Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Favorite Clinton Portis Run This Year

PotomacSkinsFan

I liked two runs in the Arizona game. For the TD run, I liked it when he ran in for a TD while holding onto sellers jersey. The other run that I liked against the Cards was at the end of the game when Portis just got SLAMMED into by the Cardinal linebacker and looked like he was going down, but there comes the o-line and keeps Portis on his feet and takes him past the first down marker. After seeing that run, I knew that the skins' were serious about making that late push into the playoffs.

I liked the one against the Giants I believe. He didn't get a TD, but he was on the sideline and just kept fighting for the yards. Ran to the outside, ran over a tackler, lowered his head into a tackler, bullied his way through, and got tackled at the 1.

Just showed his increased determination, his will to win, and just the pinnacle of the new portis over last year's portis.

I think that was against Dallas. That was a heckuva run.

I can’t remember what game it was but we were trying to run the clock out on the ground. CP ran it up the middle and he was well short of the first down but the whole offensive line pushed him passed the first down marker. It gave me chills.

It reminded me of the scene in “Friday Night Lights” where they tried to push the pile for the winning TD but didn’t get in. Ours had a happy ending!!

Can anyone remember which game that was?

I can’t remember what game it was but we were trying to run the clock out on the ground. CP ran it up the middle and he was well short of the first down but the whole offensive line pushed him passed the first down marker. It gave me chills.

It reminded me of the scene in “Friday Night Lights” where they tried to push the pile for the winning TD but didn’t get in. Ours had a happy ending!!

Can anyone remember which game that was?

Arizona or STL

While it was not a time he carried the ball, my favorite portis play this season was when he made that game saving tackle in the first eagles game after brunnel fumbled in the backfield.
Heck yeah. That tackle saved the game. If I remeber right, Portis was everywhere in that game: receiving, blocking, tackling, and running.

Archived