Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can't believe taylor is not mentioned

RDSCNZ20

First off it is Len Pasquajelly who wrote the article so you should expect some bias. Second, teams don't throw at Sean Taylor. Teams stay away from his side of the field. When ST makes a play it is actually more spectacular than it even appears. He usually has to come from more than 20 yards away to get to the ball. All that should matter is what those who know football think. Torry Holt said he believes ST is a future Hall of Famer, Gregg Williams thinks he is the best football player he has ever coached. I recently asked a friend of mine who coaches college football what he thought of ST and he said he thinks he is the best football player in the NFL right now. ST knows what he has got, we know what he has got. It is just a matter of time before the rest of the NFL finds out.

First off it is Len Pasquajelly who wrote the article so you should expect some bias. Second, teams don't throw at Sean Taylor. Teams stay away from his side of the field. When ST makes a play it is actually more spectacular than it even appears. He usually has to come from more than 20 yards away to get to the ball. All that should matter is what those who know football think. Torry Holt said he believes ST is a future Hall of Famer, Gregg Williams thinks he is the best football player he has ever coached. I recently asked a friend of mine who coaches college football what he thought of ST and he said he thinks he is the best football player in the NFL right now. ST knows what he has got, we know what he has got. It is just a matter of time before the rest of the NFL finds out.

:laugh: You don't think there are 10 respected football minds out there for each safety on that list that would say the same thing about those players? Teams "throw away" from Taylor so he can't make as many plays, but obviously nobody game plans for players like Polamalu and Dawkins so its much easier for them.

Did you guys see that cheap shot Roy Williams gave Rod Smith in the PRO BOWL no less? It was towards the end of the game. In the replay you can see Roy looking at Rod and the ball is gone, away from Rod for a good 2 or 3 seconds before Roy hits him while he is on the ground. Of course injured him... What an idiot.

Could not have said it any better myself :applause:

:laugh: You don't think there are 10 respected football minds out there for each safety on that list that would say the same thing about those players? Teams "throw away" from Taylor so he can't make as many plays, but obviously nobody game plans for players like Polamalu and Dawkins so its much easier for them.

But with ST it is so much more obvious that teams are trying to stay away from him, sometimes I wonder if he's actually playing in the game and then he does something you've never seen before and the reaction is oh ****

When you are a fan of a joke franchise you are going to come with comments like this. I never said those other guys aren't good, in fact Polamalu and Dawkins are very very good. Sean Taylor is a top 5 safety, that is the argument we are looking at here. If you think he isn't ask your boys Pinkston, Owens, McMullen, Westbrook and the rest of the Eagles offense that have been punked by ST. Check out the Skins video room if you don't believe me.

Did you guys see that cheap shot Roy Williams gave Rod Smith in the PRO BOWL no less? It was towards the end of the game. In the replay you can see Roy looking at Rod and the ball is gone, away from Rod for a good 2 or 3 seconds before Roy hits him while he is on the ground. Of course injured him... What an idiot.

Tell me about it! The commentators didn't have the guts to say anything because it was the Pro Bowl and they were just agreeing with everything that happened. The ball was long gone and Roy was looking right at him and still hit him after Smith hit the ground. It was such a cheap shot and he should've been fined for it.

ST isn't in the top 5. Take off the homer glasses. I know you don't want to hear it, but just because he hits hard doesn't make him a top 5 safety.

lol, the funny thing is that description is so much more true of Roy Williams than ST. He can't cover, he's dirty as hell, all he can do is horse collar and give late cheap shots. Roy Williams isn't half as good as ST.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that he is top 5 yet.....he still finds himself out of position once in a while (look at almost every big run ths Skins let up this year and ST is out of position or taking a poor angle)- but he definitely has the talent to be the best Safety in the league. IF he can keep his nose clean and if Williams continues to put him in the position to make plays....

The guys is a beast- but dont' forget how young he is. Even Ronnie Lott took a few years to become dominant. I believe Sean will get there- but he's not quite there yet....

are you crazy teams dont have game plans to stay away from polamalu and dawkins u dont know what ur talking about.....its just for the past 2 years not including this past season both of those teams have been better than ours so s. taylor goes un noticed.....and that article was probowl safeties s. taylor wasnt in the probowl allthough he should have been

ST isn't in the top 5. Take off the homer glasses. I know you don't want to hear it, but just because he hits hard doesn't make him a top 5 safety.

And I'm guessing you would include Roy in your list. Roy is nothing but an undersized linebacker, overweight safety, cheap-shot artist, who deserves absolutely ZERO respect. I hope that hit on Rod Smith opened up some people's eyes. I have to give respect where respect is due, and I believe Dawkins, Polamalu, Sanders, Lynch, and Brown are all great players and play with a certain level of respect for their peers. Reed should be on this list too, but he wasn't in the pro bowl. Williams should not be mentioned in the same sentence as these other safeties.

Archived