Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Burleson could be had for a mere 3rd rounder...

Portis the Tortoise

If the price is right and we can fit him under the cap, I'd be all over this. This is the type of player that the 'skins in Gibbs II have gone after. A relatively young guy that has already shown something but whose best years should be ahead of him.

I remember him dropping that crossing route against us the year before last. He had all day to run.... and he took his eyes off of it to see where he could run and then dropped it. Could have won the game for them.

I'd rather have someone like Moulds...experienced...was a #1... now can be a competent #2 opposite Moss.

If we're going to take a flyer on a young guy.... I might look at Koren Robinson due to his explosiveness. He's had the drops as well.... but if he's cleaned up his act and realizes this is his last chance... maybe he'll work a little harder and hold on to the football.

I agree with oldskool... we can get better receivers either in the draft or through FA. Not to mention, how old is Burleson? I think I would rather have a young guy that suanders can groom from the beginning of his career.

Burleson for a 3rd is a no brainer assuming he will be affordable. He is a young 24 years old and was drafted in the 2003 draft in the 3rd round.

Who could we get that is better in the draft in the 3rd round? Who in Free agency?

how can Burleson be worth a 3rd, but Ramsey only 4-6th?

I would not take any less than a very high 4th for Ramsey although I would be very reluctant to do so. I would feel pretty good about a 3rd though. Anything less than a high 4th is perposterous.

the sad truth is neither are worth that much..

I have to disagree with you. First take Burleson. He is a young, cheap, 1000 yard receiver who will only get better. In 2004 he had 68 receptions for 1006 yards and 9 TDs. Last season he had injury issues and had a backup QB throwing to him when he was healthy so he had a down year. He is a perfect #2 WR.

Now Ramsey... you do not believe that he is worth a 4th-6th rounder? Maybe I am misunderstanding you but please elaborate.

I would do this without ever blinking an eye. That is an absolute steal for him. He had over 1000 yards 2 yrs ago when he played with that other Moss.

The real question is how much $ does he want if we do offer him a contract.

What we would get in the 3rd round would not come close to equalling what we would get from Burleson next year. Down the road isn't a big deal either because Burleson is only 24.

Redskin 1 better be gassed up and ready to go.

Archived