• Blog Entries

• By TK in ES Coverage
      In today's Divisional Debacle, the Defense under Greg Manusky in the first half, gave up 207 yards of offense (105 rushing/102 passing) and two touchdowns.  That said, they did manage a single INT on which the Offense actually managed to score a touchdown off of. They allowed 12 of 16 passes to be completed . 

In the second half it was 107 yards given up (58 rushing//49 passing) a field goal and a touchdown. They traded their first half pick for a second half sack. However, Dallas completed all five of their pass attempts. 

Don't read that thinking "Well it seems like they tightened up some in the 2nd half."  They didn't. They simply had about half the plays in the second half. 30 plays in the First and 18 in the Second.

So far in two Divisional matchups, the Defense has faltered in the Second half. They start out like a house of fire for the first few drives until their opponents gradually make adjustments. This Defensive coaching staff fails make any adjustments, whether in game or at the very least at Halftime. They've given up over 30 points per game for a total of 63 points given up in two games. While the Bears are up next, the Pats await and they've put up over 70 points in two games. Yeah. Ok. They did shut out the Dolphins today which is looking like the NFL version of ... ahem... shooting fish in a barrel. 

The frustrating thing is Manusky is the DC that the Front Office actively looked to replace during the off season without firing him. When you know they're looking to replace you, most people would make a concentrated effort to show an improvement. Yet Manusky's Defense still keeps acting like it's starring in Groundhog Day.

In his post game presser, when asked directly about if any coaching changes would be made, Gruden said "No, I think after two games – you’re talking about playing two very good offensive football teams and two of the best offensive lines in pro football we just played back-to-back. That’s no excuse whatsoever, but I don’t think we need to hit the panic button yet. We just have to continue to focus on what we can do better to win. Get Jonathan [Allen] in here, get a couple of our corners back in here and let’s go back and strap it up against Chicago [Bears] next week and see what happens.” 

Here's another frustrating thing. The defensive communication was an issue last season as well. Wasn't this supposed to have been worked on during OTA's and Training Camp? It's understandable that the rookies would still be on a learning curve, but NFL vets like Collins and DRC you'd think they would have down by the start of the season. 

Gruden said they're a very talented group on Defense but that they weren't reaching them. When questioned as to why the coaching staff that has been in place for several years, wasn't reaching them, he defended the comment as them being a young defense. “We have some moving parts now. Landon Collins is a veteran guy but this is his first year, [Montez] Sweat’s in his first year, [Cole] Holcomb, it’s his first year, [Jon] Bostic is in his first year. We’re playing Dominique [Rodgers-Cromartie] at corner and this is Jimmy Moreland’s first year, so it’s not like we are the most experienced group. We feel like were very talented, but we`re still fighting through somethings. There are a lot of things to look forward to, without a doubt, but we do have to play better and strap it up and get back to work."

stevenaa

Random Thought Thread

Women that smoke are a huge turnoff.

Not always.

A lot of guys on this site love this chick...

scarlett-johanson-smoking.jpg

This one had a moment:

jaime-pressly-abs-smoking.jpg

Maybe for you...

Frankly I see it as "Sweet a chick that won't make me do something I don't want to do" (Quitting... At least not now)

It's actually about +.3 on the 1-10 hotness scale...

^^ Never said I still wouldn't :hump: a hot chic that smoked. But they definitely wouldn't be a keeper.

^^ Never said I still wouldn't only have a one night stand with a chic that smoked. But they definitely might be a keeper.

BTW do you know of any bars that are looking for bartenders?

My boss went up to one of my tables the other day and said "Sorry you have to look at this ugly ass mother ****er" because I'm the only male bartender at my place and I was the only bartender working that day.... (IIRC, you live in my neck of the woods)

Edited by IONTOP

My boss went up to one of my tables the other day and said "Sorry you have to look at this ugly ass mother ****er" because I'm the only male bartender at my place and I was the only bartender working that day.... (IIRC, you live in my neck of the woods)

Didn't you post this story before ?

^^ Never said I still wouldn't only have a one night stand with a chic that smoked. But they definitely might be a keeper.

Nah, I don't live in your area.

But your boss sounds like a real douche. I wouldn't put up with that crap. I would let him know real quick that wasn't cool. Good luck with finding a new job though.

Why definitely not ?

