Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone else want Madden to retire?

ItaliaMuscle

me and my redskins game watching buddies had what we called the "madden counter", where we would count the instances in which he used the word "special".

"you know, greg williams is a really special kind of defensive coach - joe gibbs knew exactly what he wanted out of his defense, and he got the right man for the job"

or

"you know, brett favre is a really special kind of player".

it'd ALWAYS be in the double digits.

i like him, even though he says absolutely nothing important. it's kind of funny and enjoyable to see how solid Al Michaels provides the perfect juxtaposition to "cartoon character" Madden.

and these rule

http://onandon.ytmnd.com/

http://maddennuts.ytmnd.com/

http://mmmadden.ytmnd.com/

sometimes you just look at the guy, and you can't help but smile. i can't, anyway.

Actually I think Madden is the best announcer out there. If you think about it, commentating a game is a hard task. The networks don;t pay announcers to sit and just watch the game. The networks want the announcers to constantly talk about the game. There are times when all announcers say something dumb and something obvious. John Madden knows the game well, and he knows how to commentate. He gives a good unbiased opinion during games. Honestly, I'd rather listen to madden then listen to ppl like Joe Buck and Aikman. Joe buck is a retart who circles everything on the feild. Madden is also better to listen to then GUmbel. And I hate listening to Theisman speak. Paul McGuire is ok but honestly, if you just think about it, and listen to all the announcers you'll see that madden really isn;'t that bad.

I find him very annoying at this point, and would like somebody to pull the plug:laugh:

He's the best football mind since Hank Stram. He has a problem with babbling, but ill take it. Who else would you rather have, someone who has never played the game (or cut in high school and took up journalism in juco), or a ex-player who will always pick the team he or his son(s) play(ed) for and always dis the team he lost to in superbowl. or Khornhiser :doh:

Madden is the man lets be glad we can still here his insight to the game....

I wish Lambarti, Stram, Allen, and Madden :cheers:

No. I don't want him to retire. He is funny. I think his incoherency is what makes him funny. I find it ammusing when he studders because he loves to talk, but doesn't know what the hell to say.

You should not be listening to him to learn something new about football. He is absolutely Captain Obvious :obvious: !

But he is funny to watch. It is like you can't wait to hear what dumb analogy he comes up with next!!!

Absolutely. He is definitely Captain Obvious but I find his simplicity and rambling pretty funny. Plus if you're watching the game with your girlfriend, John can help her understand the game better. Even if she doesn't care about it.

Honestly, I could point to a dozen color commentators who are way worse than Madden. In fact, most football color guys - pro and college - are complete goobers. John is funny, articulate, and because he watches the line on every play he'll often pick up a key block or stunt that the viewer who watches the ball (like me) misses entirely the first time. Aikman isn't bad, but he doesn't have half of Madden's personality and he never watches the line. It'll be a sad day for televised football when Madden is gone.

I like John, man you talk about how he says "Joe Gibbs is a Special coach and one of the best ever and how the skins are a special team" Yea I heard stuff like that all the time in the great day of the skins and Gibbs first time around, he was great and hell yea I like to hear stuff like that. You don't hear other guys talk good about coachs and players and teams like John has. "This is a day that the will never forget" I like what he says, yea it's been done and so has all the rest of the other guys in the field, hes the best, if you want a stat guy go get a payton manning hommer and get out of my face! John is down to earth and is football. I hope he is around for a long time, John and Pat were the best IMO.

Pat and how he would say " pass to Monk, touchdown Redskins" was the best.

John, Monk is a special kind of guy and you know what he was.

Archived