Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Starting NFL QB's that Ramsey would be better than

Byner21

I havent thought about it but why wouldnt some one like the Bears who are close to being a Super Bowl team give us their second round pick for Ramsey? I know Ramsey is better then the two QBs that played this season for the bears.

Why would they give us ANY pick if they think they can pick him up after we cut him? Also, I think they are more than happy enough with Grossman. He made them look like they had an offense against Carolina in the playoffs.

Can you see us giving somebody a second round pick for a back up QB? Anyone on that list in the first post?

Rex Grossman did fine for the bears last year. They have two young QBs in Orton and Grossman, it would not make sense for them to go after another. Besides, Ramsey would just be a second or third stringer there as well, so he would not want to go there anyway. Grossman has not had much of a chance to play. I think as long as he keeps from being injured, he will do very well. He is all the bears need for a QB. I do not think Ramsey is better then Grossman.

When it is true, yes.

But come on. Seriously, only Skins fans are putting Ramsey ahead of Bledsoe.

And not even all Skins fans would do that.

Bledsoe was a great quarterback in his prime, and he even did a pretty good job with Dallas last year considering his age. I certainly wouldn't say Ramsey now is better than Bledsoe ever was. But Bledsoe, like Brunell, is in his declining years. A currently young Ramsey is easily on par with Bledsoe right now.

Face it, Ramsey is the type of QB Dallas needs right now - not an inexperienced and unproven rookie who will take years to reach his peak, but a young guy who's best football is in front of him and who's got the potential to be a good starting QB in this league. I know inter NFC East trades are highly unlikely, but if Dallas found a way to aquire Ramsey via a trade with another team (think Owens from SF to Baltimore, to Philly), I'd have to tip my hat to them. While I'm rushing for the toilet that is....

:puke:

You've got to consider the Ram's total yardage was wracked up in the equivalent of about 24 games and that projects to 3000 yd seasons. Those are Hall of Fame numbers. He's also thrown for 34 TD's, better than one and a half a game. Also, even though he's played much less than others, he has been by far the most productive Redskin over the past four years.

Mark Brunell

Kyle Boller

Alex Smith/Ken Dorsey

Joey Harrington

Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton

JP Losman

David Carr

Gus Frerotte

Charlie Frye

Chris Simms

Jeff Garcia

Kerry Collins

Aaron Brooks

Drew Bledsoe

Michael Vick

Jake Plummer

Daunte Culpepper

You've got to consider the Ram's total yardage was wracked up in the equivalent of about 24 games and that projects to 3000 yd seasons. Those are Hall of Fame numbers. He's also thrown for 34 TD's, better than one and a half a game. Also, even though he's played much less than others, he has been by far the most productive Redskin over the past four years.

Brunell last season was more productive than Ramsey has ever been. Sure Ramsey would conceivably put up higher yardage and TD totals in a season than Brunell, but his INTs would be extremely counter-productive and give him a pretty big downside.

Also, even though he's played much less than others, he has been by far the most productive Redskin over the past four years.

Mark Brunell

Kyle Boller

Alex Smith/Ken Dorsey

Joey Harrington

Rex Grossman/Kyle Orton

JP Losman

David Carr

Gus Frerotte

Charlie Frye

Chris Simms

Jeff Garcia

Kerry Collins

Aaron Brooks

Drew Bledsoe

Michael Vick

Jake Plummer

Daunte Culpepper

Exactly why Coach Gibbs haven't traded him yet and he never guaranteed he will. He only stated that they were going to look at it. But good post! And this is why Coach Gibbs is being careful in how he deals with this, PR situation, and not work with haste. Oh Brunnel he can handle it but when it comes to injuries there's always the fear of uncertanties.

Cause if we take a chance on Campbell and Brunell goes down and Campbell is still in the learning curve then all I can say is may God be with you and whoever don't belive in him they better be right! Ramsey is a very sensitive issue because he's at the point in his career where the investment in him is primed for a return payoff. And how Mr Snyder (I spelled it right), Coach Gibbs and F/O deals with that payoff in getting return for their investment is huge and means a lot.

