Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Right now it is OK. I banged my toe playing tennis a week ago.

It got swollen and look bruised (dark purple) around the nail and behind. I thought I may have broken the nail at the root, which may still be the case. The nail wasn't broken from the skin or anything. I didn't think there was blood behind the nail because I have had it before and it look different.

The swelling went down along with the pain some. The nail needed a little trimming b/c i wanted to make sure it would grow properly. When i went to pull it back some to cut it, thats when the puss and blood squireted out.

Like I said, the toe looks good. Its just mostly not attached behind the nail to the actual toe. I just have to play the waiting game I guee unless you have any other suggestions.

Puss and blood was the first sign for me. Then the pain became unbearable and it started to smell like it was rotting or something. That's when I got help.

I would just keep it clean though. That's the main thing. The doctor told me that if I had kept it clean I never would have developed an infection. Maybe some aspirin for the pain? Yeah, that would be my advice. If it gets any worse, I'd get it checked out. Trauma to my toe is what set mine off. There was already something wrong with it but I never noticed until my girlfriend stepped on my foot.

if you hit it playing tennis, then I guess it's sort of the same.

Puss and blood was the first sign for me. Then the pain became unbearable and it started to smell like it was rotting or something. That's when I got help.

I would just keep it clean though. That's the main thing. The doctor told me that if I had kept it clean I never would have developed an infection. Maybe some aspirin for the pain? Yeah, that would be my advice. If it gets any worse, I'd get it checked out. Trauma to my toe is what set mine off. There was already something wrong with it but I never noticed until my girlfriend stepped on my foot.

if you hit it playing tennis, then I guess it's sort of the same.

Thanks.

Yeah, as soon as that happened last night, I dumped a bunch of Hydrogen peroxide in it and it bubble like a volcano. I let it air out while I slept to avoid any fungus or moisture that could breed an infection. I have it bandaged up underneath my sock today. I'll do the same tonight.

I guess I should soak it like you did there so the nail can be soft and grow above the skin and not into it.

Lukily I don't have anymore pain. But it sure is a pain in the ass to deal with and worry about.

Thanks.

Yeah, as soon as that happened last night, I dumped a bunch of Hydrogen peroxide in it and it bubble like a volcano. I let it air out while I slept to avoid any fungus or moisture that could breed an infection. I have it bandaged up underneath my sock today. I'll do the same tonight.

I guess I should soak it like you did there so the nail can be soft and grow above the skin and not into it.

Lukily I don't have anymore pain. But it sure is a pain in the ass to deal with and worry about.

One more thing. If it gets really bad and you can't stand it anymore, try and see if you can go to a podiatrist or your primary doctor first. I don't know how your health insurance works and if you need a reference but when I went to the ER, they didn't have a clue what they were doing. They tried to remove the nail and couldn't get it. Worst ordeal I have ever been through.

They really like to hack people up in the ER.:silly:

I told you TJ was the go to guy for this. However I was not expecting him to post the pic again. I should have known though.

Good luck with it bro, I hope it gets better.

Had you not mentioned the picture I wouldn't have posted it.:evilg:

Thanks, I'll post some pics tonight:silly:

Sure why not. Maybe Stickboi can make a poll to see which one of you has the sexiest feet. :D

Had you not mentioned the picture I wouldn't have posted it.:evilg:

As soon as I posted it, I knew I would regret it. lol.

May need to change your name to Toe Jam 2. :hysterical:

Now that is an idea. Your own personal mini-me.

He secretly want you to!

Your toe in that pic looks worse than mine.

And no I certainly did not. And yours was purple, I didn't see purple in B's pic. Your's is probably on par with his.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4341098&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

In a new ABC reality television series that begins filming this week, Shaq will take on other top athletes in their own sports.

O'Neal

O'Neal

"Shaq Vs.", which is set to premiere Aug. 18 at 9 p.m. ET, begins filming Wednesday in Pittsburgh, where Shaq will take on Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in football.

Future episodes of the hour-long show will feature Shaq against Olympic swimming sensation Michael Phelps, boxing legend Oscar De La Hoya, St. Louis Cardinals slugger Albert Pujols, tennis star Serena Williams and beach volleyball Olympians Misty May-Treanor and Kerri Walsh.

Shaq told USA Today that he came up with the idea as a way to train for the NBA season. Shaq figured Americans "would really want to see an athlete play another sport," according to the newspaper. The Cleveland Cavaliers, Shaq's new team, have cleared the 37-year-old O'Neal to take part in the show.

I'm usually bashing dumb Reality TV (yes ren, Real World sucks) but this sounds like fun

grrr i hate gimmicky video game players lolanyways i cut it down to a td at halftime and am beginnign to exploit his little gimmicks soo i should be ok

Reminds me of all the people that used to play as the Falcons so they could use Vick. I hate playing ppl online because people use 3 teams in Madden: Pats, Colts, Cowboys.

Archived