenly changed to "levying accusations, cleverly thinking you can back them up, and then completely failing to do so", then he really didn't.

Thanks for trying to throw gasoline on the fire, though.

You are most welcome!

Aren't we touchy today. :laugh:

Well, I thought you'd be nice enough not to dodge the question and give some details as to why you agree with some of the points in the letter I posted.

Oh Well. Anyway, I guess you didn't understand the point I was making to begin with and it is that both letters only use is to further divide people in this country. I thought it was quite ironic that you would say that the first letter had some vaild points because conservative think liberals are un-american, think they are better then them, etc when the letter itself did the exact samething.

GOP gets UVA, Duke, North Carolina, U of Florida, Ohio State, UTexas, Vanderbilt, Wake Forest.

we also get the nuclear labs in Idaho, Tennessee, and New Mexico. Also the oil of Texas and the Florida coast.

Have fun libs with no electricity!

Blue states can buy electricity from Canada

Blue states get:

Harvard

Yale

Cornell

Dartmouth

Columbia

Brown

Princeton

MIT

University of California (all of them)

Cal Tech

University of Chicago

Northwestern

Northeastern

University of Michigan

University of Wisconsin

NYU

Colgate (and Iheart by default)

US Military Academy

US Naval Academy

US Coast Guard Academy

US Merchant Marine Academy

and so many more... but all colleges pretty liberal so they will all turn into embassies for the Blue states.

Red States do have hotter girls though in geneal.

Aren't we touchy today. :laugh:

Well, I thought you'd be nice enough not to dodge the question and give some details as to why you agree with some of the points in the letter I posted.

Oh Well. Anyway, I guess you didn't understand the point I was making to begin with and it is that both letters only use is to further divide people in this country. I thought it was quite ironic that you would say that the first letter had some vaild points because conservative think liberals are un-american, think they are better then them, etc when the letter itself did the exact samething.

:laugh:

Congrats. You got the last word. You should be proud. You really made me look stupid. :rolleyes:

Chopper and Johnny, now might be a good time to take your back-and-forth to PMs.

What's so good about national unity?

In a democraic republic of 260 million people? National unity is good because it shows society sees diversity of opinion as a strength rather than a weakness. It's good because it shows society recognizes cultural and ethic differences as a valuble resource rather than a divisive impediment. It's good because it shows our citizens are willing to do what is necessary to bridge differences in the interest of the Common Good.

All this "we've got this and you've got that" stuff is as un-American as it gets. This country is more about inclusion than any country in the history of the world, and it's the source of our greatest strength.

It's sad and scary that so many on this board are unwilling or unable to see past their petty differences to recognize this. I'm glad that at least AtB can. :)

I think in the interest of this silliness, it should be noted that all Universities will be considered part of a blue states. Universities and in fact all schools in Red states will be considered foreign entities similiar to embassies and children who wish to go to school will need to pay out of state fees. Passports and Visas will be necessary to enroll children in liberal education or elementary, middle, high school, and any form of higher education.

Additionally, once the red states have fully enacted their "Farenheit" Acts, all literature, art, TV, movies, and any creative non-approved thought will be the province of the Blue State. Any existing history books will immediately become classified by the red states to prevent information about the U.S. from leaking out (to its citizens).

Finally, all citizens who show a left hemisphere dominance will be deported to the blue states, as will any who show any talent in invention, entrepunurial spirit, art, theatre, etc. Sadly, many of these will be temporary exports as in the case of inventors and businessmen. Once networth of inventors, businessmen, and athletes reach a set net worth, a number not to exceed 75% will be deported back to the Red State and lose blue class status.

In a democraic republic of 260 million people? National unity is good because it shows society sees diversity of opinion as a strength rather than a weakness. It's good because it shows society recognizes cultural and ethic differences as a valuble resource rather than a divisive impediment. It's good because it shows our citizens are willing to do what is necessary to bridge differences in the interest of the Common Good.

How many people actually believe "cultural and ethnic differences are a valuable resource?" Seriously...

Does our society recognize cultural and ethnic differences as a valuable resource? As a whole perhaps but those against this idea are gaining more power, and it isn't too far off of an idea to think they will subject the rest of the country to their ways. If anything we are moving away from that direction, now I admit I haven't been around for long, but have people always been this xenophobic? I mean look at the support any English as the official language, look at the outrage caused by the Port deal, look at the backlash against immigrants (militirizing the border, some people on this board are in favor of KILLING immigrants that come from Mexico with mines.), racial profiling is getting unprecedented support. It is all absurd, but the proponents of those ideas are gaining power.

Also, I am not sure if this is a benefit of national unity or a requirement of it. I don't think you really addressed the point.

Far be it from me to speak for another poster, but I believe Dave's point is that it would be careless and self-destructive to ignore the contributions made to this nation by either side of the aisle. Both letters posted in this thread support that point.

Archived