Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What's on your Super Bowl Party menu?

Skinsfan1311

Yeah...it blows...our beloved Skins aren't in..but we had a hell of a run, and optimism abounds for next season. Well...tomorrow's the Super Bowl, and a great excuse for a party. I'm having a small affair, with a few friends coming over. I'll be doing most of the cooking.

Shrimp Scampi(shrimp peeled and ready to saute w/garlic & lemon)

Crab Cakes(made up tonite w/jumbo lump..just have to fry 'em)

Barbecue(okay, Mrs. Skinsfan made that)

Devilled Eggs(ditto for the eggs)

Assorted dips,(guacomole, salsa (store bought, but doctored up w/cilantro and hot sauce)

Wings

Garlic marinated mushrooms

Plenty of Maker's Mark, Crown Royal & Absolut and whatever else strikes our fancy, (Chapelle would be proud of my bar stock) All of the beer will be supplied by a disgruntled Ravens fan, who during the course of the season, managed to lose 2 1/2 cases of beer to me, one six-pack at a time. He pays up tomorrow. I'm taking it easy on him...told him to bring a case of Yuengling and a 12 pack of Corona, for starters.

What's on your menus?

Yeah...it blows...our beloved Skins aren't in..but we had a hell of a run, and optimism abounds for next season. Well...tomorrow's the Super Bowl, and a great excuse for a party. I'm having a small affair, with a few friends coming over. I'll be doing most of the cooking.

Assorted dips,(guacomole, salsa (store bought, but doctored up w/cilantro and hot sauce)

Wings

Plenty of Maker's Mark, Crown Royal & Absolut and whatever else strikes our fancy, (Chapelle would be proud of my bar stock) All of the beer will be supplied by a disgruntled Ravens fan, who during the course of the season, managed to lose 2 1/2 cases of beer to me, one six-pack at a time. He pays up tomorrow. I'm taking it easy on him...told him to bring a case of Yuengling and a 12 pack of Corona, for starters.

What's on your menus?

Damn,

that's quite a spread. let's see 1000 miles, if I leave now........

Wings

What's on your menus?

Sweet! It's rare to find somebody who does deviled eggs, but they are so good. And homemade jumbo lump crab cakes? Dude, we gotta tailgate together some time.

My buddy is making:

Beef tenderloin

Chicken Flauta

My wife is making:

Crab dip (hot) with crackers

Guacamole (fresh) with chips

His wife is making:

Chocolate cheesecake

and we're drinking:

Margaritas

Sam Adams beer

Sweet! It's rare to find somebody who does deviled eggs, but they are so good. And homemade jumbo lump crab cakes? Dude, we gotta tailgate together some time.

My buddy is making:

Beef tenderloin

Chicken Flauta

My wife is making:

Crab dip (hot) with crackers

Guacamole (fresh) with chips

His wife is making:

Chocolate cheesecake

and we're drinking:

Margaritas

Sam Adams beer

Sounds like a great spread, Mark. I'm going to cheat with dessert...gonna run to Costco this a.m. You're certainly welcome to stop by our tailgates, (Blue Lot 8 first big canopy on the right), deviled eggs are always a staple. My wife makes the best deviled eggs. Shoot me a PM, before next season and we'll hook up, we'll bring the crab-cakes and deviled eggs. My ribs ain't too shabby either......

Wings

What's on your menus?

I looooove Makers Mark.

Yesterday I smoked a pork shoulder roast for seven hours. I'm going for the east Carolina style BBQ. I made the vineger sauce and I pulled and chooped the pork. It's gonna be awesome.

My Friend who is hosting the party is making a Turduckin. No telling how that's going to turn out. It's more of a novelty.

Another guy makes a killer potato salad and another guy know how to make some great hot homade salsa.

I looooove Makers Mark.

Yesterday I smoked a pork shoulder roast for seven hours. I'm going for the east Carolina style BBQ. I made the vineger sauce and I pulled and chooped the pork. It's gonna be awesome.

My Friend who is hosting the party is making a Turduckin. No telling how that's going to turn out. It's more of a novelty.

Another guy makes a killer potato salad and another guy know how to make some great hot homade salsa.

Good Man.....Maker's is nectar of the gods....sounds like we do a similar BBQ...I cheat....I do a pork shoulde in the crock pot, overnite w/some liquid smoke...then the wife makes up a vinegar-based sauce and simmers the pulled pork for a couple of hours.....slap it on a roll...pour on some tabasco and pile on some slaw........Damn...I'm hungry.......

The main course - Low Country Boil courtesy of Sgt. Frye. A veteran of the Gulf War, legend tells us he burned down Saddam's Mercedes spare parts warehouse, but the US Gov't will neither confirm nor deny such an event ever took place. He likes the Ravens, but he can't help it. He was born there. Otherwise a decent fellow - although I'd have a problem if I was a Browns transplant fan, but that's just me.

The dip - a gourmet's delight - Hormel Chili and Velveeta. Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Although some guy named Hawk tried to ruin it by attempting to replace the old faithful Hormel with some wacky homemade three meat chili concoction. That's just crazy talk. You don't mess with the dip. We kept trying to explain that, but he just got mad and started muttering.

The usual fare of frothy brown libations, naturally, and lots of Poker. :logo:

Archived