Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Kenard Lang released; perfect for our system (merged)

RDSKNfaithfull

I thought they had been playing Lang at outside linebacker in Cleveland...and he's gotta be in his early/mid thirties by now. If he hasn't lost too much weight to play on the line, I'd take him back, but only as a backup d-end. He's all but certainly too light to switch between end and tackle like he used to.

I used to love his motor, the way he'd lose his helmet, but still make those madman tackles without it in the backfield anyway...wonder if he's still got it.

he is 31 but with no major history of injury

I would like to see him play DE for us 6-3 257 maybe he will bulk up got 270 and be a monster.

he is never going to be a monster.. but he is a durable, versatile guy who can play a lot of positions. just the kind of guy that williams could find a lot of use for-- at the right price

I liked him when he was here. Wynn may be released as his contract number is rising. If Lang is cheap, I'd rather bring him back.

Lang only had 2 sacks, but it says he only started 5 games as an OLB. I think if he fattens up again and we put him at DE, he will be good.

You can get a rookie in the 2nd or 3rd round for depth that will provide the same type of production at 1/2 the salary.

But those are picks we could be using to adress other needs than just depth. I'd like to see Kenard come back if he can put the weight back on he lost to play OLB. Just by looking at his numbers you can tell he was out of position. He's not going to be the force he use to be but we have other vets on our team that can still get it done so I don't see why he couldn't.

I think K. Lang could provide valuable depth and versatility for our DL. He's probably still got enough in the tank to play as a rotational guy for a few more years.

OTOH I could be a little biased since he's a homey. I love to see those guys from my hometown playing for my Skins;)

I think it would be great to have him back.. The thing that stands out to me is his forced fumbles. He can create them and that is a big thing the Skins need. They did better at the end of the year creating turnovers, this would only help more. Why not throw it out there and see what happens?

Archived