Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is my town allowed to ban alcohol sales on Sundays?

CaseyJones7

Hell, in Colorado you can only buy 3.2 beer on Sundays - its a freakin' **** tease. :mad:

Pffffffffft. We can buy 3.2 beer in Utah, ( except in Prove/Orem and a few other places), 7 days a week.

Of course that's all the planet Utah allows.........

Pffffffffft. We can buy 3.2 beer in Utah, ( except in Prove/Orem and a few other places), 7 days a week.

Of course that's all the planet Utah allows.........

I meant that is all you're allowed to buy on Sundays. I would assume you can buy 3.2 everyday - but who would want to?

I was completely dumbstruck by blue laws. I was in SC a couple winters ago, and since my family lives in FL, we don't have an ice scraper. Our car had iced over, it was a Sunday morning, at about 9, and we had to be in Western NC around 1 PM. Being the South Floridians that we are, we walk over to the Wal-Mart to buy an ice-scraper, and it's closed until noon. We ended up having to use a CD.

Also, you can't buy hard liquor here in Alachua county on Sundays. That ruined Martin Luther King day for us. We just had to get beer.

Hell, in Colorado you can only buy 3.2 beer on Sundays - its a freakin' **** tease. :mad:

How bout only 3.2 beer all the time in WV? But get this, you could buy hard liquor at 18. I guess they didn't want any half steppers. If you're going to drink, by God, drink like a man! (1970's)

It's annoying, but it's not that big of a deal. You know it's coming, so you plan ahead and buy whatever you need on Saturday.

Yeah, it is easy to plan around...What is rough is dry counties ;)

Sixty miles for a drink?

No wonder brewing your own was popular :D

Inconvenient, and nonsensical, here in PA the beer distributors (beer store) and the liquor stores use to be closed all day but bars were open and you could buy package goods (mark up on a 6 pack was highway robbery) They have since allowed them to open at noon. I usually buy it all my on friday night anyway

Here in Dallas, you have to drive a ways to get any liquor at all. Several of the counties and/or cities around here are dry, or have been until recently.

In Garland, in the last year they finally decided to allow the sale of beer and wine (so now EVERY friggin store has it :laugh: ) but still no hard liquor. You have to find a few of the special stores in Dallas-actual, which is about a half hour away.

And on Sunday, you can't buy beer/wine prior to noon. Normally, this doesn't really hack me off too bad, because I'm in church til about then anyways. But one Sunday after church we went shopping at a Central Market that was near our church (which is a quite a trip from our house, never go there). In the process, I found some Bitzbatten, which I really dig, and hadn't found anywhere else for years. Of course, they take it right out of my hot little hands in the checkout aisle because it wasn't noon yet. :tantrum: :redpunch: Needless to say, I was not pleased.

:laugh: :cheers:

Archived