Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I got your posession receiver right here. But you have to wait.

The Batman

Okay, I am admittedly partial to USC [Carolina not SoCal, WE WON THAT LAWSUIT DAMNIT], but as a fan this year I witnessed the coming out of a future superstar in Sydney Rice. I am aware that he is staying with us for at least another year, but realistically that's all. He was National Freshman of the Year this year [redshirted] and he has good size at 6'4" 185. He has gamebreaking speed and he catches ANYTHING thrown his way, despite the erratic play post-ankle injury of our starting QB Blake Mitchell. Consider this. We pick up Eric Moulds or someone of his mold [no pun intended] for the short term, and with our first rounder next year draft Rice [or trade up to get him], groom him under Moulds and then when Moulds retires a few years from now Rice would be the PERFECT number 2 in the same vein as Monk was in the 80s.

Thoughts?

:logo:

im a USC student...and I'll back him up...this cat is gonna be siiiicckkkk. Broke numerous of Sharpe's USC records...in his freshmen year! I say he comes out in 2 years and is a top 5 pick. So hopefully, we wont be drafting him cause that means we'll have sucked the year before.

Okay, I am admittedly partial to USC [Carolina not SoCal, WE WON THAT LAWSUIT DAMNIT], but as a fan this year I witnessed the coming out of a future superstar in Sydney Rice. I am aware that he is staying with us for at least another year, but realistically that's all. He was National Freshman of the Year this year [redshirted] and he has good size at 6'4" 185. He has gamebreaking speed and he catches ANYTHING thrown his way, despite the erratic play post-ankle injury of our starting QB Blake Mitchell. Consider this. We pick up Eric Moulds or someone of his mold [no pun intended] for the short term, and with our first rounder next year draft Rice [or trade up to get him], groom him under Moulds and then when Moulds retires a few years from now Rice would be the PERFECT number 2 in the same vein as Monk was in the 80s.

Thoughts?

My thoughts....a 6'4 WR with speed sounds like a good thing....I was born in SC and although I didn't stay there long I still gotta respect my fellow South Caroliners lol

im a USC student...and I'll back him up...this cat is gonna be siiiicckkkk. Broke numerous of Sharpe's USC records...in his freshmen year! I say he comes out in 2 years and is a top 5 pick. So hopefully, we wont be drafting him cause that means we'll have sucked the year before.

Remember though that it is not outside of the realm of possibility that whatever year he comes out we package maybe our top 2-3 picks to get into the top 5. And anyone who has seen him play would know that he's worth it.

EDIT: Mods, could you fix the title and put another "S" in posSession? I wouldn't want CowboyinDC coming by to school me on the finer points of grammar and spelling.:laugh:

I'm not one to jump on a bandwagon, especially since I'm from SC, but from what I've seen so far he will be SICK!!!!. I'm talking about as a possession receiver. He is good at using his body. If he doesn't get the big head he could be really good.

6'4" 185 lbs. 1 year in college. I don't think so. If the guy bulks up then he sounds good, but it sounds like he has the same frame as Napolean Dynamite.

:laugh:

He's a freshman, you dolt. The kid is 18-19 years old and has plenty of time to bulk up.

haha.

As a fellow real USC fan and Gaffney-ite I'm biased when I say it but Sidney Rice will definately be the real deal. But I think he will at least stay till he can graduate (2 more years) and I've seen a couple places that say he'd like to play all four of his eligible years for Spurrier with quotes from him. But you never know when the 'be a top 5 pick get loads of $$$$' thing gets waved in his face what he'll do but I'd like to see him stay at least two more years. But yeah he'd look good as a Redskin if that didn't have to mean the team sucked that year.

He'll be the first WR to go in next years draft. Unbelievably sick, freakish talent. Adjusts to balls better than any WR I've seen. No way we get him.

I think Calvin Johnson out of GA Tech might have something to say about that. He's better in my opinion, and I went to Clemson so I saw them play both guys this year. Don't get me wrong, the USC guy is the best WR in the state of SC but the Johnson kid from GT is just better.

:applause: Bingo jrockster77! Spurrier's WRs all look great in the system but none of them do squat in the NFL. Taylor Jacobs anyone??
sidney was not recruited by obc and really doesnt fit his mold, i will tell you he is awesome. saw him in gambrell the other day decked out in atl falcon gear, which would be a good fit for both parties. i would love to see him as a skin though.

Thoughts?

6'4" 185 Lbs?

Can we say Todd Pinkston?

We need someone to catch passes over the middle, not get split in the middle catching passes..

Archived