Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Philly.com: Eagle fan sues Portis' mom(merged)

kevhow

Post one report which states that THIS woman threw a beer on her.

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136949&highlight=Portis+mother

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5216732

Portis' Mom Reportedly Punches Out Fan

Redskins running back Clinton Portis took a beating in a victory over the Eagles on Sunday. But his mother apparently dished one out, according to a report in The Washington Post.

The Post says that in the fourth quarter of the game in Philadelphia, Portis' mom, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis' stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan tossed a beer on the group.

Hearn responded by punching the woman in the face. And that's why Hearn watched part of the game on the Redskins' sideline.

"She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with her," Portis said.

"I think fans take that too serious. People come to the game to have a good time, that's what you should do. If you decide your team is losing and you want to cause trouble, then you're going to get what you're looking for. And (Sunday), whoever that fan was, they got what they were looking for."

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=137308&highlight=Portis+mother

found this clip from Rich Eisens yearly awards article...

Toughest Mom of the Year -- Clinton Portis' mother. While Donovan McNabb's mother can apply serious peer pressure to eat right, she doesn't use brute force. Then again, maybe that's the reason why Terrell Owens has been wearing sunglasses at night. But, in case you hadn't heard, Portis' mom, named Rhonnel Hearn, took care of business at the Redskins' season finale in Philadelphia. If you watched the broadcast, you probably noticed a shot of Portis' mom, all bedecked in Redskins garb, standing on the sideline. Joe Buck intimated she had been brought there for her own safety after getting hit by something in the stands. Well, on Tuesday, the Washington Post reported that, before being whisked to the field by security, Portis' mom hit back ... with her fist. Apparently, Rhonnel was sitting in the end zone when Eagles fans pelted her with a frosty one. Not taking too kindly to the beer shower in the freezing cold, Rhonnel reportedly found the female fan who chucked the brewski and punched her in the face! How did the Post know? The son confirmed it thusly: "She busted some lady in the nose, but that'll just teach you about messing with my mom." I think Chunky Soup has a new spokeswoman, complete with a built-in catchphrase -- Eat right ... or else. Either way, you'll be eating your meal through a straw!

http://nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9141403

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...6010201650.html

In Philly, Mama Said Knock You Out

Tuesday, January 3, 2006; Page E05

Clinton Portis took a beating in Sunday's victory over Philadelphia. Apparently, his mother dished one out.

In the fourth quarter, Portis's mother, Rhonnel Hearn, was sitting in the end zone at Lincoln Financial Field with Portis's stepfather and some friends when an Eagles fan tossed a beer on the group. Portis's mother responded by punching the woman in the face, Portis said.

What if the poor gal who got punched did nothing but get punched in the face? Is it a frivilous lawsuit then? Or is she allowed to get punched in the face because of the actions of fans who root for the same team as she does?

Are you kidding me. Westy I expected better than that. Your right Portis's mom, who had taken the abuse all game prior to the beer throwing, just randomly punched some chick. I highly doubt she turned around and just hit the first person she saw. More like she knew who threw the beer and decked her for it.

Sounds like someone pelted Mrs Portis and she responded by punching this small little harmless girl. I hope the court of law figures out what really happened.

I know you want to stand up for your fellow fan, but the "small little harmless girl" is also know as that dumb little b!+ch who threw a beer at Portis' mom and got her comupins.

A fan or this girl?

Face it, there was prolly 100 of their fans that deserved it. Momma Portis only got her lick on one before security had to come in and protect the other 99. Eagles fans have the DESERVED reputation of being the ABSOLUTE worst fans in this or any other league.

Try and deflect it the best you can but I'm sure you'd be crowing if Momma Chunky Soup had laid out an obnoxious Skins fan. But there aren't that many of those so you won't get your chance. I go to the games and have never seen anything approaching even your average Iggles fan's behavior.

Losers!!!!

Sounds like someone pelted Mrs Portis and she responded by punching this small little harmless girl. I hope the court of law figures out what really happened.

Dang man, accept it. There were witnesses that said she punched the girl that threw the beer at her. It is reported in the newpaper that she punched the girl that threw the beer at her. Just accept the fact that you can tell this girl has somewhat of a drinking problem, an attitude problem, and just got what was ocming to her. Just go to that blog thing of hers and its obvious.

I must say there is some serious double standards going on in this thread, but my quesion is Portis' mother was in the front right< I assume she is watching the game right? so a beer hits her from behind? How does she know who to go hit? She have eyes in the back of her head?

I must say there is some serious double standards going on in this thread, but my quesion is Portis' mother was in the front right< I assume she is watching the game right? so a beer hits her from behind? How does she know who to go hit? She have eyes in the back of her head?
Have you ever been to a sporting event before? You know who is heckling in your section, even if they are behind you.

I hit a guy once that I didn't see throw the can that hit me. I got the right guy. It wasn't hard to establish who did the throwing. I figure it was easy for Mom to do the same.

Now you are assuming. When you were were hit with the can where were you what stadium?

Why dont you go to the link the next cowboy-egal game then come back and tell us how nice there fans were and how they welcomed you as there own family. :laugh:

I went to a game at the Vet with my father years ago when I was younger. Wore an Aikman jersey while there and recall exactly 0 problems.

I am not quite sure what this has to do with how she saw who threw the beer with her back turned

Now you are assuming. When you were were hit with the can where were you what stadium?

I'm ok with the assuming thing, but more accurate, I am suggesting a explanation I consider likely. I'm specifically suggesting that in similar human interactions there are usually similar human dynamics.

In this case, they would include the instigator usually claiming credit or being identified by their pals based on a sense of security in numbers, combined with the less likely happening that the person struck would simply walk over and hit just anybody in retaliation.

Simply:You get hit, you get up and demand who did it, and if someone identified themselves or someone else, you have a reaction (like a punch), and if not, you probably have some response, but you wouldn’t likely just wander over and slug someone. It’s merely my speculation on the most reasonable explanation, and using experience combined with common sense, nothing more

I'm ok with the assuming thing, but more accurate, I am suggesting a explanation I consider likely. I'm specifically suggesting that in similar human interactions there are usually similar human dynamics.

In this case, they would include the instigator usually claiming credit or being identified by their pals based on a sense of security in numbers, combined with the less likely happening that the person struck would simply walk over and hit just anybody in retaliation.

Simply:You get hit, you get up and demand who did it, and if someone identified themselves or someone else, you have a reaction (like a punch), and if not, you probably have some response, but you wouldn’t likely just wander over and slug someone. It’s merely my speculation on the most reasonable explanation, and using experience combined with common sense, nothing more

Thats a good post. My thinking was that the group had been harrassing her and when the beer was thrown she took the oppurtunity to defend herself and hit the woman in the group. My experience when it comes to antics such as tossing beer ect. Its usually a guy that did it

Archived