Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm gonna take this one step further...top five players in NFL (non-'Skins)

#98QBKiller

Wait, Deshaun Foster? :whoknows:

Top non-Redskin players in '05 for me would be something like Steve Smith, Troy Polamalu, Walter Jones, Peyton Manning, Tiki Barber. Honorable mention to Urlacher, Larry Johnson, Carson Palmer, and Jonathan Vilma. Maybe Tom Brady or Matt Hasselbeck rounds out the top ten.

I don't get why it's such a joke. I mean, people say "This must be a joke" and put a list that contains 2 out of 5 of the same players, and throws another one into the honorable mentions.

Mine:

Walter Jones

Brian Urlacher

Alan Faneca

Tiki Barber

Edgerin James

I admit that I definitely have a heirarchy of positions that goes something like this.

Offense: OL>RB>QB>TE>WR

Defense: DL>LB>DB

1: Carson Palmer

2: Tom Brady

3: Steve Smith

4: Tiki Barber

5: Larry Johnson

I list these 5 because the all had years better than ANYONE expected them to have. The only exception would be Brady but I listed him because of all the injuries , etc that occurred in New England and he most definately carried the team for most of the season. ( I hate to admit it because I can't stand him, but it's the truth)

Hail! :point2sky

Hell Yeah, WallyG3 Boycott SI.

You guys are crazy with that big ben talk, he blows.

I'll make my top 5 guys we could use to get better.

Here's my Top 5:

5.) Osi Umenyiora

4.) Champ Bailey

3.) Troy Polamalu

2.) Randy Moss

1.) LaDanian Tomlinson

In my book any list with Urlacher and ESPECIALLY D.Foster (has this guy ever been able to start and play 8 straight games?) is invalid. Here's mine....no particular ranking just five top players.

P. Manning

Steve Smith

L. Tomilinson

Antonio Gates

Tom Brady

I still dont see how foster is better than barber, tomilinson, LJ, EJ, cadillac, thomas jones...wow I could go on. Urlacher a great player just not top 5 in my book maybe my top 10.

Peyton Manning

Steve Smith

Big Ben

Deshaun Foster

Brian Urlacher

Not a bad list, but I would replace Foster with Thomas Jones of the Bears. If you look at the numbers he put up, even being injured part of the season, and the Bears having no passing game at all(much like what Portis did last season), I'd say he had a spectacular season.

Peyton Manning

Steve Smith

Big Ben

Deshaun Foster

Brian Urlacher

Petyon.. Ok yeah

Steve Smith.. Of Course

Brian Urlacher.. Yep he's great..

Big Ben??? No sorry not buying it. He's good don't get me wrong, but over the course of the season comparing him to other QB's, guys like Tom Brady and Trent Green outshine him.

Not comparing QB's you could have put Shaun Alexander in that list instead of Big Ben

Ben Roethlisberger belongs nowhere near this list. His QB rating in the Super Bowl was 22.6! As Gregg Easterbrook likes to say, if every pass you throw falls to the ground incomplete, your QB rating is 39.

Anyway, this list is comparing apples and oranges. Actually, it's like comparing apples and oranges and pears and grapes and bananas and plums and...

Here is my list, based on the ability of the players vs. the average ability of the people who play their position:

Peyton Manning

Antonio Gates

Neil Rackers

Troy Polamalu

Steve Smith

Ben Roethlisberger belongs nowhere near this list. His QB rating in the Super Bowl was 22.6! As Gregg Easterbrook likes to say, if every pass you throw falls to the ground incomplete, your QB rating is 39.

Anyway, this list is comparing apples and oranges. Actually, it's like comparing apples and oranges and pears and grapes and bananas and plums and...

Here is my list, based on the ability of the players vs. the average ability of the people who play their position:

Peyton Manning

Antonio Gates

Neil Rackers

Troy Polamalu

Steve Smith

I like your list, especially Rackers.. I may yank Antonio and replace with Tom Brady, but it would be to close to call really imo

Favorites of the year...

1. Jerome Bettis -- a class act on and off the field who went out on top. It doesn't get any better than that.

2. A. Brown -- the replacement reciever for T.O. in Philly. Watch out for this guy. (I think that's his name, I might be wrong.) He's gonna be nasty in 2006.

3. Merriman -- from the Chargers. God I wish he was on our team since he and L.A. are such good friends. What a combo.

4. Nick Novak -- hey, he ain't a Skin anymore and I gotta tell ya... he was awesome this year! He delivered when it was needed and anyone who DOESN'T officially sign him is stupid. I can't believe the Cardinals are only using him as a temp.

5. Larry Johnson -- Kansas City. He stepped up and made things happen when it was needed after Holmes went out.

Tom Brady should definatly be in this list. He should have been put in this retarted list before Peyton was. Brady is the best QB in the league. if you want my argument why, then let me know.

Would it be a retarted arguement accompanied by a personalized retarded list?

Favorites of the year...

1. Jerome Bettis -- a class act on and off the field who went out no top. It doesn't get any better than that.

2. A. Brown -- the replacement reciever for T.O. in Philly. Watch out for this guy. (I think that's his name, I might be wrong.)

3. Merriman -- from the Chargers. God I wish he was on our team since he and L.A> are so good friends. What a combo.

4. Nick Novak -- hey, he ain't a Skin anymore and I gotta tell ya... he was awesome this year! He delivered when it was needed and anyone who DOESN'T officially sign him is stupid. I can't beleive the Cardinals are only using him as a temp.

5. Larry Johnson -- Kansas City. He stepped up and made things happen when it was needed after Holmes went out.

Nick Novak wasn't all that awesome this year lol... To even put him in a list like this strips you of any credibility whatsoever and ontop of that saying he was awesome this year. Good job.

Archived