Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chad Pennington/ Danny Wuerffel ( medical Question )

Coach Williams

Everyone knows that Chad Pennington has a weak throwing arm so I what tying to find the reason why?

Does he not throw enough or what?

then I got this crazy thought.....Did Chad Pennington Bench Press while in High school THROUGH college?!?!

Doing this has already been proven to weaken an overhead throwers power....

I guess my question is "Did he bench in the combine?" If so that explains it........maybe the same with Wuerffel ......

Everyone knows that Chad Pennington has a weak throwing arm so I what tying to find the reason why?

Does he not throw enough or what?

then I got this crazy thought.....Did Chad Pennington Bench Press while in High school THROUGH college?!?!

Doing this has already been proven to weaken an overhead throwers power....

I guess my question is "Did he bench in the combine?" If so that explains it........maybe the same with Wuerffel ......

as an orthopaedic surgeon i can tell you that i do not believe that wuerffel's problem was one of injury. he had a bizarre throwing motion that did not help things either. still, if you think back to your youth you can recall that some people always had stronger arms. it is certainly possible to strengthen the arm but i think that people like roger clemons or jeff george are born with a gift. some, like clemons, work on it to make it better... others like george take it totally for granted.

without knowing anything specific about pennington, i do not think he ever had a very strong arm and this was compounded by injuries. i do not think it had anything to do with bench pressing.

JMHO

shally

i do not think it had anything to do with bench pressing.

JMHO

shally

if you recall Chad was weak armed before surgury.........I guess I'm just trying to find an excuse for a guy I thought was gonna be something.....

Danny did hit the deep ball though....lol.....but he couldn't throw a deep out to save his life.......

i've never heard about bench press weakening a QB's arm. Where did you hear this? Link maybe?

I'm not doubting, but I'm quite interested as I play QB at the high school level and bench press as well. From what I know, most QB's bench, its just common football training. What about Jay Cutler, he's supposed to have the strongest arm at the combine and he put up 225 over 20 times-- more than all but one RB?

Archived