I mean Ramsey is better than Michael Vick; don't believe me ? Okay let's say Michael Vick was our QB would we be a seriouse Super Bowl contender? I would say no. Not because of the the traits or qualitys Vick brings or the lack of a certain skill set but he simply doesn't fit. Every skill Ramsey has as a pro QB is because of the Redskins' investment. So don't be surprise if the Redskins don't decide to deal him. I wouldn't take less than a second rounder maybe a 3rd. But we'll see.

I mean Ramsey is better than Michael Vick; don't believe me ? Okay let's say Michael Vick was our QB would we be a seriouse Super Bowl contender? I would say no. Not because of the the traits or qualitys Vick brings or the lack of a certain skill set but he simply doesn't fit. Every skill Ramsey has as a pro QB is because of the Redskins' investment. So don't be surprise if the Redskins don't decide to deal him. I wouldn't take less than a second rounder maybe a 3rd. But we'll see.

Ramsey being a better fit for us doesn't make him better than Vick. Quite frankly, if I had to choose one over the other I'd rather have Vick and I am NOT a Michael Vick fan. They both have amazing arms but neither has proven they have the consistency to remain starting QBs in the long haul. With Vick, however, you get a little less consistency and a huge advantage in his ability to pick up yards on the ground.

Also Jake Plummer and Daunte Culpepper should not be on that list. Plummer is definitely not a great QB but he proved this season that he can be consistent and is a much more well-rounded player than Ramsey is. Culpepper has had one really awful season in the last few years and before that we all would have agreed he was something else... so I think it's WAY too soon to say he's a worse QB than Ramsey.

Ramsey being a better fit for us doesn't make him better than Vick. Quite frankly, if I had to choose one over the other I'd rather have Vick and I am NOT a Michael Vick fan.

Okay good feed back, but I didn't say he was better than Vick...ask that you read. As a matter of fact I clearly said that it wasn't because of the traits and qualities Vick has or lack of, and everybody lacks traits and qualitys. But doesn't mean they fit. I also didn't rule Ramsey's trade out or in. Why? Because Coach Gibbs hasn't ruled it in or out. No I don't think Vick can take us to the Super Bowl. Again we'll see, and thanks for the feed back you had some good points.

I was upset that we drafted Ramsey because I would have prefered to wait a year and try to get Grossman(i understand the lunacy in this way of thinking). I wouldn't change that now.

I would much prefer Grossman(who has hardly started any games, but played decently) over Ramsey(who has started more games, but faired not so decently).

I would take Bledsoe over Ramsey. I'm not stupid. They are very similar, except Bledsoe has taken teams to the playoffs many times.

To add to an earlier post, it isn't Billick as much as Newsome who has been in Boller's corner.

Okay good feed back, but I didn't say he was better than Vick...ask that you read. As a matter of fact I clearly said that it wasn't because of the traits and qualities Vick has or lack of, and everybody lacks traits and qualitys. But doesn't mean they fit.

I also addressed that and acknowledged what you said about the "fit" of the players into our system (evidently I'm not the one who needs to read). However, I did make a point of affirming that I think Vick is the better QB even if he didn't necessarily fit. Keep in mind... the Falcons were not well adapted to having a fast QB in their offense when he was drafted, either.

My tirade more so was a critique of crazyhorse's addition of Vick, Culpepper, and Plummer to the list, anyway.

Vick is over-rated. Hit pass accuracy is pretty bad. If he could learn how to be accurate and combine that with his ability to move and his arm, he would be amazing, but the fact of the matter is that he is not accurate enough.

Precisely why I'm not interested in Vick as a QB. Also, to me, he shows a complete lack of interest in learning to be an NFL passer; I think his superlative skills, ironically, are going to end up keeping him a mediocre QB with great high light films. I don't think much of Simms either...seems the beneficiary of an excellent system to me, but only a so so player. Plummer's one good year doesn't convince-- I've alway regard him as an opportunity for us; and I don't think it's lost of anybody that Culpepper without Moss is maybe not Culpepper.

