Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Can trading Patrick Ramsey really make us better?

mannixguy

Mr. Grundle, I just want to salute you on the logic and reasoning supporting your position and endorsing some very pertinent points.

While I think there is some logic that could support keeping Ramsey, if he wanted to remain, I believe his departure is imminent and probably best for all concerned.

Hopefully, too, for those of us who like Pat yet are weary of the undying zombie of Ramsey "could have been" posts, continuously brought to false-life by a fervent few.

While the implication I take from your last sentence is doubtlessly true, it was a fine post to read.

Hey gang:

Here's my 2 cents. I agree at this point that Pat has yet to show us why he deserves to be a starter, but he has earned a roster position to this point. As far as Mr. Grundle's mathematical/statistical ananlysis, I find it extremely on point and highly possible that Pat could be gone in the offseason; however I believe one thing is missing from the equation: Mark Brunell. Mark is going to be 36 years old next season, which is not old; however in NFL years is nearing retirement. Now before anyone gets their panties in bunch, I love what Mark did for the team this year and love having him on the team. Now back to reality, since the ultimate decision is what is best for the team and statistics is the game we are playing, then statistically speaking having a seasoned veteran in your QB rotation increases the likelyhood Pat will see the field.

I guess all I am saying is Ramsey has been the ultimate professional and proven to be more than capable of doing his job when called upon. Heaven forbid we end up in the situation the Jets and Rams were in, but wouldn't it more of a piece of mind to know that, again heaven forbid, if Campbell and Brunell got hurt, our 3rd string QB keeps us in position to still win a game or 2.

I'll end with this, since the statistical likelyhood of a 3rd QB needing play has already been mentioned, who should we replace Ramsey with? I personally will enjoy having 3 QB on the roster with actual game experience. :2cents:

Peace out. GO SKINS!!!! :helmet:

Coach Gibbs has stated how "valuable" Ramsey is and also how much the Redskins have "invested in him". I would be surprised if the Redskins let him go for anything less than a 2nd or 3rd round pick. After all, without Ramsey we are in deep trouble if Brunell gets injured and Campbell is not ready as advertised. My other question is what team would promise Ramsey a starting job? The Jets for example still have Pennington and there is talk of them drafting Cutler in Rd1.

There are at least 3 QB's likely to go in the first round of the draft. Also, teams will have other options in QB's such as Collins, Kitna, Warner and Culpepper who all may be on the market soon via trade or FA. I just can't help but think Ramsey may find himself in a similar situation as with the Redskins, battling his guts out just to find himself relegated to being the #2 QB once again. For Ramseys sake, I hope he does not end up on a losing team being mauled in the pocket the way he once was under Spurrier.

Amen Brother Ben. :notworthy

Archived