Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Reggie Wayne Won't be a Redskin

Thirtyfive2seven

Them some harsh words!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/03/AR2006020302680.html

Why is it that other teams just automatically assume that we're the front runner for high profile free agents :laugh:

Because the press thinks Dan Synder will go after every high profile free agent. Just see Peter Queen's comments last week that we were going after TO. Which we all know is total BS.

And we won't be getting Wayne. Word is they are cutting Edge loose so they'll have money to keep Wayne and an offensive lineman.

Reggie Wayne was not the answer anyway... I would MUCH rather Brandon Lloyd... He wants to prove something... The kid averages like 745 yards per year, and had a BLOWOUT year...

I say it would be best to get a kid READY to prove, and who flourished in a VERY crappy system (SF)...

Imagine him, Moss, and Patten of course including Cooley, Royal, and Portis out the backfield with the likes of Jason Campbell gunning the rock left and right...

Gibbs For Life!!!

Them some harsh words!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/03/AR2006020302680.html

Why is it that other teams just automatically assume that we're the front runner for high profile free agents :laugh:

Usually I try to be a lady in situations like this but screw that. :doh: Bill Polian is a _______(Short for Richard). :hammer: He seems very harsh and for no apparent reason. It is a shame that Dan Synder puts that much fear in him. He seems scared and he is only speaking out about this because he knows deep down that he doesn't not have money to pay Wayne without getting rid of some key players. Either way, they will not be the team that went 13-0 this season.

Okay I am back to being a lady again. :silly:

Colts General Manager Bill Polian said yesterday that the team will prevent Wayne, 27, from becoming a free agent, either by negotiating a new contract or designating him the team's "franchise player," which would give the club exclusive negotiating rights. Wayne is due to be an unrestricted free agent and, along with Owens, stood to be one of the most coveted wide receivers on the market.

Wow. Franchising the number 2 WR. If I'm Wayne, I just say no to every contract just to get the one year deal that comes with a franchise tag.

Archived