I guess this is addressed to me? I could only take so much of a girl that smoked. 1. Its really bad for your health, and the health of others. 2. It costs too damn much. 3. Its disgusting. About the only redeeming quality that I can think of, is probably 95% of chics that smoke, put out.:pfft:

Edited by Bubble Screen

I agree with that 9 out of 10 times. Basically with women who smoke as a constant habit. I know some girls who only smoke once in awhile though, depending on the occasion/mood/etc. I can over look that.

Tom Cruise is a crazy guy and all, but I'll still see his movies (when they're good, not stuff like Knight & Day).

Collateral is on TNT right now and he is awesome in this film.

I guess this is addressed to me? I could only take so much of a girl that smoked. 1. Its really bad for your health, and the health of others. 2. It costs too damn much. 3. Its disgusting. About the only redeeming quality that I think of, is probably 95% of chics that smoke, put out.:pfft: Then again, I don't have any problems in that area.

ION, I don't really live near you either, I am in Charlotte. Sorry Bro.

Bubble, For me it would depend on how much she smoked, when and why. Although my lady has never smoked (besides trying it) according to her and her family which all of them smoked at some point. Hmmm... She is in the dental field though and was known as a goody two shoes as a kid.

I dont think all girls that smoke are sexy, nor do I believe most are easy.

I only dated one woman that smoked in my life. But only about 5 per day.

I'd honestly be willing to drive 85 everyday for a place that paid >$250/night...

Bubble, For me it would depend on how much she smoked, when and why. Although my lady has never smoked (besides trying it) according to her and her family which all of them smoked at some point. Hmmm... She is in the dental field though and was known as a goody two shoes as a kid.

I dont think all girls that smoke are sexy, nor do I believe most are easy.

I only dated one woman that smoked in my life. But only about 5 per day.

Yeah, I agree with you and Spartacus on this. If it was just every blue moon, sure, I could probably deal with that. But I was talking about the habitual ones. Disgusting.

Edited by Bubble Screen

I'd honestly be willing to drive 85 everyday for a place that paid >$250/night...

In that Saturn ? How much longer is it going to last ? :silly:

You work in a restaurant not a club right ? You are going to need to experience a lot more volume than 300 bucks an hour to get a gig here that you can make 250 a night.

EDIT: You might be able to get into a place like Morton's or Capital Grille though. Now that I think about it. I will ask my buddies.

Edited by Kosher Ham

ION, I posed this question the other night. Have you ever tried the Jeremiah Weed stuff? I've heard good things about it. Was thinking of trying it out. Is it any good?

Yeah, I agree with you and Spartacus on this. If it was just every blue moon, sure, I could probably deal with that. But I was talking about the habitual ones. Disgusting.

Especially if she was smoking hot and had potential. :ols:

In that Saturn ? How much longer is it going to last ? :silly:

You work in a restaurant not a club right ? You are going to need to experience a lot more volume than 300 bucks an hour to get a gig here that you can make 250 a night.

Saturn's gone...

The restaurant I worked at previously ran >$500/hr on average (The record they did was $13k on a UFC night), I'm at a pizza place now that might not have even broken $13k/week. I can sling drinks without a problem, honestly I prefer that, because I don't have to milk tips out of people.

Actually one of my best friends works at Bar Charlotte (Went to HS at South Rowan before moving to Arkansas) and I've been thinking of asking if he will let me know when they've got openings...

Right now it's a job that pays the rent... Nothing more, I eat out 1 or 2 times a month so I can still pay my bills... If I can find a job that pays me 50% more, I'll drive to F'n Miami every day...

ION, I posed this question the other night. Have you ever tried the Jeremiah Weed stuff? I've heard good things about it. Was thinking of trying it out. Is it any good?

Got a bottle here now... Let me try it after I'm done with my beer...

Alright... Here's the review...

Strong bourbon taste, mild tea flavor afterward, I personally prefer Firefly... My roommate actually went to the ABC store and they were giving out A CASE for anyone who was looking to buy Firefly...

BTW I didn't drink it, swished it around in my mouth and spit it out, because I HATE the flavor of tea..

Its ok, man. I was just bustin' your balls. There's nothing you can do about being short. But please tell me you aren't one of those guys that drive the oversized pickups to somehow compensate?

**** that

I don't drive gas guzzling vehicles