Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm gonna take this one step further...top five players in NFL (non-'Skins)

#98QBKiller

Nick Novak wasn't all that awesome this year lol... To even put him in a list like this strips you of any credibility whatsoever and ontop of that saying he was awesome this year. Good job.

You're crazy. Nick is not a bad player. And since he's so young, he will only get better. The Redskins owe him so gratitude for what he did for us as well.

:applause:

Nick Novak wasn't all that awesome this year lol... To even put him in a list like this strips you of any credibility whatsoever and ontop of that saying he was awesome this year. Good job.

Furthermore, this is all our "opinions" and I'm entitled to it.

:laugh: :laugh:

I don't get why it's such a joke. I mean, people say "This must be a joke" and put a list that contains 2 out of 5 of the same players, and throws another one into the honorable mentions.

Mine:

Walter Jones

Brian Urlacher

Alan Faneca

Tiki Barber

Edgerin James

I admit that I definitely have a heirarchy of positions that goes something like this.

Offense: OL>RB>QB>TE>WR

Defense: DL>LB>DB

Exactly. I meant YOU'RE top five players. The five players that you admire the most. Not the top five players with great stats from 2005.

And actually I forgot about Ed Reed and Palamalu if I could add two more I would add these guys.

Exactly. I meant YOU'RE top five players. The five players that you admire the most. Not the top five players with great stats from 2005.

And actually I forgot about Ed Reed and Palamalu if I could add two more I would add these guys.

Hmmmm.....what I interpreted and read from the Thread title is top 5 players in the NFL....not your 5 favorite players.... :2cents:

People have such sort memories. Steve Smith has a great season, and he's on everyone's list. Yet, no one lists Marvin Harrison. I still think Harrison is the best in the game. His numbers are pretty analogous to Jerry Rice's at the same point in his carreer. Any argument you say about Harrison having a great qb throwing to him rings hollow since Rice's entire carreer he had Montana and Young throwing to him. Also, Rice never had a second receiver as good as Reggie Wayne to share time with him.

There are tons of people here who complain about Monk not getting his due because he was a class act, who didn't whine about not getting the ball enough, did his part to help the team, and wasn't a media loudmouth. They should all be ashamed of themselves for ranking the "had a great year lets see what happens next" talent of Steve Smith ahead of Marvin Harrison. It really makes you seem like you don't practice what you preach, you just support the Redskin company line.

P.S. I realize I didn't put Harrison on my list either. So, before someone points that out, I didn't think any WR deserved a top 5 spot. Harrison would definitely be my #1 at that position.

4. Nick Novak -- hey, he ain't a Skin anymore and I gotta tell ya... he was awesome this year! He delivered when it was needed and anyone who DOESN'T officially sign him is stupid. I can't believe the Cardinals are only using him as a temp.

That is utter bull****.

A. He wasn't that great, he had two kicks blocked with us. He's never made a 50+ yd fg. I don't mean to say he's awful. He's been ok, and might turn into something, but he was nothing to get worked up about. I think we might need to replace John Hall, but just because Novak was from MD doesn't mean he was the answer.

B. Arizona has Neil "just made 40 fgs in an injury shortened season" Rackers. If they had kept Novak over him, no one except for a few ridiculous UMD fans would have thought they made the right decision.

That is utter bull****.

A. He wasn't that great, he had two kicks blocked with us. He's never made a 50+ yd fg. I don't mean to say he's awful. He's been ok, and might turn into something, but he was nothing to get worked up about. I think we might need to replace John Hall, but just because Novak was from MD doesn't mean he was the answer.

B. Arizona has Neil "just made 40 fgs in an injury shortened season" Rackers. If they had kept Novak over him, no one except for a few ridiculous UMD fans would have thought they made the right decision.

straight and to the point.... :laugh:

That is utter bull****.

Well I think it depends on a persons interpretation of the thread...my interpretation is top 5 this year only (some people did there favorite top five)....which I would not make Harrison a part of. Now if you are talking top five the last 3-5 years....heck yeah he is up there.....

Don't forget Steve Smith did not just drop out the sky...he put up decent numbers before he got hurt in 04. :2cents:

Ha Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa.......lol....don't get salty I'm just stating what I read.

Haha...I know...I know...I should've given a clear explaination of what I meant. I kind of made that post on the run....I guess it explains why I forgot about some of my favorite players.

And for the record. I still like Deshaun Foster. He may not have had a great year but he's bursting with potential and he's the future of Carolina's running game...especially since Stephen Davis can't keep his knee healthy.

Haha...I know...I know...I should've given a clear explaination of what I meant. I kind of made that post on the run....I guess it explains why I forgot about some of my favorite players.

And for the record. I still like Deshaun Foster. He may not have had a great year but he's bursting with potential and he's the future of Carolina's running game...especially since Stephen Davis can't keep his knee healthy.

Yeah he is the future as long as they dont sign the EDGE...

Archived