Brunell last season was more productive than Ramsey has ever been. Sure Ramsey would conceivably put up higher yardage and TD totals in a season than Brunell, but his INTs would be extremely counter-productive and give him a pretty big downside.

To put it perhaps more correctly, Brunell last season was more productive than Brunell had ever been before. The Ram, however, in relation to yardage, projects out better for his season and a half of play. Brunell in 2005-6 had a lower GB rating than Ramsey and a better TD to Int ratio.

Brunell's TD to Int ratio was excellent last year but is usually mediocre, as is Ramsey's. Both QB's use legs for extra yardage. Brunell scrambles effectively; Ramsey uses strength to release at last possible second and often connects in the grasp of tacklers.

Brunell's worse statistic is that he's only played 16 games twice in his twelve year career and 15 games only twice. He's also been hurt four of the last five years and was benched by Jacksonville four years ago because of age and injury.

Ramsey is not better then anybody. He is young and has a strong arm. Other then that has not looked good enough to get a team in the playoffs. He did not play at a major d 1 conference. He is a back up.

lol.... so every good qb has to play in a major d1 confrence?.. your statement doesnt make to much sense, and show's how much you know about talent..in qb's anyway.Why dont you look at what he was up against when he was the starter... you'd notice that he didnt look that bad for a young guy (even tho he's just a "backup" and didnt blay in a major confrence).. but hey.. that might be the sol reason we are getting rid of him..:laugh:

How 'bout Mark "nothing left in the second half of the season" Brunell? :laugh:

Underwater Ally, when I read your comment, I couldn't help but break into laughter . I've no comment just funny. This is a great thread (Thanks Byner21) and I'll come back up after 10 tonight:cheers:

:applause:

SKIN DEEP!

Vick is over-rated. Hit pass accuracy is pretty bad. If he could learn how to be accurate and combine that with his ability to move and his arm, he would be amazing, but the fact of the matter is that he is not accurate enough.

Agree he's over-rated as an quarterback but you can't deny that he's an great athlete..

Boller and Harrington are the only ones I could maybe see him starting over right now. Heck, even Boller is iffy, considering how much the Ravens have invested in him.

He may be better than some of the other qbs listed, but you have to take into account how young the qbs are and what the team's plans qb wise. I mean, the 49ers certainly aren't going to bench Smith for Ramsey.

Boller finally started playing the last 5 games of last season. hs stats the last 5 games of last season were good and if he carries them over to this season should be a very good qb for years to come

Ramsey is better than...

Alex Smith/Dorsey

Harrington/Garcia

Kerry Collins

Kyle Orton

Gus Frerotte

he is not better than David Carr. I have always been a fan of Carr's. I think if you put Carr behind the Colts o-line, he'd be really good.

i could have success behind the colts o-line

The sad thing is that you can add Mark Brunnell to this list.

Yeah. Brunell (I find it is usually only the Brunell bashers that can't spell his name right) hasn't done squat, he has only returned us to the playoffs. This was with only two real receiving threats (Cooley/Moss) and w/ arguably the hardest schedule in the NFL. Gibbs is one of the greatest coaches of all time, I trust his judgement that Ramsey isn't the right guy, and Brunell is. Anybody who watched the preseason games this past season knows Brunell was looking far better than Ramsey. Ramsey has never looked comfortable in the pocket, never. That is why he will never be the starter for the Redskins again. Brunell has solidified himself as the team leader also. He, with many other players, has brought unity and brotherhood to this team. What else does he have to do before the bashing stops and people stop second-guessing him to an unproven back-up? I guess when we win the Superbowl w/ Brunell next year and Ramsey whithers away on whatever team we trade him to. I still wish Ramsey the best of luck, but Brunell is better, and I'd like the bashers to stop acting like Eagles fans. Thanks.

Archived