Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sign OG Steve Hutchinson and.......

RWJ

I see no reason to sign a new starter to the offensive line. Some depth would be nice but we're fine where we are right now. And if we were upgrading any position I would want it to be center. It seems like every big run Portis had was called back due to a Casey Rabach hold. Dock has been coming along very nicely and another year in the system is only going to help him. Our coaches love this guy and keep saying he has the potential to be the best on our team. Our cap space could be used better in mutliple areas.

I see no reason to sign a new starter to the offensive line. Some depth would be nice but we're fine where we are right now. And if we were upgrading any position I would want it to be center. It seems like every big run Portis had was called back due to a Casey Rabach hold. Dock has been coming along very nicely and another year in the system is only going to help him. Our coaches love this guy and keep saying he has the potential to be the best on our team. Our cap space could be used better in mutliple areas.

Your kidding right?? Rabach upgraded the center position this year tremendously. He did a great job.

I think we should bring back Dockery; I love Hutchinson; some mighty big cuss words came out of my mouth when we didn't draft him. If I remember he went to Seattle at 17. But now, we will be paying full value for an all pro-guard. Instead we should pay much less for a good guard; and use the money elsewhere.

if we do so, let Dockery sign with another team. We can get a 3rd round pick for him.

hutch is a great player but it will take thomas like numbers to sign him. we will be paying 4 tackle salaries for the line. we will lose dock as you say but getting a 3 would be a sweetener and we could turn around and draft another guard with that pick.

still, you know that seattle wants to hold their line together if they can. keeping alexander will cost them other players so i expect some hard choices for the hawks this off season. if they win, they may bite the bullet the way the ravens did. if they lose, traditionally those teams do very poorly the next year so they might just reload as well

Rayback and Dockery can leave. We'll still have Cory Raymer:doh:

i still dont understand how that guy was a starter a few years back.

his game really degraded inthe last coupe of years.

the team made a poor choice in the middle of the year when they released friedman and kept raymer. friedman was no prize playing guard, but raymer was an embarrassment inthe last game.

a step backwards

in 2 years Dock will be all-pro level

anyone complaining about Dock this season doesn't know squat about football!

maybe so.. but last year dock looked like he was not gonna even make the team at times. he has improved tremendously but still makes the mental errors.

it will come down to money.

wahle was a tremendous addition for the panthers this year, while rivera was not worth the money dallas paid for him. hutch is likely to be a fine addition for the right team. but he will command some large bucks and is not without risk

Dream on. Hutch will either be resigned or franchised. The Seahawks will let Alexander go before Hutch. A good running back is a dime a dozen.

Hutch will not be available. So don't bother even considering him.

not sure they can franchise hutch because they have used that tag for walter jones. they also have hasselbeck and alexander as you say. my guess is that they let alexander walk, but you never know. hutch will cost them big bucks on a team that already has a lot of money tied up in quite a few players

Guys, continouity is so key to any offensive line, just as in the HOGS. We need to let this line be together for a few years, it had youth(no one ober 28), and has talent. I see no reason to get any lineman other than for depth

depth is absolutely a key.. but jansen's play slipped a lot this year. rabach had a tendency to grab a lot..

there is room for improvement as well as playing together

You would think Jansen would get a break this year Literally how many did he have on his hands? The injury report tells how a player is ready to go but unless you experience playing on a recently healed bone you dont have a clue what it's like. Anybody that's ever played the game know that holding occurs on 99% of the plays and unless you have the grip to do it... Jansen is a tough mofo from michigan He'll be back to himself in no time I'd rather have him around then any high priced free agent Let's get rid of home grown in Dock and Jansen and bring in some free agents so the fickle fans can buy some new jerseys once again. Jansen is a great team guy that's never caused the team any trouble contract / off the field / or other wise It would be a huge determent to this team if they got rid of Jansen for some high priced RT. He's one of the strong points of the team If your looking for holes go to our dime package where Ade Jimoh is the #4 starter at CB. RT ain't a problem

Archived